The Putter Thread - Show Your Gear Off

Nope, not light. Solid! They are more of a deep blue than in her picture and have a neat gold hue right behind the topline.

It weighs around 325 grams. Scooter is right, the color is darker in person. The pictures make it appear to be a lighter blue.

Nope, not light. Solid! They are more of a deep blue than in her picture and have a neat gold hue right behind the topline.

Scooter, if I am correct, they are quite light. About 320 IIRC.

EDIT: Callaway Girl beat me to it.

Aren't normal anser/newport offerings around 330? Maybe Lamont can help with this.
Either way, a nice putter imo:>)

You would think that theyd be lighter than aluminum or brass putters, merely because titanium is a lighter metal.
In snowmobiles, ATVs and dirtbikes you see them using a lot of titanium parts to reduce weight without sacraficing strength.

The new Rife arrived today. Pictures coming later tonight or tomorrow! :banana:

My Ping J-blade arrived today. Ive only practiced a bit with it on my living room floor, but thus far I love it.
Ive got one of those putting practice things that shoots the balls back to you and from 15' away I hit the target 6 out of 10 times. Not bad considered I havent played since late October and havent really be practicing much.
This Ping has a bronze head and its got such a soft feel, much like the Titleist Bullseye that I used to have. Also, the head on this thing is huge, much bigger than the Wilson Augusta, Titleist Bullseye, Cameron Red-X or either of the Mizzie TPM putters I had.
Its definetly got me thinking that there may be more Ping clubs in my bag when its time for a newer set of irons or woods.

Last edited:
Ive got one of those putting practice things that shoots the balls back to you and from 15' away I hit the target 6 out of 10 times.

Bake-

If you like that type of practice putting, you should check out the Boomerrang. I love mine, and it is WAY more fun and beneficial than an electric putting cup (which is what I used to have.)

http://boomeranggolf.com/index.html

As woeful as my putting is I need to pick something like that up.

It is a lot more fun (and frustrating) than a simple putter return. My is permanently set up in the living room and frequently used as I watch golf on TV.

There are 2 models out now, but I prefer the one I linked:
bg1.gif

( http://boomeranggolf.com/index.html ) because it comes with the putting mat.

The other version is the second generation model, but it is the same price without the mat.

It's a little pricey ($39.95 + $8.99 shipping), but when I bought mine, they had a 2 for 1 special (just pay additional shipping). Unfortunately, I haven't seen that deal since then (several years ago.) However, they used to be available on eBay for a little less. Maybe they still are.

I might have to look into one of those because my putting practice thingy died tonight. Its not shooting the ball back at me. I tried putting fresh batteries in it and its still not working...

Here's mine.

Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet 2

futura_phantom_mallot2_large.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
I dont see anything.

Now I see it. It was not that before.

Now I see it. It was not that before.

At first it was just a little box with a red x in it (no Cameron pun intended), then the pic came up after a few seconds.

There should be 2 sets of pics, I see both.

It was just a delay, I see both two.

The top picture came up fine, but the bottom one is still a little red x.

I got both fine from the start.

Here's the one I just received today. A Morgan 006.I went with the plain jane look when I ordered it.Gun blued carbon steel 350g with sound slot. Guess I hung around that other site to long and got crazy.

Last edited:
Here's the one I just received today. A Morgan 006.I went with the plain jane look when I ordered it. Guess I hung around that other site to long and got crazy.

That's nice. I like it in plain jane!

Yeah I thought I would keep it simple since I plan on using it instead of admiring it.

Aren't normal anser/newport offerings around 330? Maybe Lamont can help with this.
Either way, a nice putter imo:>)

That is a very general question. The newport at 35" were 330 grams. Now you can switch weights around. 34" newports were 340 grams, and 33" were 350 grams.

The old anser's were 310-320 up to 330 depending upon the timeframe they were produced and the metal they were made out of.

As promised, pictures of the new Rife Two-Bar Hybrid Mallet:

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

bought this tonight on Ebay. cant wait to get it

a31b_3.JPG

Back