blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have been having some issues taking the club back. Are there any good drills to practice a proper takeaway that will keep the club on plain?

Blugold,

Thank you for the post. In order to send you in the right direction, can you let me know what you tend to do in your takeaway. Does the club go inside or outside the plane? Do your hands go inside or outside? What does the club face tend to do; open, close, or square? This will help me get you the correct advice.

Robert Gamble, PGA
City Manager/Director of Instruction
GolfTEC Glenwood/Cary

I tend to flick the club back and get caught in a very laid off position.

Mainly, how can I get this swing more upright and less flat?

blugold,

In order to get the club up more, you must first slow that takeaway down. You need to slow down so that you can feel what you are doing. Now in order to make this change, the shoulders must turn away and the club must stay outside the hands. When you create the hinge, the club shaft must point inside the golf ball. If you are making full swings and full speed, you will never make the change. The foley video is very good at explaining this position but keeping the club outside the hands will certainly help. Use a mirror at home so you can see yourself rather than hitting balls.

Robert Gamble, PGA
City Manager/Director of Instruction
GolfTEC Glenwood/Cary

I've been setting a tee about a foot back of the ball and try to hit the tee on the takeaway. A ball works too but you gotta have a second person to stop the ball from rolling.

and my takeaway is half time slower than yours.
Someone told me that it doesn't matter how fast your takeaway is, it won't increase the swing speed. And faster the takeaway is, more chances to have something go wrong. This is just my opinion. Don't take any offense.

bluegold, how do you like your driver by the way? A lot of people are switching to Adams so it must be awesome!

Thank you all for the tips. It will give me something to work on.

bluegold, how do you like your driver by the way? A lot of people are switching to Adams so it must be awesome!

I have put a bunch of thoughts into the Fast 12 testers thread. The driver is not perfect, but it's the best one I have ever hit.

Thank you all for the tips. It will give me something to work on.

I have put a bunch of thoughts into the Fast 12 testers thread. The driver is not perfect, but it's the best one I have ever hit.

Yeah, if you slow down a bit on the takeaway, it will give you chances to correct some stuff. Trust me, my take away was just as fast as your's and did me no good.
I guess I gotta try the Fast 12. I switched to Adams 3 wood and I love it.

I know this is in other threads, but I am hoping GolfTec sees this...

This is where I am at now. I have been working on my takeaway and turn to the top. I have to work on the flex in my right leg, but I am seeing some good results with this swing.

Back