2012 NFL Draft Thread

I think the Rams need to find a way to protect their QB. He can't get passes off to Blackmon or whomever is he keeps getting knocked on his butt. Maybe drop a few and still get Kalil? Maybe.

True, but they can get a ton in return for the #2 pick, especially if they drop only a few spots with the opportunity to still grab a Blackmon if thats what they indeed want to do.

They are in a great position to be in, that is the understatement of the day. They can either sit tight and take a franchise wide receiver, or they can trade the pick, try to get Blackmon later or find a receiver later and load up on the back end. They need players everywhere. So it makes sense to trade the pick and load up on picks later on, to fill more holes. I just don't know if I could pass on the opportunity to pair Blackmon with Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson. Of course, if Sam Bradford can't stay vertical, I don't care if you have Art Monk and Jerry Rice out there, your pissing in the wind.

They are in a great position to be in, that is the understatement of the day. They can either sit tight and take a franchise wide receiver, or they can trade the pick, try to get Blackmon later or find a receiver later and load up on the back end. They need players everywhere. So it makes sense to trade the pick and load up on picks later on, to fill more holes. I just don't know if I could pass on the opportunity to pair Blackmon with Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson. Of course, if Sam Bradford can't stay vertical, I don't care if you have Art Monk and Jerry Rice out there, your pissing in the wind.
If they trade with the Browns, they will likely still get Blackmon @ #4. Vikes or someone who trades up will likely take Kalil. They HAVE to trade that pick.

I think the Rams need to find a way to protect their QB. He can't get passes off to Blackmon or whomever is he keeps getting knocked on his butt. Maybe drop a few and still get Kalil? Maybe.

Everyone is saying Kalil is gone at the #3 pick to the Vikings, who are thinking the same thing about Ponder.

Everyone is saying Kalil is gone at the #3 pick to the Vikings, who are thinking the same thing about Ponder.

If that is the case I say the Rams first trade with Vikings to get an extra pick and slide down 1 spot, then at 3 maybe work a deal with the Redskins for them to come up and get a QB (if they have not signed Flynn) This way the Rams can get a few extra picks)

If that is the case I say the Rams first trade with Vikings to get an extra pick and slide down 1 spot, then at 3 maybe work a deal with the Redskins for them to come up and get a QB (if they have not signed Flynn) This way the Rams can get a few extra picks)

In this scenario, who exactly would the Redskins trade up to get @ 3? If the hype remains, I just don't see how Luck and RG3 don't come off the board 1 & 2.

I had RG3 going at #3 Luck 1, Kalil 2

Gotcha. I guess there is still a lot to happen between now and draft day (pro days, free agency, etc) but at this point, I think there is going to be a huge drop off of pick value after #2 with the 2 qb's going first.
Fun to speculate, anyway.

There's rumblings that the Eagles met with RG3 and loved him. they have a crazy amount of picks (and players) to use where they could go up and get him at #2. If they do all the Eagles fans around here will get out the pitchforks, torches, and tazers and go look for Andy Reid.

There's rumblings that the Eagles met with RG3 and loved him. they have a crazy amount of picks (and players) to use where they could go up and get him at #2. If they do all the Eagles fans around here will get out the pitchforks, torches, and tazers and go look for Andy Reid.
Why would they need RG3 when they already have Mike Vick? I mean, ive read plenty of people here say that Vick is one of the best QBs in the league.

I dont uderstand why Eagle fans would be upset with getting rid of Prick and getting RG3... but thats eagle fans for ya

I dont uderstand why Eagle fans would be upset with getting rid of Prick and getting RG3... but thats eagle fans for ya
Maybe they just want to mattykrack Mike Vick. Have him as a starter for a season, didnt work out, get rid of him.

The can cut Vick with little cap issues after this season with the way his contract was structured. So the plan would be to have RG3 sit for a year and then take over. Pretty much what they did with McFlabb.

Why would they need RG3 when they already have Mike Vick? I mean, ive read plenty of people here say that Vick is one of the best QBs in the league.

Maybe they just want to mattykrack Mike Vick. Have him as a starter for a season, didnt work out, get rid of him.

Who knows. These are the fans that boo'ed McNab when he was drafed, boo'ed Santa out of the stadium and boo'ed a legendary NFL WR when he went down with a severe neck injury. They are the Eagles fans.

Who knows. These are the fans that boo'ed McNab when he was drafed, boo'ed Santa out of the stadium and boo'ed a legendary NFL WR when he went down with a severe neck injury. They are the Eagles fans.

I was going to say... As nice as RG3 seems to be he's a little too close to Santa Claus for Philly fans to like him.

Yay. My big book just arrived. I can finally start reading and getting caught up. Also just got 17 and a half hours of film tape to enjoy on 1st round prospects. I dont watch it all anymore, but I like to go in depth on some of it.

Im declaring DeCastro a Cowboy making our O-line legit again. I dont want that CB with all the red flags. Forget his name but no thanks.

*books trip to FL*

Yay. My big book just arrived. I can finally start reading and getting caught up. Also just got 17 and a half hours of film tape to enjoy on 1st round prospects. I dont watch it all anymore, but I like to go in depth on some of it.

*books trip to FL*

I think you are the only other person I know that would want to read this stuff...hehe

And you never know where the THP Tour Van ends up....But I can assure you, my reading material will be on board.

*moves car into garage to make room for THP Tour Van*

man that stuff may as well be p0rn to me...

I think you are the only other person I know that would want to read this stuff...hehe

And you never know where the THP Tour Van ends up....But I can assure you, my reading material will be on board.

Lol. Man, I'm excited aboot this draft. Im doing a lot more studying htis time around because its fun. I'm curious about my UofA and ASU guys but not sure what the bears are going to do with this draft. For the first time in years, I'm excited because Angelo isnt there.

So how does everyone think the early FA signings will affect the first round? Any big changes? Someone slip now?

Im declaring DeCastro a Cowboy making our O-line legit again. I dont want that CB with all the red flags. Forget his name but no thanks.

janoris jenkins.... if he can clean up his act he is every bit as good as joe haden

janoris jenkins.... if he can clean up his act he is every bit as good as joe haden

If not better. Jenkins as a true Freshman held guys like Alshon Jeffrey and Julio Jones completely in check. Jenkins is legit.

No thanks. Let the bengals draft yet another mistake. I want NOTHING to do with another loser who can't keep his priorities straight even at an sec school.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Back