What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched (and still watching) golf on the TV, renewed my USGA membership, and picked up my recently fitted for and ordered R11 irons!!! Oh, and of course, time on THP!!!

short range/putting green session this morning followed by 25 holes.

Watched the Matchplay, THP, and went out for a range/short game session.

Got in some unexpected sand practice with every club at the range. No grass ftw.

Watched the Match Play, hit 110 balls at the range. First swings since last August, felt great to get back out there...the "bug" is back in full force.

Test drove a bunch of putters at a local store. Realized that my current putter (which has worked fine IMO) is definitely too short for me! Looks like maybe I'll be joining the pondering thread soon for a 35" putter.

Also made a mental note to finally get fitted/adjusted sooner rather than later to see what other revelations are in store.

Ken

Looked at golf bags.

Golf show... hit everything that was there. Walked away very impressed with the PING i20 driver, Callaway Razr Fit (driver and fairway), Callaway Razr X Black driver, and the Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS and the MA-nine Golf irons.

I wasn't too impressed with the Razr Black irons (didn't feel them), TaylorMade RBZ driver and fw (didn't seem any different than my 2.0)

Mizuno line was good but really they are the "steady Eddie" of the industry.

Alex

Edit: did not hit the i20 irons.

Got out and played 18 with my boss. First nine was good, back nine was another story, but I enjoyed myself as always.

Played 18 today. Temp was a little cool, but with the sun and no wind it felt great.

Took my little girl with me to the range today and hit 2 more large buckets. Hit wedges, then 5 iron, 2 hybrid, 3 wood, back to wedges. This new swing is starting to come naturally! Looking forward to my Bridgestone driver demo getting here tomorrow!

Had a ridiculously successful range session today. Might have had an epiphany of sorts. Completely letting my arms go limp at the top and letting them just follow whatever my body rotation does absolutely grooved an amazing tempo for me. It's actually letting me get the same distance out of a less violent swing motion with more consistency and a tighter pattern.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Got up real early to watch the match play. Had to go to work when Rory was on the 10th, was not impressed. He makes me want to burn my clubs. 340 yards with a 3 wood? that's insane.

Got lucky this morning because my classes got cancelled for the day. So, just so happened to get a text from my former boss who is the Pro at the club I use to work at, told me to come over to the course with my clubs.

They cover their greens for the winter, so there was no putting, but we played to within 3 feet of the tarps. Was great to get out, though a little chilly. Got to work on ball striking and pitching. Come to find out I was dropping my head a bit, so worked on that.

If the weather keep this up though, course will be fully opened in no time, like other courses in the area.

Shipped 2 clubs and bought a glove.

hit a bunch of new drivers out at Golf Galaxy came home to find my new putter arrived then went out to play 18!

hit a bunch of new drivers out at Golf Galaxy came home to find my new putter arrived then went out to play 18!

Sweet! Lemme know how you roll that Lajosi. I'm excited to place the order on mine soon.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Bought my airline tickets to Myrtle Beach for the Morgan Cup!

Played 18 and THPed.

Went to the driving range to work on my tee shots.

Went through two buckets at the the dome... mostly short game stuff figuring out distances using the 4x4 method like Pelz prescribes in the "Short Game Bible". I have seemingly turned into a "disciple". I then thought.. I have to take it to the course... so in miserable cold and windy conditions I played 9. didn't have to use any of it but I dropped balls from different spots as the course was mostly empty and put the short game to work. That book is working for me.

Alex

Had a great range session, I am really striking the ball well and it just feels good. Lessons do pay off!

Got the bag ready, the beasts are almost ready to come out of hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back