Callaway RAZR X Black Irons

Those look great G4l! I still have no idea what irons I will be playing in the MC and these are still on the list. Looking forward to your thoughts when you get out on the course.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I love how they look, but mostly I love how they performed in the fitting. First league round tomorrow night so right into the fire!

A couple more pics as I tuck them in to bed.....

aefec3cb-dbaf-9464.jpg

aefec3cb-dbc1-00b8.jpg

Those look pretty darn sweet.

Those look sexy! Enjoy!

99% sure these are going in the bag for me too. Need to figure out what shaft...

99% sure these are going in the bag for me too. Need to figure out what shaft...

I think with irons such as these I would need to do another fitting as they are already going to get the ball up into the air and you might need a shaft to bring that ball flight down a little.

I think with irons such as these I would need to do another fitting as they are already going to get the ball up into the air and you might need a shaft to bring that ball flight down a little.

exactly. I am actually preferring a heavier shaft these days so I want to try these with a PX...I think.

exactly. I am actually preferring a heavier shaft these days so I want to try these with a PX...I think.

I think that would be a great pairing. Some 5.5 pxi's would be spectacular in these I think.

Thanks for the pics G4L...can't wait to see how they perform for you!

I also can't wait to put these in my Callaway staff bag!

I think that would be a great pairing. Some 5.5 pxi's would be spectacular in these I think.

That could very well be a great combo. I hope to hit these on Friday.

OK, had a quick range session with these new beauties this afternoon. And so far, I'm really quite impressed.

1) Great distance. For example, the 49* AW in the Black set is at least as long as the 47* PW from my MCs, probably 5 yards longer. The 5 iron is a full 10 yards longer for sure, with a slightly higher, thus softer landing flight. I like this alot.
2) Very solid forgiveness. I thinned a couple and I was shocked how high the ball still got, and virtually no lost distance. I'm working on my swing (aren't we all) and I've been hitting the heel of the club a lot lately, and I saw zero (that's right absolutely zero) loss of distance on shots hit towards the heel. On the couple toe hits I got, I lost maybe 5ish yards. I couldn't be happier with the forgiveness.
3) Look and feel: I love the look of these compact little golf ball destroyers. I'm surprised how much lateral forgivess I'm finding on a head size that is about the same length as my MCs (slightly smaller than the i20s as a comparison). The black with red badge just looks sleek and mean. The sound is good too. A good solid thwack. Still think I prefer the sound of the MCs, but its not anything I can complain about. You get precise feedback too when you miss the center. Heel shots and thinned shots were readily apparent, and the one fatty I hit it was obvious what happened too.
4) Workability: These clubs would not be in Bubba's bag. While I was able to hit small draws and fades, this club wants to help you hit it straight. I was able to punch low shots though very easily with these clubs. I hit a few punch 5 irons into the wind at the range and it was really easy to flight them low.
5) Dispersion: Here's where they really shined, and here is the main reason these clubs are in my bag. They are accurate! I was hitting as many of the driving range greens with these as I ever have with the MCs, and I'm obviously still dialing these in. I'm pretty confident once I'm really comfortable with these, that I'm going to be throwing darts at greens this summer. My favorite shot was my first swing with the 5 iron. There's a green about 210 yards away, and its tiny (about 10 yards wide). I hit a heel shot that was almost a hosel rocket and the ball still flew straight. I was shocked and amazed when the ball landed pin high on the left edge of the green.

Overall, I'm very pleased with these irons and am really looking forward to see how much they are going to improve my scoring this summer.

Wow, Bret, those look absolutely awesome! Great writeup, too! Can't wait to see you flush these when we get together next! Black iron brotherhood FTW!

Good feedback dude. How are you liking the Dri-tacs?

Those Dri-Tacs look real good on those

They are some really nice irons. I was speaking to a Callaway rep last Friday about these irons. He had reallygood things to say about them. The other thing that was interesting was he said that most expected these to be some sort of blacked out players iron.

