CapC

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy new irons this year.

I have searched for a comparison of these without much luck... I see they both have good reviews individually but nothing really depicting differences. I was hoping someone would know of a review or could offer personal experience?

I went in for a fitting today and hit many different irons. I got down to the cb 3 and i20s. I am planning to go back and purchase one or the other shortly.

So I was hoping to find some differences possibly just to look out for myself when I go and hit both of them again prior to choosing one set or the other and getting fitted.

There are 2 big threads on the i20s. Don't know much about the CB3s.

Pretty sure War Eagle has hit them both. I absolutely love the i20's

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I've never hit the CB3's to compare. I wish I could help you out.

I hit both extensively --- liked the i20s very much and was ready to commit UNTIL I hit the CB3s. For me personally - these were , by far, the best fit for me and my game. The stock shafts in the CB3s are very good quality - no need for an upgrade when KBS Tour steel shafts are standard. As always ,,, hit them both and go with your gut as you can't go wrong with either selection in this case.

I hit both extensively --- liked the i20s very much and was ready to commit UNTIL I hit the CB3s. For me personally - these were , by far, the best fit for me and my game. The stock shafts in the CB3s are very good quality - no need for an upgrade when KBS Tour steel shafts are standard. As always ,,, hit them both and go with your gut as you can't go wrong with either selection in this case.

This is interesting to me. Mattykrack pretty much found the CB3's to be to his liking too and I watched him hit both at GG. He smoked the CB3's too. Guess it goes to show that its best to hit them both and then go with what works for you. How long have you had them in the bag now?

This is interesting to me. Mattykrack pretty much found the CB3's to be to his liking too and I watched him hit both at GG. He smoked the CB3's too. Guess it goes to show that its best to hit them both and then go with what works for you. How long have you had them in the bag now?

I just bought them this week -- played round 1 yesterday and was extremely happy with my decision. A few missed putts prevented me from my low round of the season ( pulled 2 putts less than 2 feet ggrrrrr). Round 2 is later today. I had cash in hand ready to buy the i20s until the fitter asked me to try one last "club that just came out and he's gotten great reviews"... Great looking sticks.

I just bought them this week -- played round 1 yesterday and was extremely happy with my decision. A few missed putts prevented me from my low round of the season ( pulled 2 putts less than 2 feet ggrrrrr). Round 2 is later today. I had cash in hand ready to buy the i20s until the fitter asked me to try one last "club that just came out and he's gotten great reviews"... Great looking sticks.

That is awesome. Well Im glad you found a good set of irons for you and I agree they look amazing. I'll be taking a few swings with them as soon as I can here in next few days or so. Good luck out there with round 2.

I hit both of them side by side the other day not expecting the Adams to hold a candle to the i20's, and man was I wrong. I thought the Adams were hands down better looking, feeling, and performing than the i20's. The CB3's blew me away in every category and in my opinion they're one of the best irons I've ever hit.

CB3 v i20 irons

Oooooo. A topic after my own heart.

I hit both of them side by side the other day not expecting the Adams to hold a candle to the i20's, and man was I wrong. I thought the Adams were hands down better looking, feeling, and performing than the i20's. The CB3's blew me away in every category and in my opinion they're one of the best irons I've ever hit.

Strong statement for the CB3's. If you were iron shopping at the time would you have OEM'ed them on the spot?

Strong statement for the CB3's. If you were iron shopping at the time would you have OEM'ed them on the spot?

Without a doubt.

I reckon I need to find a CB3 demo in LH to stack up against some i20 action. I love gathering data and trying new stuff. These are very similarly lofted to the i20's so it could be an interesting battle.

I reckon I need to find a CB3 demo in LH to stack up against some i20 action. I love gathering data and trying new stuff. These are very similarly lofted to the i20's so it could be an interesting battle.

Get it done. I also hit the Ci11's the same time as the CB3's and i20's after all the Ci11 love lately and for me the CB3's put those down easily also.

Without a doubt.

I tend to agree. I wont lie I watched the Matty smoke the CB3's, it wasnt even close with the i20's. He just hit the CB3's a ton better, like these dudes are saying.

For sho :). . I20 look good! But just wasn't for me. I updated the cb3 thread

I need to find a LH demo, too. Curious to see the differences between the 3's and my 2's. They look like a wider sole and even more perimeter weighting.

I need to find a LH demo, too. Curious to see the differences between the 3's and my 2's. They look like a wider sole and even more perimeter weighting.

That would be my assessment as well Doug. I know how much you dig on the 2's. These have to entice you.

That would be my assessment as well Doug. I know how much you dig on the 2's. These have to entice you.

They certainly do. I'm in full iron ponder mode right now for a second set and want to hit these in a bad way.
A bit off topic, but they have a tough hill to climb as I hit the Nike VR-S's and oh baby..I liked those.

Hey guys thanks for all the great feedback.

I went in again today and hit the i20's and CB3's again and ended up getting 5-G in the CB3's with the smoke KBS shafts. I just thought they felt better to me. I hit the i20's well also but my results were just flat better with the CB3's so thats what I went with.

Also picked up a callaway razr xhl 3H/4H and a callaway razr fit 3 wood.

All set for the early spring... well in 2 weeks.

I went in again today and hit the i20's and CB3's again and ended up getting 5-G in the CB3's with the smoke KBS shafts. I just thought they felt better to me. I hit the i20's well also but my results were just flat better with the CB3's so thats what I went with.

Copy cat!! Lol jk the gap wedge is my favorite club!!

That's awesome cap congrats on the new sticks.

That's awesome cap congrats on the new sticks.

Thanks, I am very excited as these are a reward to myself and a huge upgrade from my Wilson ultra system 45s.

I'll post some pictures of my new set once everything arrives.

Back