5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

WTG Seth and mward!

Woah, Cookie, you're getting there and fast! Good motivation on the workout front too. How much gain do you think you're seeing from the Creatine intake? I'm hoping to put on some muscle as a result of my P90x stuff, but was unsure about going past the protein supplement and going for the creatine, as I don't want to put on a whole load of weight.

You didn't ask me, but creatine supplementation can be great for you. It will boost your strength and while you will retain some amount of water weight, it will not be an excessive amount. 5 grams/day will boost strength gains and be beneficial for your goals.

I thought this might be the right thread to go to. Do any of you use your iPhone (if you have one) as a music player while at the gym? And if so, do you have a case you like to use? I have an arm band and I HATE it. It's so uncomfortable, and the sweatier I get the more it slips off. I was thinking about getting a case where I could clip my phone to the waist of my pants, that's how my old ipod was and it is far more comfortable for me. So my question is, do you have any recommendations for a good case with a clip? I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Sport-Shell-Convertible-iPhone/dp/B003SNIV70 and am strongly considering it, but would love any additional feedback you might have.

Thanks!

I thought this might be the right thread to go to. Do any of you use your iPhone (if you have one) as a music player while at the gym? And if so, do you have a case you like to use? I have an arm band and I HATE it. It's so uncomfortable, and the sweatier I get the more it slips off. I was thinking about getting a case where I could clip my phone to the waist of my pants, that's how my old ipod was and it is far more comfortable for me. So my question is, do you have any recommendations for a good case with a clip? I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Sport-Shell-Convertible-iPhone/dp/B003SNIV70 and am strongly considering it, but would love any additional feedback you might have.

Thanks!

I got a pair of bluetooth headphones and I leave my phone with my jacket. Completely frees you up as long as you are in range. I don't know how big your gym is, but it is worth a thought.

I got a pair of bluetooth headphones and I leave my phone with my jacket. Completely frees you up as long as you are in range. I don't know how big your gym is, but it is worth a thought.

The problem there is that I don't wear a jacket at the gym. Just gym pants and a gym top so I have no pockets to hold my phone.

Thanks!

This may be a silly question, but do you need your phone with you at the gym? I realize it would be a little more expensive, but you could just get a Shuffle and clip it to your shirt for that use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I have this armband that I use and I've never had a problem with it slipping on my arm. Do you have a shuffle? Nano? Classic? Touch?

http://www.target.com/p/Belkin-Dual...F8Z674tt/-/A-13291642#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

Thanks!

After using several armbands for my iPod, this is the best one I've found (by far). Its like a neoprene material so it stretches around my arm without falling down or needing to be tied so tight it cuts off my circulation. I use it mostly when I run outside, but have also had good success with it when doing abs, lifting, etc in the gym. I don't know if they have a similar model for iPhone, but it works really well for an iPod (even without the nike+ adapter). If the snow forces me to run inside, I just wrap the armband on the treadmill and it works great that way too. I just toss it in the washer when it gets too smelly and comes out fresh as new.

I've thought of this before, but was worried about how easily some sweat would ruin the device or short it out.

SethO and mward that is awesome, keep it up guys!

GG that case looks pretty solid to me, right now I use my old iPod for working out but if I had a nice armband case for my iPhone I'd use that. May have to look into this one.

The problem there is that I don't wear a jacket at the gym. Just gym pants and a gym top so I have no pockets to hold my phone.

You could potentially leave it in your locker depending if the signal will reach all through your workout area.

I've thought of this before, but was worried about how easily some sweat would ruin the device or short it out.

My headphones are made for working out. Not the best sound quality, but resistant to sweat.

This may be a silly question, but do you need your phone with you at the gym? I realize it would be a little more expensive, but you could just get a Shuffle and clip it to your shirt for that use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this armband that I use and I've never had a problem with it slipping on my arm. Do you have a shuffle? Nano? Classic? Touch?

http://www.target.com/p/Belkin-Dual...F8Z674tt/-/A-13291642#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

To respond to both of you: I have a really old shuffle, which has some songs on it but I use Rhapsody and Sirius radio to listen to music at the gym, this way I can always keep it fresh and new (I quickly get board of songs) that's why I use my iPhone for my music. I miss just clipping the shuffle to my pants, that's what made me think about getting a clip for my phone, because the arm band is itchy and slips and cumbersome and just annoys me.

