My Treat (a work in progress)

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I've been wanting one for a long time, and last week, I landed a nice little side job that paid enough to buy one...

I'm now the proud owner of a Clicgear 2.0 push cart.

I'm pretty impressed with the construction, and the bearings are sooooooper smooth. (as always, click thumbnails for a larger view)

We've all seen one of these carts on the showroom floor, and maybe even out on the golf course. I love 'em. One thing though... I don't really like the black wheels, so I decided to do a little something about them. :blob:

It started to get dark, cool, and a little humid, so I only got one coating on the first wheel. I'll finish them up tomorrow, and hopefully get it all put back together, ready for a spin in the next few days.

I'll update this with pics when I finish.

My next project, will be to make a mesh basket that hangs down from some of the clips, for a few extr a cold drinks, some snacks, or whatever.

Congrats on the new cart there Gummi!

Thanks Claire! That may be just what I was looking for, I need to find out if it'll fit my 2.0 cart, and I may be in business.

Nice Gummi. Those are very cool.

Thanks Claire! That may be just what I was looking for, I need to find out if it'll fit my 2.0 cart, and I may be in business.

The snap-on doohickeys are adjustable, but they are made to fit on wires--I can't see anything that looks like wires in your photos. So it may not do the trick, but you get the idea. If you make your own, make sure it's big enough for head covers, a jacket, etc. in addition to an extra drink.

Orange and blue Gummi that is going to look like my old high school colors.

Fixed it for ya!

Or it will look like gator colors...

478367649_5JiQ4-L.jpg

The blue, is just masking tape, covering the tire surface. The wheels will be white with a red center cap, and the tires will still be black.

BlobServlet

I tied a string around the tire to hang it with, then taped it all off, to keep paint from getting on it. Then I trim it all up with a razor, to get nice clean lines. It's the same way that a body man will tape off a car before painting it. That keeps me from having to hang the wheel by a wire, and have to paint around the wire, or get extra lines on it, and having to sand when I'm done.

I finished painting last night (took 4-5 coats for complete coverage)

Put it together this evening, and gave it a quick spin around the yard.

Had some overspray, that slipped under the tape's edge :gasp:

I found out, that using a toothpick, and taking my time, none of that paint adhered to the tire surface, so it came off clean without any chemical, and looks pretty sharp I think.

A closeup of the front wheel:

And here it is, I had to roll it around the yard:

Those came out great. At first I was skeptical of your color choices, but it really looks nice. Nice bag, too!

I finished painting last night (took 4-5 coats for complete coverage)

Put it together this evening, and gave it a quick spin around the yard.

Had some overspray, that slipped under the tape's edge :gasp:

I found out, that using a toothpick, and taking my time, none of that paint adhered to the tire surface, so it came off clean without any chemical, and looks pretty sharp I think.

A closeup of the front wheel:

And here it is, I had to roll it around the yard:

That looks really slick.

Nice work Gummi! The white rims look great on the cart!

Back