Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with a pair of Puma Romas for this reason, but after looking at the Sambas some more, I think I may go ahead and pick up a pair of the blue ones. I love the Romas, but Sambas are Sambas.

Hmmm, I don't have them on hand, but I'll try to let you know Friday night or Saturday.

Thanks guys. I still might pick up a pair just because.

The Nome comes with a a mid size Winn on it so I left it alone. May end up putting the Winn Jumbo on it though.

Good timing Kmac. I'm pondering picking up a jumbo Winn for the father-in-law to try. Is there quite a bit of difference between the stock midsize and the jumbo?

Good timing Kmac. I'm pondering picking up a jumbo Winn for the father-in-law to try. Is there quite a bit of difference between the stock midsize and the jumbo?

Yes. The Jumbo is much larger. But if he or you or whoever has trouble with the hands while putting the Jumbo is awesome for keeping them quite.

Yes. The Jumbo is much larger. But if he or you or whoever has trouble with the hands while putting the Jumbo is awesome for keeping them quite.

That's exactly why I want to grab one for him. If he's got a fault, it's to 'flick' his hands a little through the stroke....so I'm off to pick one up now. You'd recommend the Winn yeah?

That's exactly why I want to grab one for him. If he's got a fault, it's to 'flick' his hands a little through the stroke....so I'm off to pick one up now. You'd recommend the Winn yeah?

Yep the Winn Jumbo Lite. Comes in a few cool colors to match the putter too. Definitely helps with the handsy stuff.

I went from a midsize Winn to the Jumbo Lite and I've noticed that my hands are much more quiet as well

I went from a midsize Winn to the Jumbo Lite and I've noticed that my hands are much more quiet as well

Have you noticed it helping Hanks? I think it helped me avoid pulling my putts left but I'll be able to tell for sure now that I have the Nome with its midsize grip. If I start missing left or getting handsy I'll put the Jumbo on it.

Yep the Winn Jumbo Lite. Comes in a few cool colors to match the putter too. Definitely helps with the handsy stuff.

Most excellent, I'll get right on it.

While I'm on it, I'll ponder buying myself a birthday gift too. It's only fair.

totally. after we found that in GG and rolled that used putter with that jumbo grip on it I put one on my SeeMore. When I would get lazy or lose focus I'd tend to flick the putter a bit, especially on long putts. this seems to keep my hands quieter and in a way makes me feel more connected as well. My miss on the putter used to be out on the toe because I'd pull through my arc a bit but now I'm more straight back and through if not then a slight arc. at least according to the iPING app

Have you noticed it helping Hanks? I think it helped me avoid pulling my putts left but I'll be able to tell for sure now that I have the Nome with its midsize grip. If I start missing left or getting handsy I'll put the Jumbo on it.

Most excellent, I'll get right on it.

While I'm on it, I'll ponder buying myself a birthday gift too. It's only fair.

Fybrid FTW!

Fybrid FTW!

That's more of a requirement than a treat, no? :D

I'm actually pondering an old putter, unlike me. TP Mills, Spalding TPM4. I like the look of it and I'm toying around with getting it and restoring it.

totally. after we found that in GG and rolled that used putter with that jumbo grip on it I put one on my SeeMore. When I would get lazy or lose focus I'd tend to flick the putter a bit, especially on long putts. this seems to keep my hands quieter and in a way makes me feel more connected as well. My miss on the putter used to be out on the toe because I'd pull through my arc a bit but now I'm more straight back and through if not then a slight arc. at least according to the iPING app

I'll be interested to see if my putting suffers any going back to a midsize. Even though I didnt putt all that well the last two rounds anyway.

That's more of a requirement than a treat, no? :D

I'm actually pondering an old putter, unlike me. TP Mills, Spalding TPM4. I like the look of it and I'm toying around with getting it and restoring it.

That doesn't sound like something one does for themselves on their birthday. There's no instant gratification there.

I'll be interested to see if my putting suffers any going back to a midsize. Even though I didnt putt all that well the last two rounds anyway.

Fat grips. I don't get it.

That doesn't sound like something one does for themselves on their birthday. There's no instant gratification there.

Ah darnit. Ok, I'll get something else too!

Fat grips. I don't get it.

Try it before you knock it. Putter snob.

LOL, don't be so sensitive about your "i'm a bad putter" grips.

Remember when you used to only roll with anser style putters? Whats that? The Mallet made you a better putter. Stop fighting it and embrace the natural evolution of your putter.

1_9_18.jpg

Flak Jackets with G30 lenses

I have used this combo for over 4 years now. The G30 is the perfect tint for outdoor sports. Unless you are playing in the desert and there is not a cloud in the sky, they are plenty dark enough -- and they have enough contrast that you can wear them in the woods, or while clouds are gathering, and you can still see. They are so comfy I actually forget that I have them on sometimes. I usually take them off to putt (not necessary, but its something I do), and this weekend I couldn't find the glasses when I was leaving a green. They were on my nose.

My only complaint is the lenses scratch way too easily. Seems like just a stiff breeze will result in scratches. I am on my third pair of lenses.

Kind of a funny story: When I bought these I told the Oakley sales guy that was looking for interchangeable lenses that I could use for both golf and mountain biking. He told me the G30 was all I would need, but of course I didn't believe him. First, I knew I needed clear lenses for night riding, so that was a must. Then, I just didn't think the G30 was dark enough for really sunny days, so I also got the VR28s, and then I wanted some really dark shades for golf or just tooling around on a sunny day, so I also got Black Iridium Polarized lenses. Yeah, I dropped way more coin than I wanted.

It took me about 3 weeks to figure out the guy was right, and all I really needed was the G30s. I don't use the Black Iridium Polarized, because I really only use the Flak Jackets for sports. The VR28s are great for really sunny days -- and I sometimes still use them for golf -- but if you run into cloud cover or heavy shadows they are too dark. I can't use them for cycling, because you will be riding along and suddenly cannot see very well. I don't even use the clear lenses. I won a pair of cycling glasses with clear lenses, and I found it is just easier to use those glasses when I ride at night instead of swapping out the lenses on my Oakleys.

Dammit. They have the Nome in the SBST and it blows the 7 out of the water.

Tapatalk

Tapatalk

Frank what's different on the SBST Nome versus the slight arc one?

Bend is a little higher on shaft w straight

Tapatalk

Tapatalk
Stick with the plan, Frank. We decided on the Metal X #7.

I don't know WE. I don't know

Tapatalk

Have a competition frank and go with the winner. I was rolling the Nome last night. And really well too. Plus I want to see what headcover they give you.

I don't know WE. I don't know

Tapatalk
Frank, we've been talking about the Metal X all week. The #7 is calling out to you.

Have a competition frank and go with the winner. I was rolling the Nome last night. And really well too. Plus I want to see what headcover they give you.
Quit being such a Nomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back