Some of your favorite mid tier Golf Balls

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
Last season my short game improved dramatically especially chipping and putting, so I decided to move from the 19.99 category of golf balls to the mid tier, to maintain distance without sacrificing greenside integrity and spin, while at the same time not braking the bank with ProV1s, Pentas, Z Stars and the like, while I like both those balls because they are very good, I find them experiencing the problems that the tour premium balls give to mid handicappers, in they can baloon off the driver and the ProV, for me at least scuffs too easy. So what are favorite mid tier golf balls?

Bridgestone e series
Srixon Q-Star or AD333
Taylormade Burner Tour

Bridgestones' E line (26 a dozen) are great, and designed to help higher handicap players.

Bridgestone e-Series
Srixon Q-Star
Callaway Diablo HX Tour

Bridgestone E-series or the 330-rx and 330-rxs if you want tour quality for less cash and fits someone with a lower swingspeed.

Tappin' for world peace!

The Titleist NXT-Tours are nice. I've played the Bridgestone e6 before and they don't spin enough for my game anymore. I may try out the e5's this year. In my opinion, even if you have to pay for Pro V1s, play the ball you feel comfortable with. In golf, confidence = better score.

Bridgestone E series
Srixon Trispeed/Trispeed Tour
Callaway Diablo Tour

Bridgestone E6 in the winter, E5 in the summer. Really good balls for the money. E5 is a two piece ball, but has a urethane cover. Great feel. For about $0.50/ball more you can have the 330-RX which is really great for the money.

E Series is a must try. I love the Diablo Tours.

I personally love the Q stars and the Bridgestone E-Series, especially the e6, I also like the Burner Tours, TP Blacks, and may have to try out the new Rocketballz golf balls. I really want to try the HX Diablo Tour, and the NXT Tour, I tried the NXT and it was decent for me but I think the NXT Tour and TourS will fit my short game better.

Gamer v2, Srixon ad-333, Nike One Tour is now very affordable while they last.

I like the Bridgestone e series as well. How about Top Flite Gamer V2s? I played them once and liked them, although I probably haven't played them enough to have a definite opinion yet. I think they're about $19, so a little cheaper than the Bridgestones.

NXT Tour, HX Diablo Tour, e7.

It's a great ball, I was going to mention it but I wasn't sure if people consider $19/dz "mid-tier"

I like the Bridgestone e series as well. How about Top Flite Gamer V2s? I played them once and liked them, although I probably haven't played them enough to have a definite opinion yet. I think they're about $19, so a little cheaper than the Bridgestones.

In my opinion, even if you have to pay for Pro V1s, play the ball you feel comfortable with. In golf, confidence = better score.

Some time the pocketbook doesn't support this unfortunately... just sayin.

Rocketballz is my new fav mid tier ball

QStar, e series, Nike one vapor, and nxt tour are greats balls too

Rocketballz is my new fav mid tier ball

QStar, e series, Nike one vapor, and nxt tour are greats balls too
I really like the forgiveness of the Taylor Made Burner Tour or even previous model TM Burner TP (those have been on sale at Dick's 2 dozen for $25). They have decent short game spin as well.
I'm anxious to try the Rocketballz.

Q-star, Burner, and then some others.

I bounce back between Q-stars and E5's. Can't choose a winner other than Q's come in yellow.

Add another vote for the E series. Cally HX Hot, or even Titleist DT

The Bridgestone E series is great. I got fitted for the E-6 last year when I started playing slot more golf and it was the perfect ball for me at the time. Now I play the 330S

Bridgestone E series, usually the e6. i got a dozen free rocket ballz so i will have to see how they compare. Qstars caught my interest but have yet to give them a try

Bridgestone E series, usually the e6. i got a dozen free rocket ballz so i will have to see how they compare. Qstars caught my interest but have yet to give them a try

i think you are going to like the rocketballz ball. its a great ball for the price.

I was really impressed with the Rocketballz at that price point. Nice low spin off the driver, with surprisingly good bite around the greens.

Back