2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

Love the fact that you are seeing such great results from the Q-Star. Just goes to show that a ball doesn't have to be $45/dozen to be a quality ball for a good player. I feel the exact same way regarding the xFIXx from Bridgestone.

Thanks cookie. I can generate enough spin around the green to utilize them just fine. I'm not so concerned about the price as I am having something that I love in all aspects of my round.

I can understand that. Pretty much my experience as well. The Z-Star definitely gives me a softer feel off the driver. Looking forward to your thoughts on them, buddy.

We'll find out soon dude.

Love the fact that you are seeing such great results from the Q-Star. Just goes to show that a ball doesn't have to be $45/dozen to be a quality ball for a good player. I feel the exact same way regarding the xFIXx from Bridgestone.

I used the yellow Qstar this past Saturday and loved it. I ended up losing the whole dang sleeve but I sure did enjoy them while it lasted. Actually my first few holes were with them and I scored the best on those holes too. The one thing I remember from my first trial of the Qstar was they seemed to tear up quick.

I used the yellow Qstar this past Saturday and loved it. I ended up losing the whole dang sleeve but I sure did enjoy them while it lasted. Actually my first few holes were with them and I scored the best on those holes too. The one thing I remember from my first trial of the Qstar was they seemed to tear up quick.

I noticed the same, but then again I can put a hurting on a ball depending on the day.

I wonder if that's b/c we have typically played Bstone's in the past, and those are the most durable balls on the market. We've been spoiled perhaps?

I noticed the same, but then again I can put a hurting on a ball depending on the day.

Yeah me too. Unfortunately Saturday and Sunday were rough days for me when it came to lost balls. Stupid woods.

I wonder if that's b/c we have typically played Bstone's in the past, and those are the most durable balls on the market. We've been spoiled perhaps?

Id have to agree with that Bstone balls are the most durable ball Ive used. And still good on the greens too. I dunno but Im going back for a dozen Qstars in yellow here soon.

I played 18 this weekend with the Qstar, and loved it. I did not notice a durability issue with it. I played the same ball the entire round without any issues, and really loved the feel of them.

I played 18 this weekend with the Qstar, and loved it. I did not notice a durability issue with it. I played the same ball the entire round without any issues, and really loved the feel of them.

I bought a box and after a single round I ordered 60 more last week. The always seem to want to go straight and the spin around the green is fine.

Most short irons the ball would stay with 1-2 feet of where it landed. Durability wasn't issue, in fact it was just lightly scratched after a meeting with a cart path! For the price and even performance for me, I'm quite happy with the Q-Star

Dudes, I love this ball off the tee. It just goes straighter than the XV. And it feels like I'm absolutely destroying it. I like that.

Dudes, I love this ball off the tee. It just goes straighter than the XV. And it feels like I'm absolutely destroying it. I like that.

This was the key factor for me, season's only starting for me and I'm still making some ugly swings on the ball at times and I know for a fact a few tee shots stayed out a trouble due to less spin.

This was the key factor for me, season's only starting for me and I'm still making some ugly swings on the ball at times and I know for a fact a few tee shots stayed out a trouble due to less spin.

I think you made a wise decision. How are they coming off those wedges buddy! Jeez, I miss those sometimes.

I bought a box and after a single round I ordered 60 more last week. The always seem to want to go straight and the spin around the green is fine.

Most short irons the ball would stay with 1-2 feet of where it landed. Durability wasn't issue, in fact it was just lightly scratched after a meeting with a cart path! For the price and even performance for me, I'm quite happy with the Q-Star

I do not tend to put a lot of spin on the ball, and when playing the round with my brother I hit a wedge and he says "that could be trouble" and I said "no way...chew it up" and it just stuck. These balls are awesome

I know what you are saying bro. I just feel like it compresses, and then explodes off of the face of the driver.

