We have something very interesting coming up with this that people might like. Pretty cool stuff actually.

Humm, Mio energy sponsor ads on the Tour Bus? Green Thunder colors would go well.

When it's gonna be hot (Texas hot), I use my cycling Camelbak... 72 oz bladder in an insulated backpack with a tubular bite valve. I fill it with ice + water, slide it into the little backpack, put energy bars in the pockets and off I go. I don't wear it though - just strap it into the little basket behind the cart seat and drape the bitevalve tube over the seat. Easy drinking the whole course long...

spazzdog

Used to just drink water, but it's been nuun, nuun, nuun ever since the testing. Its so darn effective for me.

Lots of water, lots of it. When it is 100 plus around here and I am out in the afternoon playing golf I will drink maybe a gallon of water and keep a wet cloth around my neck.

been using nuun for the last week, love it and works so well for me. used to drink a lot of gatorade but it doesnt have nearly the affect that nuun tablets have!!!

Nuun and water. The stuff flat works. Just remember to mix it up and drink the first one before the first tee. I find when I do that I don't feel near as thirsty out on the course. Its like getting way ahead of the game on hydration and staying there for the whole round.

When it's gonna be hot (Texas hot), I use my cycling Camelbak... 72 oz bladder in an insulated backpack with a tubular bite valve. I fill it with ice + water, slide it into the little backpack, put energy bars in the pockets and off I go. I don't wear it though - just strap it into the little basket behind the cart seat and drape the bitevalve tube over the seat. Easy drinking the whole course long...

spazzdog

I like that idea!! Will have to try it.

Yeah, I don't go out without it. If I leave a little water out so the bladder is less full, I have room to slide 1 little bottle of Gatorade into the knapsack part against the bladder... Keeps it nice and cold :)

If you're a walker with one of those carts you can strap it around the bag and kind of over the handle.

spazzdog

Great idea for walkers. Nice tip!

Playing in heat

Playing in heat

What do you fellow THP'ers do when playing in heat. I playing today in 90 degree weather high illinois humidity. I am wearing a white shirt white hat and whitish shorts and tons of Gatorade. What do you guys do?

What do you fellow THP'ers do when playing in heat. I playing today in 90 degree weather high illinois humidity. I am wearing a white shirt white hat and whitish shorts and tons of Gatorade. What do you guys do?

Exactly that. Or if I know I'm playing tomorrow in bad heat I'll drink tons of water the day before to be hydrated otherwise light colors on the course help as well.

Moisture wicking shorts and shirts.

Lots of water (maybe 50 to 60 ounces or more) before starting the round. At least that much during the round. The more you weigh, the more water you should drink, at least that's how I interpret it (I've read you should drink one ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight in a normal day).

There are several threads here about staying hydrated.

On real hot days I will also bring a couple small towels that I can dunk in the ice chest water and then wrap around my neck. I would imagine you are riding so after each hole, drape the cold towel and ride to the next hole. You'd be surprised how much it drops your temp. Also keep the beers til after the round, you will have earned em!

I also play three gloves as I get them pretty sweaty.

On real hot days I will also bring a couple small towels that I can dunk in the ice chest water and then wrap around my neck. I would imagine you are riding so after each hole, drape the cold towel and ride to the next hole. You'd be surprised how much it drops your temp. Also keep the beers til after the round, you will have earned em!

I also play three gloves as I get them pretty sweaty.

That's a good idea, but also, kinda gross if you are using the ones people are drinking out of.

All that...and tons of sunscreen.
Oh and multiple golf gloves so when one gets wet, you have more dry ones ready to go.

First you need a big hat such as this

images

lol, seriously I do use a "soaker" type of hat and one of those neck wrap things that swell up when you put it in water and retains the cold for quite a while. I dip the neck wrap in the melted ice water that is in my cooler. As everyone else has said, light moisture wicking clothing and hydration are essential.

$(KGrHqJ,!m!E3JpPlgefBOJ2cHKtiQ~~0_1.JPG

39841.jpg

First you need a big hat such as this<br />
<br />
images

I like to wear all black and a sombrero like this. Appropriate for today. :D

Frogz Chilly pad. You wet it and stay cool and it doesn't drip much.

Oh i forgot try to stay in the shade.

Wife told me no beer :angry:

Tons of water and skip the beer. It was 91 today and supposed to be 96 tomorrow

Sent from my taco using Tapatalk

First you need a big hat such as this

images

Sad to say, I've seen some people play like this!

Don't wear black, drink lots of water, and play at twilight when the sun is going down, here in southern nm, it gets up to 110 in july and I hate it, take an umbrella and sunscreen too

I mentioned this in another thread... I take my cycling Camelbak. It holds 72 oz - I fill it with ice, water and then slide a small Gatorade into the carrier against the bladder. Started this last July/August when I first started learning golf and the temps here were 100-110 for 2 months.

spazzdog

The key is stay hydrated constantly. Drinking the water during a round is too late. Just make it part of your daily routine to stay hydrated throughout the day, and then keep drinking during your round and you will be fine.

I played lots of 1p.m. rounds here in Fl last summer with no problem.

Back