R11s vs rockballz 3 wood?

Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
Anyone hit them both and if so what are the differences? Looking at getting one of the 2 and haven't had time to get to golf galaxy to test them out

not hit the r11s, but the main difference is the r11s is adjustable and the rbz is not, the rbz also has the speed slot for added difference they say. I have the rbz 3wood and i hit it further than my old r11 3 wood, however i still struggle to hit it off the deck so i have a mashie 3wood to try now.

Do the head look really big at address? I know it a little bigger than the r11s head size

R11 woods are heavier, shorter shaft, and made to launch on a lower trajectory. They also are not as long as the Rocketballz.

The R11S is more fine-tunable, will launch lower, isn't as long, and should be more workable. RBZ does have FCT, so you can adjust the loft. It's engineered for distance.

The R11S is more fine-tunable, will launch lower, isn't as long, and should be more workable. RBZ does have FCT, so you can adjust the loft. It's engineered for distance.

This.

I hit a bunch of stuff recently. For me the R11S didn't stand out from the other gear, either good or bad. I didn't hit it particularly great, but that's very likely more a function of the guy holding the club than the club itself. The same was basically true of the RBZ the first time I tried it. The second time I tried it the thing was just stupid long (I only hit it off the deck).

Last edited:
I have hit both and the the RBZ is slightly deeper in the face with a mid ball flight. The R11s has a mid/high ball right ball flight and is shorter than the RBZ.

I have hit both and the the RBZ is slightly deeper in the face with a mid ball flight. The R11s has a mid/high ball right ball flight and is shorter than the RBZ.

I found this as well. R11s to be slightly higher, no quite as 'piercing' as a ball flight.

Found both Nike VRS and VR Pro to be longer though. To be honest I was far from impressed with either, especially with the distance gains.

I found this as well. R11s to be slightly higher, no quite as 'piercing' as a ball flight.

Found both Nike VRS and VR Pro to be longer though. To be honest I was far from impressed with either, especially with the distance gains.

I found this to be true as well. I'll be picking up the VRS 3 wood soon. I just wasn't impressed with the RBZ 3 wood. The VRS is the real deal, IMO.

I just put the two head to head and walked out with RBZ. My average launch angle with RBZ was 10.6 and 12.4 with the R11s. Swing speed was 106 with both and distance with the RBZ was 264 and 249 with R11s. Both held their lines well but the backs pin was higher with the R11s. So now the RBZ sits in the bag.

I just put the two head to head and walked out with RBZ. My average launch angle with RBZ was 10.6 and 12.4 with the R11s. Swing speed was 106 with both and distance with the RBZ was 264 and 249 with R11s. Both held their lines well but the backs pin was higher with the R11s. So now the RBZ sits in the bag.
If you don't mind, what was your ball flight and carry with RBZ, I need a longer 3wood than my K15.

I don't remember the carry numbers but total yardage for me was 245-250 per Trackman. That was in cold weather and with range balls. My swing speed is low 100's. The ball flight was kind of high but penetrating.

Last edited:
Sounds like good numbers for low 100s and with conditions you mentioned.

Those were way great numbers for me and my game. Gotta love technology.

I just ordered a set of RBZ Max irons using airline miles.
i have yet to decide between the Rbz and the R11s for a driver.
i wish we had a place to test hit them but Dallas is nearly 3 hours away

Good thread. Has anyone hit the RBZ 2 hybrid and the RBZ 3 wood as a comparison? I'm a lot more consistent with hybrids than woods, looking at changing my R9 3 wood to either a RBZ 3 wood or 2 hybrid.

Good thread. Has anyone hit the RBZ 2 hybrid and the RBZ 3 wood as a comparison? I'm a lot more consistent with hybrids than woods, looking at changing my R9 3 wood to either a RBZ 3 wood or 2 hybrid.

I hit both into a net so I can't be much help. I felt the hybrid was easier to hit off the turf and both were rockets off of the tee. I could just feel myself losing control with the 3 wood because of its length and lightness.

Edit: the RBZ 3 wood seemed to have a much more penetrating flight that was mid and the hybrids got up a lot faster into the net.

Tap before talk.

I liked the R11s 3 wood, so I got one. I needed a 5 wood as well so I thought what the heck I might as well get the other new product so I bought an RBZ 5 wood. I love my R11 driver so now I have one of each lol

If you don't mind, what was your ball flight and carry with RBZ, I need a longer 3wood than my K15.

My average carry was 254 with a 10.2 launch or mid ball flight. Sorry for the delay in answering

My average carry was 254 with a 10.2 launch or mid ball flight. Sorry for the delay in answering
Dang man thats huge for a 3 wood. Good stuff

I like the lower ball results of the rballz u guys have mentioned. I will just have go hot them both on a machine. I looked at the specs on taylormade site and it says both clubs are 43.5 inches long

I hit this a few times prior to release and I was able to get mid and high ball flights. It really is quite a versatile club, the RBZ that is
I like the lower ball results of the rballz u guys have mentioned. I will just have go hot them both on a machine. I looked at the specs on taylormade site and it says both clubs are 43.5 inches long

I've hit the 3 hybrid and the 3 wood side by side (not as a direct test just hit one after the other). To me the wood is a beast off the tee. The hybrid is much easier to hit off the turf however I struggle a bit with woods off the ground at the best of times. For me I'm going to go with a 3w then to a 3h after that and those distance gaps are good for me.
Best bet will be to go and try both and see what you think although I don't know how many places will have a 2h available. It's worth noting that it's only available in the tour version too.

Being a lefty, my choices in demos are kind of limited but since I'm a lefty our fitter lets me carry the demo clubs for as long as I want to. I carried two three woods for a couple of weeks and finally took the RBZ back to him, my 2011 R-11 was far better for me. I think the difference is that it is adjustable and has a heavier shaft than the RBZ. The RBZ head may be hotter but shaft is more important for playability. I hope he gets some more demos in with different shaft choices to try.

Back