Anyone ave experience with clone irons?

Flintstone

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in the market for a new set of irons. I've been looking online at a lot of different place and came across www.diamondtour.com and the prices seem too good to be true. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company or clone clubs in general.

I would say there's a distinct difference between clones and components and would stay away from the former. Don't know about diamond but I think wishon, hireko, and valuegolf are respected places to get component clubs.

My first set was a set of giga golf irons. They were good. However I would never do that again. NOBODY wants a set of used clones and it just didn't seem right for me having them. I would rather by a set of used "name brand" irons over a new set of clones. jmo.

I'm in the market for a new set of irons. I've been looking online at a lot of different place and came across www.diamondtour.com and the prices seem too good to be true. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company or clone clubs in general.

Prices too good to be true are nine times out of ten. With so many options today to purchase better built OEM clubs, why roll the dice. Lots of great deals out there on pre-owned clubs if price is an issue.

I would say there's a distinct difference between clones and components and would stay away from the former. Don't know about diamond but I think wishon, hireko, and valuegolf are respected places to get component clubs.

Very true. Clones and component clubs are very different things.

I would think you get what you pay for.. Depends what you want and your budget. Best of luck finding some clubs.

Coolbreeze is building component clubs right now that are similar to the Razr X Tours.

Coolbreeze is building component clubs right now that are similar to the Razr X Tours.
Indeed I am, but to this point I have no idea how good they will be, but I can say that a lot of "component"clubs are very good. Clones I would try and stay away from.

Indeed I am, but to this point I have no idea how good they will be, but I can say that a lot of "component"clubs are very good. Clones I would try and stay away from.

This. I played Snake Eyes wedges for a season and really liked them. Component clubs like Acer, Wishon and the like are quality products IMO and they're rather affordable, however resale on these clubs is next to zero.

I played a set of Dynacraft irons up until last spring. Now they are sitting in the corner since I don't know what to do with them. You can find Wilson Staff ci9, Adams a7, Burner 1.0 for under $300. All of these would probably be better than the "good" price you found. I looked at sets at Diamondtour and was tempted but went the OEM route for my current bags.

I guess with the good deals you can get on slightly used real clubs I don`t see the point in getting clones.

I guess with the good deals you can get on slightly used real clubs I don`t see the point in getting clones.
There isn't, but component clubs are a different animal. I'm really looking forward to both building and playing the component clubs I have coming.

I think Yorkem played some clones for years. He hit them very well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've seen good and bad results with knockoffs. A buddy of mine has a knockoff five wood that he just can't take out of his bag, because he hits it so well. Others fall apart after six months. Manufacturing tolerances for lookalike manufacturers are nowhere near name brands or reputable component makers.

At best, it's a crapshoot. And you're likely to end up with crap.

Enough posters have said it... go used.

I think Yorkem played some clones for years. He hit them very well

That doesn't sound right, he doesn't hit OEM irons well.

There isn't, but component clubs are a different animal. I'm really looking forward to both building and playing the component clubs I have coming.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully I'll be gaming some Wishon equipment soon.

I was trying to be nice

Gotcha.....

Dude, I heard Yorkem used to CRUSH some component irons in the 80's.

I just spent about 30 seconds on that site. Those Turner irons look sweet. :bulgy-eyes:

He smashed them in his parachute pants and Roos

Our you can try the Turner Flanta putter...
inazonescorpion_back_1.jpg

Man do I want some Grand Hawk irons

These ones
grandhawkxrblackironback_1.jpg

LOL at True Speed

turnerwhiteoffsetfairway_back_3.jpg

I like the T13...
turnert13driver_back_1.jpg

Its like someone asked me to draw an R11 with crayons

And, "Turner" hah!

Back