MC73

Reaction score
Handicap
Good afternoon to you all from sunny but cold Scotland.

I will be in Orlando in 3 weeks and keen to find out current condiction of courses I plan to play.

Grand Cypress
Waldorf Astoria
Panther Lake
Shingle Creek
Southern Dunes

Will definately look at playing these (providing I aint play mental $$$$)

What condition do we have out there in terms of courses being wet/dry etc.

Thanks guys.

MC

I played Grand Cypress last Friday, and the course is in great shape and a lot of fun. I think there will be quite a few folks from THP over that way in about 3 weeks as well!

I have played Waldorf Astoria, and it is one of my favorite Orlando courses. It's a "resort" type of course but it is quite challenging.

The Waldorf is beautiful. My wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon and I couldn't pass up the chance to play it on somebody else's dime. My wife's uncle put us up for three nights with golf & spa at the hotel, and then let us use his beach house in Cocoa Beach for the rest of the week.

The Waldorf is a great course. I have played it a couple times and always find it fun and challenging. I also like the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes but waldorf is fantastic.

TapAhoy!

I played Grand Cypress last Friday, and the course is in great shape and a lot of fun. I think there will be quite a few folks from THP over that way in about 3 weeks as well!

I have played Waldorf Astoria, and it is one of my favorite Orlando courses. It's a "resort" type of course but it is quite challenging.

They THP guys are there just before I arrive unfortunately, would have great to get involved in the day

Good afternoon to you all from sunny but cold Scotland.

I will be in Orlando in 3 weeks and keen to find out current condiction of courses I plan to play.

Grand Cypress
Waldorf Astoria
Panther Lake
Shingle Creek
Southern Dunes

Will definately look at playing these (providing I aint play mental $$$$)

What condition do we have out there in terms of courses being wet/dry etc.

Thanks guys.

MC

When you arrive grand cypress will be in tip top shape. The Waldorf is in great shape right now and I don't expect anything less. Panther lake and crooked cat are always in top form. Shingle creek is a well maintained course but bottom of my list of the courses you mentioned. Now southern dunes is one of my favorite courses in the central Florida area and should be in top form when you arrive.
All of the courses drain well but there are only three days of rain forecasted for Orlando over the next three weeks. Hope this helps and enjoy

When you arrive grand cypress will be in tip top shape. The Waldorf is in great shape right now and I don't expect anything less. Panther lake and crooked cat are always in top form. Shingle creek is a well maintained course but bottom of my list of the courses you mentioned. Now southern dunes is one of my favorite courses in the central Florida area and should be in top form when you arrive.
All of the courses drain well but there are only three days of rain forecasted for Orlando over the next three weeks. Hope this helps and enjoy

Wow, that's what I'm looking for, can't wake. We rarely get 3 dry days in Scotland in spring months never mind 3 days with rain.

I'm looking at options and will play all courses mentioned but always open to suggestions from you guys in the know.

I played Grand Cypress last Friday as well...First time I've played it and really enjoyed it. Like you said - Great shape.

Anyone played Grande Pines lately? If so how is it looking, played it last July, condition was great other than being a bit wet.

I was recently in Orlando. We stayed at the Orlando World Marriott and played Hawk's Landing. I thought it was a good course in decent shape with some scenic holes.

Anyone played Grande Pines lately? If so how is it looking, played it last July, condition was great other than being a bit wet.

In late February, I played both Shingle Creek and Grande Pines. Shingle Creek was very nice and in the $130 range. I had a very bad round that day...nothing to do with the course but it was a total waste of money for me. Grande Pines was (as I recall) in the $80 range and was almost as nice...a little easier too. I would definitely play GP again and probably will when I go back next winter.

Grand pines is a very tight short course that is a little over priced for the area. Same holds true for hawks landing.
Prices have dropped at all courses in the area

I play it regularly. The greens were just punched about a week ago, but as of last Sunday they were in decent shape. Still rolled fairly true and quite smooth. Fairways and tee boxes are in very good condition. Right now, the ryegrass overseed is dying out and the bermuda is coming back, so the rough is very benign. Tadashi is right, the rates have dropped.

The Waldorf is a great course. I have played it a couple times and always find it fun and challenging. I also like the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes but waldorf is fantastic.

TapAhoy!

Our regular group is set to play The Waldorf the 26th. It will be my first trip around that course and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the input guys, anyone care to recommend any gems not listed already?

Thanks for the input guys, anyone care to recommend any gems not listed already?

Falcons fire has new greens, Championsgate had 36 great holes. These are both are in the same area you are looking

A couple less expensive options that haven't been mentioned Celebration and Windemere CC. Was in Orlando beginning of March and really enjoyed both of these courses and were reasonably priced. Have a good time and check out a Brazilian steak house it is great stuff!

anyone care to recommend any gems not listed already?

Waldorf Astoria and Panther Lake are great courses, but I have to say that Southern Dunes is the best value course I have played in the Orlando area. The elevation changes make it stand out from most of the others. I also love Disney's Osprey Ridge and the Watson course at Reunion. I have played Celebration, Falcon's Fire, Grande Lakes, Shingle Creek and most of the other Disney courses and while they are all nice I find them a bit flat, both literally and metaphorically. If you get the chance, drive up to World Woods and play Pine Barrens, it's sensational!

Falcons fire has new greens, Championsgate had 36 great holes. These are both are in the same area you are looking

Really?? When we're they done? I played last year and fancy it again because the course suffered major rainfall the day before I played so it wasn't at its best.

A couple less expensive options that haven't been mentioned Celebration and Windemere CC. Was in Orlando beginning of March and really enjoyed both of these courses and were reasonably priced. Have a good time and check out a Brazilian steak house it is great stuff!

These courses are not expensive, $50 range. Fogo de Cho on Idrive will be a great place for Brazillan style food

A course just a little outside of Orlando that I love is Bella Collina. It's unlike anything else you will find in the area. It's very challenging, and alot of fun.

Check out golfnow for tee times.

A course just a little outside of Orlando that I love is Bella Collina. It's unlike anything else you will find in the area. It's very challenging, and alot of fun.

Check out golfnow for tee times.

I will do, thanks for thar

Guys, does the Waldorf Astoria ever discount? I can't find anything and I'm not looking to pay $125 for a round there.

Back