Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

I just finally ground down my 60*...still have no idea why it comes standard with 12 degrees of bounce.

Hm. I'm a little perplexed after todays round. I hit my wedges absolutely amazing on Wednesday on softer, wettish lies. However, today I played off very tight, dry lies and I hit quite a few fat chip shots right around the green. Mostly with the 54*, but it was very, very frustrating. Anyone else had any issues like this?

I tried all kinds of shots and I just didn't have a lot of success.

Saw these at Dicks, 2 for $250. Serious ponder mode now.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk

Check the Bay, fyi. You can find them sometimes for right around 100$/wedge. I bought a set of 3 for that price.

It's funny how stuff like that can get to you. I have the 52 and 56 in Satin. I love this wedge. But hey, if you know getting the satin is going to help you and you have the finances, you might as well!

Its 100% between my ears.

These are such good wedges. That is all.

These are such good wedges. That is all.

Great update Hawk!

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Great update Hawk!

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. I just really don't know what else I can say at this point. They rule for just about every shot I can think up. It's really nice now that I have confidence in the full shot.

Took my 588 s out yesterday great feeling wedges.
GG14 are retired.

Anyone with the black finish have any pics of them after wear?

I found the CG15 finish to wear well, but the black finish looks like it's a different style finish.

Anyone with the black finish have any pics of them after wear?

I found the CG15 finish to wear well, but the black finish looks like it's a different style finish.

From what I can tell, it wears the same.

Took my 588 s out yesterday great feeling wedges.

I just really don't know what else I can say at this point. They rule for just about every shot I can think up. It's really nice now that I have confidence in the full shot.
I know! I had the SwEeTeSt full swing shot today. It blew me away actually. Shooting at an uphill (probably 20ft) pin from 98. Pin was very short, maybe 4 paces from the fringe, just over a bunker. I can only see the top 1/3 of the flag. Full swing. Dead at it. I "think" it clears the edge of the bunker. Climb the hill and it was 4ft away. It stopped about 1" from the mark.

I <3 my 588.

Had another amazing day with the 54 and 58*, wedge game is whats keeping me hopeful. A lot of 1 putts because of the 588's. I still hit them fat when I try to get a full hard swing but if I ease off of it a bit there on.

man greenside with my 58*, the ball flies off of the face, with the hard greens as of late, I need to re-adjust big time

From what I can tell, it wears the same.

Thanks JB. I actually like the look, so that's fine with me.

Can someone quickly brief me on high bounce/low bounce options? Thanks

I'm not sure if this explains enough.

588specchart.jpg

I think the general consensus is for firmer courses & sand, get lower bounce angles. Contrastingly, if you play fluffy sand & soft turf, get more bounce.

BG_BA_03.jpg
This is what I was thinking.. So the bounce angle is personnel preference to one's typical course conditions?

Thanks for the info guys!

Next question, when purchasing a set would one typically buy wedges with all the same bounce angles or get different bounce angles with the different degree wedges to accommodate different shots and course conditions.. Example.. In each case, I'm still assuming only three wedges of the same lie angle, the only difference being in case 1 all bounce angles are the same and in case 2 the three lie angles are the same, but say you have 2 clubs with one bounce angle, and one with another, or all three different..

Wondering what is typical

Can't seem to get this to work :(

Has anyone used a 46 wedge with a DG Spinner?

Are you guys seeing a large amount of wear on these with them being forged?

Are you guys seeing a large amount of wear on these with them being forged?

I'm not, other than bag chatter. They shouldn't wear much differently than other softer-metal wedges.

Back