To respond to both of you: I have a really old shuffle, which has some songs on it but I use Rhapsody and Sirius radio to listen to music at the gym, this way I can always keep it fresh and new (I quickly get board of songs) that's why I use my iPhone for my music. I miss just clipping the shuffle to my pants, that's what made me think about getting a clip for my phone, because the arm band is itchy and slips and cumbersome and just annoys me.

This might sound kinda odd, but could you take a regular cell phone case that people clip onto their hips and put your shuffle in that? It'd be pretty big for the case I'd think but if it works, who cares lol

This might sound kinda odd, but could you take a regular cell phone case that people clip onto their hips and put your shuffle in that? It'd be pretty big for the case I'd think but if it works, who cares lol

I don't want to use the shuffle though, I want to use my phone because it has Sirius and Rhapsody on there. I have thought about just getting a case for my phone that clips onto my belt, I just wasn't sure if anyone had a recommendation for one that they have used that would also be good for the gym. I liked the one from amazon because it had the clip or the arm band, although I am not sure I can handle the arm band, it's really annoying for me.

I don't want to use the shuffle though, I want to use my phone because it has Sirius and Rhapsody on there. I have thought about just getting a case for my phone that clips onto my belt, I just wasn't sure if anyone had a recommendation for one that they have used that would also be good for the gym. I liked the one from amazon because it had the clip or the arm band, although I am not sure I can handle the arm band, it's really annoying for me.

Ahh my bad, the shuffle and iPhone part got me confused. A couple people in my office have some pretty sturdy iPhone cases, let me see what they've got and how they hold up with different types of clothes. A nice case is cool and all, but you don't want the thing slamming onto a treadmill when you're jogging.

i use my shuffle regularly which i clip on to my shorts, but on the days i do use my iphone (which is in a case), i just slip it into my pocket. on weight training days it doesn't really get in the way, and on days when i'm on the treadmill i just keep it out on the stand or whatever on the treadmill itself.

I have lost about 15 lbs so far. I have been eating very light and running. I am down to around 173 and I look trim again. I would like to get to 165.

Already hit my weight loss goal. Lost 15lbs, so now the goal is to add about 10lbs of muscle before the outing hopefully, and preferably not in the midsection.

Congratulations guys! :clapp:

Congratulations guys! :clapp:

How about you OG? Have you hit your goal yet or do you still have some work to go?

Btw, thanks guys for all the congratulations! It's nice having the extra energy and clothes fitting better hehe

How about you OG? Have you hit your goal yet or do you still have some work to go?

Btw, thanks guys for all the congratulations! It's nice having the extra energy and clothes fitting better hehe

Nope, I am at a stand still. I'm not gaining but not dropping any either. I feel great and in top shape. I may have to try that diet where you cut way back on the carbs.

Nope, I am at a stand still. I'm not gaining but not dropping any either. I feel great and in top shape. I may have to try that diet where you cut way back on the carbs.

Hell with the diet, you doing good OG! Hard to stay energized without carbs. Keep at the gym and keep swinging them rocketballz good, cookin' with crisco!

I'm down to 180 from my all time high of 193....dunno what I'm trying to do. Just want to stay in shape and maintain flexibility while gaining strength slowly. I had a goal of totaling 1,000 lbs on the 3 main lifts (squat bench deadlift) but have to put that aside for golf now. Was close at one point with 335 squat, 210 bench, 385 deadlift for 930 total. Maybe next winter I'll get it.

Congrats to everyone. There are some great stories coming out of this thread recently. As for me, I hit a new low of 243 this morning and it feels really good. :)

That's annoying. A friendly tip, try shocking the body every once in a while and eat something like a bowl of ice cream. The body will go what the crap? And kick into gear to try and burn it off. It happens though, you just gotta keep on it. The crash diets like cutting carbs are only temporary and the results don't last as long.

That's annoying. A friendly tip, try shocking the body every once in a while and eat something like a bowl of ice cream. The body will go what the crap? And kick into gear to try and burn it off. It happens though, you just gotta keep on it. The crash diets like cutting carbs are only temporary and the results don't last as long.

I had to chuckle when I read this. Ole Gray works hard at the gym but his body stays in shock from ice cream. I'm one to talk! LOL

I had to chuckle when I read this. Ole Gray works hard at the gym but his body stays in shock from ice cream. I'm one to talk! LOL

hahaha Alright, shock the body by eating something healthy. That'll confuse it too hehe

Back