2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

only in his 2 iron though. Maybe he should change all the way throughout the bag

He should do something! More distance control lol.

Seriously these shafts seem like they'd be fun to try.

Jeebus, now Tmex has another shaft to lose sleep over.

Tmex these shafts would fit you perfectly. I can see you now with a 7.0 pxi

Lol. nah, I'm only losing sleep over the Modus 3 and trying to get funds for the Kusala Silver for sale haha.

So, anybody else hit these or have them? Chunky - I want more details por favor.

I am liking these more and more Hawk. A little nicer feeling but not quite KBS nice. Launch was low at first but as I've hit them more and more I actually think the launch is perfect. Lower than KBS, possibly no different than PX. I feel like these shafts like a nice full swing but the more I hit the half shots the more I like the results. Good god are they sweet looking also.

Rundown:
Ballflight is a midhigh and seems to come down nice and soft
Dispersion has been fantastic. My last few range sessions have been phenomenal
Distance seems very good. I'm a full club better than last year and it's still cold out
Feel is fantastic

How I would rank overall

PX..........PXi...KBS

Sorry I can't go more in depth. I'm at work

No worries dude. I appreciate it. So, these should basically perform close to a PX, but a touch lighter? I sure like that stepless sexiness.

I think I've read that the ballflight is similar to the original with a touch better feel. I wouldn't disagree with that

Man, Chunky, I really want to try these. Very happy with the KBSs I put in my i20s but since Ping didn't have the PXi option at their fitting I have been left merely to ponder. KBSs are definitely higher for me compared to PX and S300 I mostly game - not a bad, ballooning high, just a "would like a flatter, lower trajectory on short irons" high. Not a huge deal since we rarely have much wind here, but I still fiend for the predictable, flat PX trajectory from my trusty R7 TPs.

More when work isn't int he way, please...

I am liking these more and more Hawk. A little nicer feeling but not quite KBS nice. Launch was low at first but as I've hit them more and more I actually think the launch is perfect. Lower than KBS, possibly no different than PX. I feel like these shafts like a nice full swing but the more I hit the half shots the more I like the results. Good god are they sweet looking also.

Rundown:
Ballflight is a midhigh and seems to come down nice and soft
Dispersion has been fantastic. My last few range sessions have been phenomenal
Distance seems very good. I'm a full club better than last year and it's still cold out
Feel is fantastic

How I would rank overall

PX..........PXi...KBS

Sorry I can't go more in depth. I'm at work

I like to play shots when I golf and I have a feeling these shafts will be easier to flight when I want to. Looking forward to finding out if they are

You go 5.5, Chunky?

6.0 soft stepped

CB is right. Should play to slightly stiffer than stiff at about a 5.7. If the world was perfect I would have gone with the 5.5's

I know you have a pretty smooth tempo, but do you know you 6 iron ss off the top of your head?

80-83 on average

Thanks again dude.

So, anybody else hit these or have them? Chunky - I want more details por favor.

Funny you should ask. My test i20s will have these.

Hawk, I messed up. Sorry, doing some work on the computer and I confused myself. I will be using PX graphite, not the Xi steel :confused2:

Hawk, I messed up. Sorry, doing some work on the computer and I confused myself. I will be using PX graphite, not the Xi steel :confused2:

No worries bud.

Thought this was the PX graphite thread that popped up :bulgy-eyes:

Using True Temper's shaft fit it recommends these shafts for me. Interested to here how these work for some THP'rs as they are not going to be a MC option for me.

Using True Temper's shaft fit it recommends these shafts for me. Interested to here how these work for some THP'rs as they are not going to be a MC option for me.

I think I'm going to buy one if I can find it and pop it in my V2.

Back