910 D2 vs. Z-Star

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Could someone compare and contrast these two for me?

Specs:
Z-Star:
9˚ Loft
Miyazaki Dromos 61s in Stiff

910D2:
9.5˚ Loft
'Ahina 80 Stiff flex

Both stock length.

In terms of adjustability, forgiveness, distance, spin and the like?

I don't have the ability to compare these two in store anywhere.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Bump for insight?

Both worked really well for me. I found the Dromos to be a bit more whippy than the ahina, but then again, I had the dromos in 61s and I had the ahina in 72x. IMO, you can't go wrong either way.

Thanks for the reply Seth, I am afraid of it being whippy since the 'Ahina I was fit for last year was like swinging a 2x4 compared to my current driver shaft. Now, maybe I don't need such a stiff shaft... but I'd really rather not be swinging a spaghetti noodle (which I don't think the Dromos is).

However, I don't know how the Dromos/Z-Star combo launches in terms of height and stuff.. the D2 was a Low Launch/Low Spin combo.

I had both of these drivers for a bit. The Z-Star never worked for me. I dont know why but it never did. I just could not put a good swing on it I guess. I really liked the 910 though and I think its a great driver. Tons of shaft options too. Seems like most who hit the 910 really like it and come away impressed.

I really enjoyed the 910, but the $450 price tag is not a bonus to it in anyway. I figure even if the Z-Star is 8/10ths a 910 for me... the price savings will be worth it.

I really enjoyed the 910, but the $450 price tag is not a bonus to it in anyway. I figure even if the Z-Star is 8/10ths a 910 for me... the price savings will be worth it.

check around online, there a much lower prices floating around

Give Blind9 a call. They do special pricing for THP members. Their web site is on the banner over this thread.

Give Blind9 a call. They do special pricing for THP members. Their web site is on the banner over this thread.

I've spoken with Patty before and we worked out that the shipping and duties is enough to negate any generous savings she could give me. Having to cross a border is real bugger.

Back