Recommendations for Anaheim/OC trip

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Handicap
Heading out to the west coast next week and am looking for good recommendations that I might not know about. I have played a few courses out in the area:

Talega
Arroyo Trabuco
Oak Quarry
Tustin Ranch
Shady Canyon

Are there any other courses which would be good to play in the area? I am looking for something nice, but challenging.

Heading out to the west coast next week and am looking for good recommendations that I might not know about. I have played a few courses out in the area:

Talega
Arroyo Trabuco
Oak Quarry
Tustin Ranch
Shady Canyon

Are there any other courses which would be good to play in the area? I am looking for something nice, but challenging.

In N' Out... Oh you mean golf courses.
I golfed at Trabuco once. A beautiful course. In great shape. A bit of a drive from Orange County but worth it in my opinion.

In OC there is Black Gold in Yorba Linda. Also Coyote Hills in Fullerton. I like going out to Corona which is a 30-40 minute drive from Anaheim and there are several courses out there as well. If you want more help, feel free to msg me.

What about on the way from LAX to the OC? I land at 11:00am local time so I would guess 1:00-2:00 would be my tee time...

What about on the way from LAX to the OC? I land at 11:00am local time so I would guess 1:00-2:00 would be my tee time...

1pm would be a comfy time. The traffic isn't "that" bad at 11:00am. Although it's the 405 so, hell can break loose at any moment.

Depending how you drive from the airport , a couple others are the naval course in seal beach, milesquare park in fountain valley(2 courses there). You could hit the OC courses I mentioned earlier.. another good course is Strawberry Fields in Irvine

make sure you check out the rodger dunn shop in tustin. it's deemed as the golfer's disneyland.
1421 Village Way Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 558-0074

Anaheim sounds like such a badass place to live, such a cool name.

except that you gotta deal with the Annoying LA Angels of Anaheim fans. Really Angels? I didn't know that Anaheim is in LA county. Oh and the Ducks. God... annoying annoying people.

make sure you check out the rodger dunn shop in tustin. it's deemed as the golfer's disneyland.
(714) 558-0074

It is an amazing golf store!!!! No Doubt!!!

except that you gotta deal with the Annoying LA Angels of Anaheim fans. Really Angels? I didn't know that Anaheim is in LA county. Oh and the Ducks. God... annoying annoying people.

They are no worse than the rest of the bandwagon fans in SoCal. Once they stop having good seasons, they will go away. Kinda like Dodger and King fans.

I don't know, maybe if you are looking to play something close to the airport. Departing the plane, getting your luggage and presumably getting your rental car takes time. The drive from LAX to OC is at least an hour and can easily be 2 or 3 hours.

I don't know, maybe if you are looking to play something close to the airport. Departing the plane, getting your luggage and presumably getting your rental car takes time. The drive from LAX to OC is at least an hour and can easily be 2 or 3 hours.

All very true statements here!!

It is an amazing golf store!!!! No Doubt!!!

They are no worse than the rest of the bandwagon fans in SoCal. Once they stop having good seasons, they will go away. Kinda like Dodger and King fans.

Oh yeah I agree with you. LA fans are bandwagon fans for sure. There are only a few diehard loyal fans. I've been a Dodger and a Kings fan even when they were terrible. I could move to NY and I would never change my loyalty.

Oh yeah I agree with you. LA fans are bandwagon fans for sure. There are only a few diehard loyal fans. I've been a Dodger and a Kings fan even when they were terrible. I could move to NY and I would never change my loyalty.

You are unique around here although I will say I find the Dodger fans to be the most loyal of the bunch.

You are unique around here although I will say I find the Dodger fans to be the most loyal of the bunch.

We put people into comas because we're so loyal... Too soon? Those guys gave us such bad rep. Uggh...

Anywho... back to golf. I hope you don't hit too much traffic. Traffic determines how far you can go in this area. And it's ashame since there are a lot of good course around here. Good luck sir!

True, but the eye candy is nice at Angel Stadium. Not a nice as Dodger Stadium or a Lakers' game...which is just insane.

It depends on which part of the OC you are going to be in. If you are going down the 405, I'd say stop in Long Beach and play one of those courses (El Dorado, Rec Park), or in Palos Verdes, Los Verdes if you can get a time, or Trump National if money is no object. Rhino threw out some great courses too. If you are willing to spend some serious cash, play Pelican Hill.

Right by the airport, you can go south and Play 18 and Alondra, or just north, at Westchester (Alondra is better). There is a short Executive 9 in El Segundo called The Lakes. Also south on the 405 is Victoria. Nothing special until you turn a corner and the Goodyear bimp is docked less than a football field away.

Dodger fans only jumped off when they got sick of McCourt, otherwise, even through many many bad years, the Dodgers were at the tops of the league in attendance. I love the Dodgers, but freaking hate parking at Dodger Stadium. I'm ambivalent about the Angels, but always have great seats or in a luxury box when I have gone. And really, is there any doubt this is a Lakers town? Although booing CP3 at the Dodger's game the other night is a bit much. But I get it, Donald Sterling is a joke. Just wait until he starts milking the team again - then it will be like rats of the Titanic.

Thanks for the recommendations. Dare I tell you guys I am a Red Sox fan????

When I fly out, I usually try to play on that day. Last time I played Trubuco and made it down the 405 with no issues whatsoever. I usually call same day or Golf Now it when i get close.

thanks for the recs!

I have played the Lakes in El Segundo. Fun little par 3 course and nice folks.

(714) 558-0074

I haven't been there. I did go to the golfsmith extreme in Irvine (I think) last time I was out there... Is it that much nicer?

How much is Pelican Hill? Looks spendy....

...and I am sure there are better value courses to be had in the area. I got some good leads. I even put a call into my buddy who plays out at Shady Canyon (one of my favorite layouts in that area)

From lax to OC, there's also Lakewood CC and Skylinks. I'd stay away from Victoria, the fairways are terrible.
Terranea has a 9 hole course that has great views. It's in Palos Verdes near Trump.
Another good OC course is Tijeras Creek. If you're closer to Irvine, Oak Creek is good. Black Gold is good too
You should also check Greenskeeper.org. A lot of courses are aerating their greens now and Greenskeeper will tell you if they are.

Ezlinks.com also has discount tee times for trump in their specials.

Back