They are some really nice irons. I was speaking to a Callaway rep last Friday about these irons. He had reallygood things to say about them. The other thing that was interesting was he said that most expected these to be some sort of blacked out players iron.

TourMex approved?

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

Good feedback dude. How are you liking the Dri-tacs?

I really like the dry tacs. Soft feeling and I bet they do great in the heat. I appreciate you and others making me aware of the awesomess of the dry tracs.

Wow, Bret, those look absolutely awesome! Great writeup, too! Can't wait to see you flush these when we get together next! Black iron brotherhood FTW!
Thanks man. They do look awesome, black for the win!

Those Dri-Tacs look real good on those
I love the red in the dri tacs on these too.

These are so solid and I think a little under the radar with all the RBZ and i20 love going around.

The entire combination looks awesome G4L! I'm glad you love them dude. I imagine you mash the crap out of them! I hope they bring you some low scores buddy!

I agree the whole package sure does look good. Lots of cool golf gear between us all so we need to get some golf in soon.

The entire combination looks awesome G4L! I'm glad you love them dude. I imagine you mash the crap out of them! I hope they bring you some low scores buddy!

Thanks TC! First test in is an hour at the 9 hole golf league. I'm going to intimidate the crap out of my opponent with these little stealth bombers.

Thanks TC! First test in is an hour at the 9 hole golf league. I'm going to intimidate the crap out of my opponent with these little stealth bombers.

I bet you do as well. I'll be interested in following the wear of them my man. I love the look of the PVD finish but hate how they wear sometimes.

Those look really, really nice.

that's awesome buddy! sounds like there's a lot to like with your new set up!

OK, had a quick range session with these new beauties this afternoon. And so far, I'm really quite impressed.

1) Great distance. For example, the 49* AW in the Black set is at least as long as the 47* PW from my MCs, probably 5 yards longer. The 5 iron is a full 10 yards longer for sure, with a slightly higher, thus softer landing flight. I like this alot.
2) Very solid forgiveness. I thinned a couple and I was shocked how high the ball still got, and virtually no lost distance. I'm working on my swing (aren't we all) and I've been hitting the heel of the club a lot lately, and I saw zero (that's right absolutely zero) loss of distance on shots hit towards the heel. On the couple toe hits I got, I lost maybe 5ish yards. I couldn't be happier with the forgiveness.
3) Look and feel: I love the look of these compact little golf ball destroyers. I'm surprised how much lateral forgivess I'm finding on a head size that is about the same length as my MCs (slightly smaller than the i20s as a comparison). The black with red badge just looks sleek and mean. The sound is good too. A good solid thwack. Still think I prefer the sound of the MCs, but its not anything I can complain about. You get precise feedback too when you miss the center. Heel shots and thinned shots were readily apparent, and the one fatty I hit it was obvious what happened too.
4) Workability: These clubs would not be in Bubba's bag. While I was able to hit small draws and fades, this club wants to help you hit it straight. I was able to punch low shots though very easily with these clubs. I hit a few punch 5 irons into the wind at the range and it was really easy to flight them low.
5) Dispersion: Here's where they really shined, and here is the main reason these clubs are in my bag. They are accurate! I was hitting as many of the driving range greens with these as I ever have with the MCs, and I'm obviously still dialing these in. I'm pretty confident once I'm really comfortable with these, that I'm going to be throwing darts at greens this summer. My favorite shot was my first swing with the 5 iron. There's a green about 210 yards away, and its tiny (about 10 yards wide). I hit a heel shot that was almost a hosel rocket and the ball still flew straight. I was shocked and amazed when the ball landed pin high on the left edge of the green.

Overall, I'm very pleased with these irons and am really looking forward to see how much they are going to improve my scoring this summer.

great write up!! I am sooo excited to get these in my bag!! I am going to be throwing darts at the Morgan Cup!!

Back