bajapalm

it seems so simple..
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else checked out any of his videos on Youtube??
I watched almost all of them and am now trying it all out as his instruction is very thorough. Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on him and or his "Iron Byron" technique. If you watch him swing slowly and generate good clubhead speed, it seems like a great swing.
(Yes I know I should get lessons from a pro etc.)
Thanks

I like his videos. I learned to pitch from one of his videos.

Never heard of him, but thanks for the info I will look him up

Yes, he has a great video on the grip that helped me a lot.

Good call, I just watched the first one and liked it a lot

Cool. Yeah I ended up changing my grip because of that grip video - still working on my short" thumb - but I guess if I am adopting the method I need the grip too.
My 2 favorites are the one on Tempo and Effortless swing.
I guess he tried out to be on the Golf Channel for School of Golf with the second one, it blows me away that he gets 93 mph!!

I subscribed to his youtube channel peakperformance golf a couple of months ago. Seems like a straight forward easy going guy.

I have watched a few more and they make a lot of sense to me. I wonder if Tadashi, TC, JB, Ole Gray or any other other guys with a lot of knowledge about golf swings think these videos are worthwhile for mainstream users. I just want to make sure I avoid getting into something funky like the stack and tilt or whatever else is out there...

Last edited:
Would be more interested as well.. I enjoyed the 3 putting videos he had up as well

"I have watched a few more and they make a lot of sense to me. I wonder if Tadashi, TC, JB, Ole Gray or any other other guys with a lot of knowledge about golf swings think these videos are worthwhile for mainstream users. I just want to make sure I avoid getting into something funky like the stack and tilt or whatever else is out there..."

Hahaha this is funny because ever since I really got into golf a couple years ago I have been a stack n tilter
I have the videos and watched them regularly and practiced as well.
I became frustrated with my driver being low and left all the time and found Paul.
Have practiced this for the last 3 weeks now and am starting to get it.
Would also love for some of the gurus here to weigh in on this method.

I haven't watched any of his videos to be honest. I will check some out while I'm in the office tomorrow.

"I have watched a few more and they make a lot of sense to me. I wonder if Tadashi, TC, JB, Ole Gray or any other other guys with a lot of knowledge about golf swings think these videos are worthwhile for mainstream users. I just want to make sure I avoid getting into something funky like the stack and tilt or whatever else is out there..."

Hahaha this is funny because ever since I really got into golf a couple years ago I have been a stack n tilter
I have the videos and watched them regularly and practiced as well.
I became frustrated with my driver being low and left all the time and found Paul.
Have practiced this for the last 3 weeks now and am starting to get it.
Would also love for some of the gurus here to weigh in on this method.

Sorry, I didnt mean to say that the stack and tilt is not a good way to go, its just not something I think I want to do because its not mainstream. I think finding a coach down here who could help me with it would be a problem. If it works for you, thats awesome, I didnt mean to imply otherwise.

Thanks Ripper, No worries at all! I loved the stack and tilt and it really helped me. But it was frustrating getting my monthly magazines, watching Golf Channel everything, and all the other instructors and nothing applied to me!
Paul's method seems much more conventional and by just moving the ball forward of center my ball flight has gotten higher (which it needed).
He uses no forward slide and it is hard to make my arms as loose as he does but I am working on it!

I haven't watched any of his videos to be honest. I will check some out while I'm in the office tomorrow.

Thanks TC!

TC did you ever check out Paul Wilson?? Bunch of stuff on Youtube

Some of the thoughts on these videos really helped me last time out. I think its like all golf videos, out of 100 things they say, 10 will stick with you and really help. I am definitely going to watch more.

TC did you ever check out Paul Wilson?? Bunch of stuff on Youtube

Oh man, I totally spaced it. I'll check out Paul WIlson on the tube tonight bro. Scouts honor.

Saw this thread last night and looked him up on youtube, watched his video on eliminating the slide and worked on it today at the range. Seemed to work pretty well for me I'll have to check out some more videos.

I agree bajapalm, I liked the effortless swing one too, i havent been able to really practice it a ton, but used some of its principles last time out I found they helped a lot

His tips are good, but his videos are 12 minutes too long

Yes he really can keep talking. My previous swing was the stack n tilt - you gotta watch those videos if you really wanna go to sleep!

His tips are good, but his videos are 12 minutes too long

Yes he really can keep talking. My previous swing was the stack n tilt - you gotta watch those videos if you really wanna go to sleep!

One guy that I really recommend that won't put people to sleep is herman williams, he's a really good instructor and his videos are short and to the point!

Paul's instruction has helped me the past several weeks. His tip about flexing the knees while putting turned my whole 3-putt problem around in one day. Overall, I would heartily recommend his videos as he is easy to understand and implement for a hack like me.

Back