Lajosi Putters Thread

Trading emails with Kari, uh oh. Of the pics he sent I don't know if I can decide!

Nice, Griff! Perhaps I'll talk you into playing a round this summer and bringing whatever you decide along!

Tap before talk.

What models, may I ask?

V201, MM1, Bayzie C, The Chief, LPS1 -DB? Sound right? Other one does not have a model, think it is custom. Has what looks like a wood grain finish. Form factor on the custom could be the closest to what I'm looking for.

Nice, Griff! Perhaps I'll talk you into playing a round this summer and bringing whatever you decide along!

Tap before talk.

Sounds good, Adam!

Indeed they do. The wood grain looking one is likely Damascus...yummy!

If he hit you with pic's then awesome! Don't be afraid to pelt any ideas thoughts off of him, he's great at working with you (and lord knows if he can deal with my annoying and pestering ass you'll be no problemo LOL). Just such a great guy.

Sounds like you softened him up Jman! I need to spend a little time deciding budget and exactly what I want as I want to use it in play. Assuming that black finish is most durable. The wood grain look is stunning, will have to ask how some of those finishes hold up over time in play. No rush, but after the way I putted this weekend I could move faster then planned if this is the way I go.

Sounds like you softened him up Jman! I need to spend a little time deciding budget and exactly what I want as I want to use it in play. Assuming that black finish is most durable. The wood grain look is stunning, will have to ask how some of those finishes hold up over time in play. No rush, but after the way I putted this weekend I could move faster then planned if this is the way I go.

I'll tell you this, the Damascus will be WAY more expensive than the others as its special metal. That said, outside of the damascus on the carbon and stainless models ALL of Kari's finishes are maintenance free so don't worry there (and the gun-metal is SICK!). I game all of mine and I couldn't wish for anything more, tremendous feel AND performance. They aren't simply trailer queens.

I'm also in e-mail contact with Kari and hopefully to join the Lajosi club soon for my first custom. Great guy to deal with !

I'll tell you this, the Damascus will be WAY more expensive than the others as its special metal. That said, outside of the damascus on the carbon and stainless models ALL of Kari's finishes are maintenance free so don't worry there (and the gun-metal is SICK!). I game all of mine and I couldn't wish for anything more, tremendous feel AND performance. They aren't simply trailer queens.

Thanks Jman. Heard back from Kari and it sounds like we may be able to do something. On the Damascus, if it is too eccentric on the price there are others that could work just as well. Going to put a needs/wish list together and see what I come up with.

Thanks Jman. Heard back from Kari and it sounds like we may be able to do something. On the Damascus, if it is too eccentric on the price there are others that could work just as well. Going to put a needs/wish list together and see what I come up with.

enjoy the process i really have on all of my custom putters..... well until i have to wait for them to be done! lol

enjoy the process i really have on all of my custom putters..... well until i have to wait for them to be done! lol

Thanks. Liking the V201 so far, looks like I can get a nice alignment aid setup on there.

Anything you guys would have done differently regarding your very first custom order? Forget anything or went overboard?

Thanks. Liking the V201 so far, looks like I can get a nice alignment aid setup on there.

Anything you guys would have done differently regarding your very first custom order? Forget anything or went overboard?

I went all out on my LPS1, extra lizards on the sole, lizard behind the CS hosel (a-la SeeMore), v-groove milling, dual sitelines in the cavity with one topline. If I could go back I'd pass on the v-grooves, not because they don't work, its just made it far too soft feeling for me.

If its your first I've always said get exactly what you want and don't settle as it'll always be a special one.

I wonder if he would put Sharks on mine instead of lizards...

I'll go back and check out that putter Jman. So many things to remember I will have to make a list.

I wonder if he would put Sharks on mine instead of lizards...

He did one with a Lab on it dude. Sharks will be no problemo for the man! hehe

I'll go back and check out that putter Jman. So many things to remember I will have to make a list.

Griff, I still make lists on my way into a custom. Keeps me sorted and by having a visual of things keeps me grounded too.

im happy with what i did i had a lot of questions about EVERYTHING for the first custom jobs from each company that i got but Karis customer service was amazing so i knew what he could do and got exactly what i wanted. i didn't go overboard with either of my lajosi putters.

Via Facebook:

[h=6]Lajosi Putters – 1st Tour Win
A couple of weeks ago- New Zealand pro Mike Hendry won the NZ PGA - using a Lajosi KLP4.
I meet Mike at the Aussie Open and he saw the KLP4SS I had and loved the look and requested a carbon head, fnished in black chrome , 350g and deep milled.
He put it in the bag for the last 3 events in Australia and it was working well, so it was great news to see him win with it in NZ with a "awesome" putting round on the last day.

http://www.pga.org.au/article-display/New-Zealands-Hendry-wins-national-PGA/133580
[/h]

Very freaking cool! Awesome for Kari for sure.

Kari is on a roll.

These were for the Australian Open, the finishes are ridiculously good looking IMO.

KLP-7J:

AussieOpenPutters001.png

AussieOpenPutters003.png

AussieOpenPutters002.png

DD201's: (Pretty sure these are my two favorite finishes of Kari's right now)

AussieOpenPutters017.png

AussieOpenPutters021.jpg

AussieOpenPutters019.jpg

AussieOpenPutters023.jpg

AussieOpenPutters026.jpg

AussieOpenPutters024.png

Aaaaaaaaand the finished Damascus Insert Kari did.....slick...although I personally don't care for the cavity engraving on this one.

Lajosi-Damascus026.png

Lajosi-Damascus022.png

Lajosi-Damascus024.jpg

Lajosi-Damascus025.png

I was bored looking back through this thread and I WANT a Lajosi with a Damascus insert!

Tap before talk.

I was bored looking back through this thread and I WANT a Lajosi with a Damascus insert!

Tap before talk.

def on my list for sure! they are so good looking.

Hmmmm....what have we here?

4c27c21e.jpg

Too bad my camera battery has to charge for a bit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm....what have we here?

4c27c21e.jpg

Too bad my camera battery has to charge for a bit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prob two camerons. Lol. Can't wait to see them jman!

I think this would make an awesome Jajosi logo.

Lajosi-1.png

Edit: it looks rough because I did it very quickly

Nice setho. He's done stuff like that in the past on a few of his putters I think. Was just looking at some of his new stuff yesterday. Really some cool looking stuff he's putting out. Lots of different finishes and models.

Nice setho. He's done stuff like that in the past on a few of his putters I think. Was just looking at some of his new stuff yesterday. Really some cool looking stuff he's putting out. Lots of different finishes and models.

Yeah? That is cool. I asked him a while ago if he ever thought of doing that and he said that he had not done it yet.

The dude is a genius for sure.

Yeah? That is cool. I asked him a while ago if he ever thought of doing that and he said that he had not done it yet.

The dude is a genius for sure.

He really is IMO. His stuff is getting better and better, I've got a ton of pic's to put up but I really want this weld neck bayzie, yum.

Bayzie-C-Flow001.png

Bayzie-C-Flow006.png

Bayzie-C-Flow004.png

Back