Sunglasses or No Sunglasses?

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
I just don't see how anybody plays with them. A good hat/visor and I"m good. I see guys wearing sunglasses and it just seems that not wearing them I would be able to see the ball much better. Maybe it's just me.

I have glasses right now, but I'm getting contacts, and sunglasses have always been one of my loves in life.

But honestly I sometimes just wear sunglasses on the course because the look cool. Although I do feel they help in the sun, if you look up to see your shot or something then you can still see it and not be blinded by sun light I guess.

Do eyeglasses that have the lenses that get darker as the light gets brighter count as sunglasses? If they do then yes.Bout as good as it gets with astigmetism.Can't get contacts so I'm stuck with that.Maybe when I break the club ho addiction I'll get some prescription sunglasses but until then that's what I have.

I have to wear sunglasses. Can't stand to not have them on when it's sunny outside and I'm out there.

Sunglasses for me.

I have to wear them too, if I dont I cant see anything.

Have contacts and need to wear sunglassess, if not my eyes water so much that I cant see the ball on the tee.

Sunglasses for sure. Like 907 said, after you hit the ball and look up to watch the flight it's nice to not get blinded by the sun.

wow everybody practially. I wear sunglasses every other time but when I'm playing I seem to see the ball better without them, whether I have polarized lenses or not.

Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.

During the summer, I'll wear them, but not really during winter play.

I will take them off when taking a shot though.

I wear sunglasses if it's sunny. On an overcast day, not so much because it's hard enough to see the ball against a gray sky without sunglasses on! If I am wearing them that day, I leave them on when taking a shot, except for putting. It's easier for me to read a green without them on.

I have to play in mine. There are some great lenses out there that will help you see the definition of the course and have helped me in reading greens. Give them a try and I think you will like what you see.

What do you wear amollerud? I prefer the wraparound style. I am also cheap! LOL But might consider anything that helps me read greens better.

What do you wear amollerud? I prefer the wraparound style. I am also cheap! LOL But might consider anything that helps me read greens better.

I just got a pair of M frames by Oakley. My brother bought them for me so it gets no cheaper than free. I know that doesn't help you any. I haven't played in mine yet so I can't give any feedback on if they help read a green.

I just got a pair of M frames by Oakley. My brother bought them for me so it gets no cheaper than free. I know that doesn't help you any. I haven't played in mine yet so I can't give any feedback on if they help read a green.

You could just mail them to me! That would help. hehehe

I just got a pair of M frames by Oakley.

M-frames are the way to go, IMHO. I always forget I have them on. Not cheap, but money well spent (I've had mine for 6 years playing numerous sports in them).

You could just mail them to me! That would help. hehehe

I COULD do that but I PROBABLY won't. :tongue: I'll see if I can get the site from him for them. They are Military spec and I think he got them fairly cheap.

M-frames are the way to go, IMHO. I always forget I have them on. Not cheap, but money well spent (I've had mine for 6 years playing numerous sports in them).

I've had what many call "Foakley's" and loved them. Just couldn't imagine ponying up $150 or more of sunglasses. I've only worn my new ones for driving and love them.

I've had what many call "Foakley's" and loved them. Just couldn't imagine ponying up $150 or more of sunglasses. I've only worn my new ones for driving and love them.

I've worn Foakley's. If you compare them side by side with real Oakleys, the Foakley lense quality is no where near the real ones.

But as is the case with all equipment, it's whatever works for the individual.

Many, many years ago I had a pair that I would wear on the course, some low profile wrap around style(Bollé), but they were stolen out of my car and I vowed never to pay top $$ for sunglasses again. The "shades" I do wear occasionally wouldn't look right on the course.

I wear them only when putting or between shots but never when hitting a ball with a wood or iron.

I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that are almost wrap arounds, I wear them probably 95% of the time on the course.

I wear them but not during shots or putting. I wear a pair of the Live Eyewear Quattros that we reviewed a few months back. For $50 they are a heck of a deal and look and feel great.

I couldnt imagine playing without sunglasses. Just as you wear sunblock to protect your skin from the sun, you need to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun.

I wear sunglasses when it's sunny out, even when swinging or putting. I don't think I'm a good enough reading greens for it to make a difference there.

Going back to amollerud's post, I think lense colors often matter more than style of sunglasses. I remember seeing an Oakley M-Frame type set up with multiple lenses for different light conditions.

Back