Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

The most underrated club of last year, imo

And this year too.

I'm glad chunky got his order in. I'm glad it gets old deano's approval. That's all that matters, LOL

I think he massively chickened out though. And will continue to think that. I reckon anyone coming from Pro Combo's would hit the XF's just great too.

Nice orders boys. Surprised that we see a couple sets of Razr X Forged and even some MBs thrown in, I love it. I too am surprised that nobody went with the Razr X Tours, they're a great iron but it's obvious you all went with what you know will work so what the hell do I know? I can't wait to see these when they hit doorsteps and golf courses for you guys.

lol my approval isn't what matters. It's all about Yorkem's approval

So no one went with the Razr X Tours? Interesting.

Mind bottling. I guess our feedback sucked.

if there had been a hint of hype about them last year then I think some may have

I really wanted to, but it really came down to numbers, when I got fit I just hit the Blacks better...in the end it came down to the RXT's and the Blacks, and I had a much better dispersion pattern and hit the blacks slightly further tha than the RXT's.

lol my approval isn't what matters. It's all about Yorkem's approval

I wonder if Yorkem will let chunky out to play with us on the forum today. I want to make fun of his massive honkers some more.

So no one went with the Razr X Tours? Interesting.

Mind bottling. I guess our feedback sucked.

if there had been a hint of hype about them last year then I think some may have

I think you all did such a great job of pumping up these irons last year that to do it again would be somewhat silly. Lets get some talk out there about the other great Callaway offerings.

I really wanted to, but it really came down to numbers, when I got fit I just hit the Blacks better...in the end it came down to the RXT's and the Blacks, and I had a much better dispersion pattern and hit the blacks slightly further tha than the RXT's.

I hit them as well. I did like them, but hit the forged and the MB's better. Actually, I really liked every iron I hit from Callaway when I got fit.

I think you all did such a great job of pumping up these irons last year that to do it again would be somewhat silly. Lets get some talk out there about the other great Callaway offerings.

Its not really about pumping them up as much that Im surprised nobody was fit into these irons. Specially people playing something very very similar in their current bags.

Its not really about pumping them up as much that Im surprised nobody was fit into these irons. Specially people playing something very very similar in their current bags.
I know buddy, I really liked those irons but for me, this was my chance to play a set of irons that I've wanted to play for over a year now, and I couldn't pass that up.

I know buddy, I really liked those irons but for me, this was my chance to play a set of irons that I've wanted to play for over a year now, and I couldn't pass that up.

Dont blame you one bit dude. My first box that came from Callaway last year had a set of Razr X Forged irons in it and I still wish I would have just kept them. I looked at them everyday while waiting for my thumb to heal trying to decide if I was keeping them or not.

Dont blame you one bit dude. My first box that came from Callaway last year had a set of Razr X Forged irons in it and I still wish I would have just kept them. I looked at them everyday while waiting for my thumb to heal trying to decide if I was keeping them or not.
I did not know that, that would have been hard to send back.

Nice Jedi mind trick attempt there Breezy :starwars:

I did not know that, that would have been hard to send back.

Sure was and they were built like the RXT's were just in the X Forged head.

great order Chunks....we're going to have a blast hitting these XF's all over the place

Slept on it. Decided my best golf was played with Callaway SGI irons Order is in

Razr XF-5-GW
Swingweight of D2 if possible
KBS Tours Stiff softstepped once(Go out on a limb and I know they will say no but can't hurt to ask Custom White Pearl finish pretty please)
Loft: Standard
Lie angle: -1*(that is negative 1)
Length: -1"(that is negative 1)
Grips: Lamkin NDur blue/white
Righthanded

Hybrids:
Razr XF hybrids
21 & 24
Shaft: Fubuki Ax H350 70 Stiff
Length: -.50"(That is negative)
Lie: -1*(That is negative)
Grips: Lamkin NDur Blue/White
Right handed

Here is what I went with:

Iron Selection: RAZR X Irons
Loft: 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW (All standard)
Lie: Standard
Length: -1/2"
Shaft Selection: Callaway Golf Graphite
Shaft Flex: Regular
Grip Choice: New Decade Multi Compound (Sky Blue-Black)
Dexterity: Right handed

Hybrid Selection: RAZR X Hybrids
Loft: 4H, 5H (All standard)
Length: -3/4"
Shaft Selection: Mitsubishi Fubaki ax h350 70
Grip Choice: New Decade Multi Compound (Green-Black)

nice order smalls! What made you decide on the graphite shafts?

Cool order Smalls. Get in there irons coming our way soon

And this year too.

I'm glad chunky got his order in. I'm glad it gets old deano's approval. That's all that matters, LOL

I think he massively chickened out though. And will continue to think that. I reckon anyone coming from Pro Combo's would hit the XF's just great too.

No offense, but I find this pretty rude. You have been preaching for months about who cares what someone else is playing. I guess you might think I massively chicken out too if I get different irons than the players ones you clearly approve of. I guess I am just less of a player than some in the Morgan Cup. Some day I hope my skill level is good enough for others approval despite what clubs I am playing.

A whole lot of irony here though.

I see you went with the same shafts as me for the hybrids....I think we're really going to like them in the X's

Here is what I went with:

Iron Selection: RAZR X Irons
Loft: 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW (All standard)
Length: -1/2"
Shaft Selection: Callaway Golf Graphite
Grip Choice: New Decade Multi Compound (Sky Blue-Black)

Hybrid Selection: RAZR X Hybrids
Loft: 4H, 5H (All standard)
Length: -3/4"
Shaft Selection: Mitsubishi Fubaki ax h350 70
Grip Choice: New Decade Multi Compound (Green-Black)

nice order smalls! What made you decide on the graphite shafts?

It's what I was fit for. I showed him the list of our choices today and he still thought the graphite was best.

Nice orders guys! I love the diverse sets that will be put in play.

Those were my exact thoughts. In fact the RXT's might have been the perfect iron for me but I wanted to give a review to another product. You guys killed it with the RXT's last year

I like it chunky. You will like them man. Plus, you will have confidence in them. Thats all that matters. Have you ever gamed the Lamkin NDur grips?

I have not. Quite honestly I looked at CB's order and thought I would try them

I wonder if Yorkem will let chunky out to play with us on the forum today. I want to make fun of his massive honkers some more.

Bring it big fella. I can't wait to get these beauties in. I'm going to devastate some WNC courses

Kmac, I thought about throwing the Nippon shafts I have been playing on the RX Tours, but in the end I went with what I feel the most confidence with, and that was the X Forged. For some reason after playing with my Diablo Forged for a while, and then being able to test out the J40 irons, I just noticed that when I was hitting the J40's I just felt more confidence standing over a smaller profile with a thin topline. It really came down to putting the Nippons on the X Tour and hoping the flight would come down a little from what I see with the Diablos, or going with the X Forged with the PX 5.5 that I really loved when I was hitting them on the J40's. It was a very tough decision, but in the end I just really liked the look of the X Forged better, and while I have heard great things about the sole of the X Tour, it just didn't look as versitile to me as a smaller sole. I think either club would have been a winner for me, but ultimately I'll be honest and just say that I absolutely LOVE the look of the X Forged and that swayed my decision as well.

Back