Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of shape is it in? Be honest.

I think it's in really good shape. I'm careful about my clubs and it's only about 8 months old. It has a few marks on the sole that I think I may be able to get off. None on the crown, and the face is clean too.

I think it's in really good shape. I'm careful about my clubs and it's only about 8 months old. It has a few marks on the sole that I think I may be able to get off. None on the crown, and the face is clean too.

Want to do a swaparoo?

Want to do a swaparoo?

Hmmmm. I think so. You mind waiting a little until I can get my new 5 wood so I can see how I hit that? I think a 3 and 5 wood setup will be good for me since I dropped a wedge.

Hmmmm. I think so. You mind waiting a little until I can get my new 5 wood so I can see how I hit that? I think a 3 and 5 wood setup will be good for me since I dropped a wedge.

Not at all, that is if they don't sell first. Just keep me posted.

Not at all, that is if they don't sell first. Just keep me posted.

That sounds awesome. Thanks dude.

Putter ponder has me in full melt down. Visited my club fitter, and I'm not sold on using a 33.5" shaft. I'm going to buy a 34", and maybe experiment with choking down on it a little, then I later I can cut it down 1/2" if that seems like it will work. At 34", my preferred lie angle is 69*, goes slightly steeper at 33.5".

I rolled a lot of putters today, and the good news is I don't think I can go wrong with any of my finalists. They are all excellent putters and its really just a question of personal taste rather than which one I putt better with. I just want to make sure I have no second guesses after I make my purchase...and I'm also notoriously cheap, so even though this is a present to myself I would like to get a good deal.

I think I eliminated the pre-owned Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2. Its a shame, because if I had to choose which putter I think I rolled most consistently straight, it would be this one. The face has a couple of minor gouges in it that are truly only cosmetic, yet they are still asking $159 for it which is just too much for a blemished putter.

High on my list right now is a pre-owned Ping Anser milled putter, orange dot. Fits me perfect, and I rolled it side-by-side with the Scameron and they were very similar. $215 for it, and it has no blemishes. The only problem is I prefer the Anser 3 model.

I could buy an Anser 3 milled, I just have to order it. So far, 34" orange dot seems to be the right fit.

Rolled the Bettinardi BB8 again, and while I still really like it, I wasn't totally in love with it like I was a few days ago. Not significantly different from the Ping and Scameron I was already rolling.

But, I was at a different PGA SS today, and this one not only had the BB series of Bettinardi putters, but also a couple of Studio Stock 5s. OMG....how can this be so much softer and responsive than the BB8? They did not have my size - just a couple of 35" shafts - but I couldn't miss a put even with a putter that didn't fit. It was crazy good.

I decided not to order right then and there, but just come back home and think things over. Ping Anser, Anser 3, or SS5....no matter which one I buy I better hide the receipt from my wife!

Oooh, and I guess I need to add Jman's Lajosi to the ponder list. Big disadvantage for the Lajosi, since I can't roll it before buying it, but it has the advantage of coming without a receipt!:good:

Oooh, and I guess I need to add Jman's Lajosi to the ponder list. Big disadvantage for the Lajosi, since I can't roll it before buying it, but it has the advantage of coming without a receipt!:good:

And its one of a kind, and its beautiful, and it rolls the heck out of the rock, and its not a scooty. A true boutique putter sir!

Not that I'm pulling for you or anything....LOL!

And its one of a kind, and its beautiful, and it rolls the heck out of the rock, and its not a scooty. A true boutique putter sir!

Not that I'm pulling for you or anything....LOL!
LMAO @ "it's not a scooty" haha

I need another putter also. There is no way I'm the reason I suck at putting, it's gotta be the equipment

Taylormade Raylor C02 JDM putter.
Hit that thing last night and I really quite like it. It's probably the first with the True Roll face that I liked both the feel and results in. Crazy looking putter though.

Kevin: Hit me up if you want one of those TM JDM putters for your collection. A fresh batch has just come in and they're fairly affordable.

Never heard of the No1 before...

Yeah. We get a share of the Japanese market over here. They seem to be really good grips. They are kind of like tour velvets but the texture is rougher while the rubber itself is softer. And in cooler colors. Imagine a Premio grip...if they'd got it right.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Yeah. We get a share of the Japanese market over here. They seem to be really good grips. They are kind of like tour velvets but the texture is rougher while the rubber itself is softer. And in cooler colors. Imagine a Premio grip...if they'd got it right.

What do they cost Colt?

What do they cost Colt?

About iomic range back when I checked TC...been a while though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love those grips. Want a full set of different colors

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

About iomic range back when I checked TC...been a while though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez, that's a shame. I looked them up online. I want the Carolina blue ones.

Jeez, that's a shame. I looked them up online. I want the Carolina blue ones.

Yeah. Expensive. Good grips though.

The day may be here...

Ping demo tomorrow 2 miles away. Just deposited money today, funds available, card is fully charged. Pro shop mentioned discounts tomorrow only.

Totally stoked. I am really set on the i20 irons and may get those with or without short wedges. Want to swing the Tour S wedges with Spinners. I want to hit the i20 hybrids as well. I game none now but unless they really don't work for me they could not be that far behind my long irons.

Might have to buy a new hat too, with one of those clip ball markers... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back