Do you prefer to walk or ride?

I enjoy walking a course if it's walkable but a lot around here just don't let you. So I ride. It's easier to smoke while riding.

I agree about the smoking part. Walking and smoking is too counter productive. That being said I ride 100% of the time!

This right here. I never bought this reason before but after walking most of my rounds last year and this year I'm fully on board. Plus with walking I've got a bit more time between shots to fume and thus not be quite as annoyed when I get to my ball in the trees.

Maybe it's just the courses I've played there but it seems like Victoria has a lot of courses where walking is the exception even if you're allowed to. The culture seems to be for riding over walking unless your playing somewhere like Ardmore.
Well I would say thats the case at Highland Pacific (where carts are encouraged) and Bear Mountain where there is no walking, but at every other course in the area I would say there are far more walkers than riders. Remember there are a lot of old people here.

I dont mind walking but I prefer riding because Im usually pressed for time.

I dont mind walking but I prefer riding because Im usually pressed for time.

Don't you know four serious walkers playing ready golf play faster than two carts? Seriously.

Kevin

I like to walk myself. Only time I take a cart is if I go home to my parents and play with my old buddies from high school because they own carts.

I like walking as long as it isn't a real long walk between the tee boxes

walk. but if i have my kid with me, ride.

Walking cuts into my lying around time. Plus, I prefer to play 18 holes in about an hour, and it would take me about 2 to walk.

18 in an hour? Is your club like the deadest spot around and do you like to rush? That's some fast play...

Personally, I carry my bag for 9 holes and use a push cart for 18+. I only ride if I'm feeling really lazy, have like 54 holes in the day planned, or am in an outing w/ carts.

It makes me upset when its cart path only, wtc is that?

Soft, rain-drenched fairways can get torn up by carts...

Love to walk courses. I don't hate riding, but I would prefer to walk courses.

Smalls, what do you really need to bring with you besides some balls, a few tees, and a ball marker?

That is crazy talk right there. What you need and what you want are two different things of course. My staff bag is PACKED with goodness. :D
Exactly. I bring more crap than I need to.

When it's cart path only, it means you are only supposed to drive on the cart paths.

Not if you drive with care like I do.

Those careless drivers are the same people who don't repair their divots and pitch marks. They are everywhere!

If you cant leave the cart path the course shouldn't be open.

Walking, especially if it is a nice course with caddies...plus given that I do not have a driver's license yet I really don't have much of a choice

Tappin!

If you cant leave the cart path the course shouldn't be open.

Unless they provide us with some sort of floatation device...

Depends on the day/course but I like either. But I'll choose riding over walking if I must

Don't you know four serious walkers playing ready golf play faster than two carts? Seriously.

Kevin

I know from personal experience that that is 100% true from my rounds with golf team buddies. Here are four walkers waiting every hole for the slow men in carts ahead. Drives me crazy!

Tappin!

I know from personal experience that that is 100% true from my rounds with golf team buddies. Here are four walkers making every hole backed up and slow because they dont play ready golf while the smugly walk. Drives me crazy!

Tappin!

... lol so true dude.

I get enough walking at work. Riding only for me.

That is crazy talk right there. What you need and what you want are two different things of course. My staff bag is PACKED with goodness. :D

Now I have this picture in my head of JB skipping around the golf course throwing out THP swag like a deranged Easter Bunny.

I prefer to walk, but i understand on the larger busy courses u must ride.

I prefer walking, a nice cart is just one more cool piece of equipment, sadly most of my golf buddies would keel over by the 4th or 5th holes of walking.

I can't walk the courses anymore but when we lived in Houston I used to walk all the time. There is a timing to it you can't get when riding.

Back