Show Us Your Broken Golf Clubs

MontyV

Reaction score
Handicap
soaring
Per Dent
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2157

I'll start. My recent dead 3 wood from this past Friday.

*The Story*

I'm on my second shot in the middle of the fairway with a dog leg right around a lake. To clear the lake was about 160 yards and about 240 yards to the green. Took out my then trusty 3 wood lined up for the shot and hit it solid until I felt the rest of my arms after impact follow through I nearly fell over. Ball flew 180 yards, luckily clearing the water and the club head flew about 60 yards short of the water. Needless to say I was due for a new 3 wood because I believe I've had it over 5 years if not more now that I"m thinking about it more.

3wood.jpg

Maybe include a story as well on how you broke yours. My clubs were old, I took a normal swing and hit the ball and then heard this really weird noise. It was actually the sound of my clubhead spinning in the air down the range at such a high velocity. I kinda lost my balance and the club felt sooo light, I finished my swing with just a shaft in my hand.

f_P2230289m_a82ff88.jpg

Wish I had the pic of my broken 5 iron.

I'm guessin nobody else has broken clubs here Dent.

haha... I'm glad to say I have no broken clubs (ie crosses fingers as my bag in headed to florida in three hours)

I have, but I can't find the picture. Sheared an iron off at the hosel (on a clean hit in a session with my instructor, no less). PING repaired it for free.

I wish I had a picture of Lange's broken 3 iron. The face caved in after he hit a shot. I'll get a picture of his broken 5 wood sometime. The shaft broke right under the grip. lmfao.

I have yet to break a club, but I have my moments with anger management and something tells me if I break a club it will be because I threw it against the ground, or used it during one my road rage outbursts.

I have never broken a club yet, and I hope that I don't.

I haven't broken a club either, but I've repaired a few that other folks have busted.

Worst I've done, is dent the toe of a few old woods because I had caught the ball so insanely wrong.

I am proud to say that I am a recovering (recovered) golf club abuser. I used to be a real hot head on the course and before I invested in pro line equipment I was pretty hard on my gear. Now I don't want to drop the coin to replace any of my clubs so I have mellowed out, not to mention I have found that keeping a cool head helps my game. I'm sure I ruined more than one other person's round when they've been paired up with my former fit throwing self by the starter.

I wish I had a picture of Lange's broken 3 iron. The face caved in after he hit a shot. I'll get a picture of his broken 5 wood sometime. The shaft broke right under the grip. lmfao.

Where has Lange been? Haven't seen him on in a while.

When I was younger I would break clubs all the time, especially Drivers and fairway metals. My old coach said I swung a golf clubs like Mark Mcguire, would take huge divots and scrape the clubs up beyond use or even worse crack them.

Only club I ever broke was a putter. And it was because I was stupid. On a trip to Arizona I was in the desert again and decided to try something different. So I pulled out my putter (the one I still have from high school) and putted/hit hard out to the fairway. It worked well so I did it every time I was in the desert (which was often). I continued doing that after I got back home when I had a similar situation (as similar to desert as you get here in K.C.). A few years later while using a different putter with a smaller, thinner hosel I tried it and the head flew farther than the ball. It broke on the skinny part. That was the last time I used a putter for that. On a side note, one of the guys I was golfing with in Arizona still uses that method to this day to get out of the desert!

I have yet to break a club, but I have my moments with anger management and something tells me if I break a club it will be because I threw it against the ground, or used it during one my road rage outbursts.

I know what you mean GG, I broke my first driver by baseball swinging it and hitting a ball.

LOL Dent I bet that was a sight to see.

When I think of it it Actually could have been pretty dangerous, the range is in the middle of holes 16 & 18 so I could have hit someone with the ball, or someone else on the range with the head of the club.

I've never broken one.

Now my curiousity is up. I want to see the pic birdsboro...hehe

Now my curiousity is up. I want to see the pic birdsboro...hehe

Agreed, I wanna see what beats that.

Back