Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

A few quick measurements before I get on the plane to Dallas.

4 iron: 3" heel to toe at the sole, 1/2" sole depth
7 iron: 3" heel to toe at the sole, 5/8" sole depth
PW: 3" heel to toe at the sole, 3/4" sole depth

Very raw measurements here guys, but close. I hadn't had them out since Sunday and forgot how beautiful they are. As others have said recently, the 588 CB's are a great blend of players iron looks, but just big enough to not intimidate. My partner just received his MB's, and wow are they pretty, but man they are small.

Thanks Tomahawk.

There's a little difference between these and my Deep Reds, but not much. Going to have to try and hit these next time I'm in Golf Town.

Have you thought about maybe a 6-PW set, then maybe rocking some hybo's at the top of the bag?

This what I'm considering (6-PW) for my next setup. I'm still using my TA3 and my 3,4,5 are still brand new. I've been pondering these since I first read about them and will definitely have to try them to see how they compare to my TA3's. Its been hard avoiding them, but it will take a lot to replace my TA3. Mizuno MP60, MP38 came close but didn't see that much difference in dispersion.

All I have to say, you guys are really convincing me :D

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

This what I'm considering (6-PW) for my next setup. I'm still using my TA3 and my 3,4,5 are still brand new. I've been pondering these since I first read about them and will definitely have to try them to see how they compare to my TA3's. Its been hard avoiding them, but it will take a lot to replace my TA3. Mizuno MP60, MP38 came close but didn't see that much difference in dispersion.

All I have to say, you guys are really convincing me :D

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

That's what we do well here. Have you seen these irons in person yet?

I have a video from the past weekend at Tour 18 in Dallas using the 588 CB 9 iron from 140 yards. This is at the 17th hole (Augusta #12), such a thin green to land on. I hit it just a tad thin and it landed on the back of the green and rolled out barely onto the fringe with a baby draw. Forgive my buddies commentary...

Looks like a fun course. I want these so bad I can taste them.

Love it dude! I want them too. More than Hawk.

Love it dude! I want them too. More than Hawk.

Well dang. It looks like I might actually hit them at a demo day on Saturday. Hoping for some shaft options to be available.

Looks great tomahawk, I bet that course was blast to play. Nice shot with the 9 iron bro.

Well dang. It looks like I might actually hit them at a demo day on Saturday. Hoping for some shaft options to be available.
Great news man. Hope they have at least one shaft option other than the TT. I really think you are going to be blown away by these!

Had another date with these beauties today, lord have mercy they are hard to resist. 6 iron average was 78 mph and 160 yards, dispersion was a wee bit large but no worse than my current set. Length is one club shorter but I feel confident a proper fit would narrow that gap.

--
Tapatalk2

Had another date with these beauties today, lord have mercy they are hard to resist. 6 iron average was 78 mph and 160 yards, dispersion was a wee bit large but no worse than my current set. Length is one club shorter but I feel confident a proper fit would narrow that gap.

--
Tapatalk2

I can hear the gears grinding in your head from the Smoky Mountains bro. I'm loving that these have you pondering. I want to hit them so bad it's stupid.

Hey guys

Currently playing Macgregor MT Pro-C. How does Cleveland 588CB compare to Macgregor MT Pro-C in terms of forgiveness? Which set has smaller heel-toe length (headsize)?

Hey guys

Currently playing Macgregor MT Pro-C. How does Cleveland 588CB compare to Macgregor MT Pro-C in terms of forgiveness? Which set has smaller heel-toe length (headsize)?

The measurements are on the top of this page.

Only three days before I tear these up at a demo day. I cannot wait.

Only three days before I tear these up at a demo day. I cannot wait.

I hope you like what you see from them sir hawk

Absolutely can't wait to hear your thoughts hawk. So excited for you. We have been discussing these for months! I love that I have them, but want you all to have yours too!

I'm pumped guys! I really just can't wait to see them in person.

Hawk I think you are going to love them.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I really hope you like them Hawk. I'm excited for you!

I think they are offering fittings so maybe I will have some shaft options.

Sent via Tapatalk

Sent via Tapatalk

Oh snap! It just got real. I'm insanely jealous bro.

Sent via Tapatalk
Sweeeeeeeeet!

Fingers are crossed that they do. Like I said I just want to see them. I have an image in my head but need confirmation.

Sent via Tapatalk

Fingers are crossed that they do. Like I said I just want to see them. I have an image in my head but need confirmation.

Sent via Tapatalk
I have little doubt they will live up to all expectations and probably surpass them in the looks department. Then you are going to hit them! :)

Back