Well, the XV is out of the running for me. I do like it out of the fairway and around the greens but it just doesn't give me the warm and tingly's off the tee. It feels hard. I can whack it, but not further enough to justify choosing over the QStar. The ZStar is up next (thanks tnolan) so we shall see. It's down to a two ball race folks.
Interested in your thoughts on the Qstar vs the Zstar, TC. I played my first round with the Z Star this past weekend, and really liked it, but everything I have read about the Q Star says that's its quite the ball and at a heck of a price.

Interested in your thoughts on the Qstar vs the Zstar, TC. I played my first round with the Z Star this past weekend, and really liked it, but everything I have read about the Q Star says that's its quite the ball and at a heck of a price.

TC, how long until you compare the Qstar directly against the Zstar?

Anyone else done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you made a wise decision. How are they coming off those wedges buddy! Jeez, I miss those sometimes.

The Mizuno's are doing really well for the short game and very very well in the bunkers. I'm struggling a bit on full shots, but I'm thinking its early season rust. They spin really well too, not sure if it's the heads or the shafts, but I'll be sticking greens all day once I dial my distances in!

TC, how long until you compare the Qstar directly against the Zstar?

Anyone else done this?

I've done it a few rounds and here are my thoughts. The Z-Star off the tee seemed a few yards longer and felt a bit softer but the Qstar was much more accurate, especially on the not so pretty swings. Mid to long irons I'd say they both stopped quickly on the greens, Z-Star again a few yards longer, but tended to fly a little less straight. On short chips and pitches the Qstar had a bit more release but could still be controlled fairly well. Hope this helps!

Q star hands down !!!

Q star hands down !!!

:beauty::act-up:I've played the Q-star, and honestly ....I love it. I hit them longer than my usual Bridgestone 330rx. The plus is they are less $$$$$$

I've done it a few rounds and here are my thoughts. The Z-Star off the tee seemed a few yards longer and felt a bit softer but the Qstar was much more accurate, especially on the not so pretty swings. Mid to long irons I'd say they both stopped quickly on the greens, Z-Star again a few yards longer, but tended to fly a little less straight. On short chips and pitches the Qstar had a bit more release but could still be controlled fairly well. Hope this helps!

It does! Thanks Icamrtn! Sounds like the Zstar is overall a little more skinny, both sideways and around the green.

I've tested all the 2012 balls on the course, including the Q-Star vs Z-Star. I really can't say that I've noticed a big difference in terms of straightness. Both go sideways if I put that swing on them. They feel pretty similar off the driver and I don't know if either is much longer than the other. Biggest difference I've seen is on wedge shots, especially mid-range pitches.

I've tested all the 2012 balls on the course, including the Q-Star vs Z-Star. I really can't say that I've noticed a big difference in terms of straightness. Both go sideways if I put that swing on them. They feel pretty similar off the driver and I don't know if either is much longer than the other. Biggest difference I've seen is on wedge shots, especially mid-range pitches.

Less spin with the Qstar? Did you find this difference to be detrimental to SuperHawks game?

Less spin with the Qstar? Did you find this difference to be detrimental to SuperHawks game?

I can adjust either way, but I do like to be able to stop the ball faster with pitch shots at my course. We have enough slope and tiers on our greens that I do appreciate having the extra spin.

I can adjust either way, but I do like to be able to stop the ball faster with pitch shots at my course. We have enough slope and tiers on our greens that I do appreciate having the extra spin.
Have you decided which will be your ball for the MC? Or did I just completely skim that?

I am sending tnolan some xv's today. I'll be keen to see what he thinks. It's a damn good ball, but I just do not care for it off the tee.

Have you decided which will be your ball for the MC? Or did I just completely skim that?

I'm set on the the Z-Star. Actually just bought another dozen last night in yellow and got a free towel.

I'm set on the the Z-Star. Actually just bought another dozen last night in yellow and got a free towel.
I bought a dozen in yellow the other day and Golfsmith were out of the towels. Bunch of liars they are, they probably have it in the back next to my Mashie F3 Headcover.

That's lame.

Back