Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird to not be pondering anything. I dont remember the last time I wasnt thinking about my next set of irons, etc.

It's weird to not be pondering anything. I dont remember the last time I wasnt thinking about my next set of irons, etc.

I'm in the same boat, all I'm sure two weeks from now I will be ringing up blind 9 looking for a post outing deal.

I'm pondering ridding my car of some wedges

Tapatalk

I'm ready to play some irons with a little bit of cavity. I really like the S56's and 712 cb's.

I'm ready to play some irons with a little bit of cavity. I really like the S56's and 712 cb's.

I loved the s56's when I hit them on the launch monitor. They offer significant forgiveness in that sleek package.

Tap before talk.

I'm pondering ridding my car of some wedges

Tapatalk

I'm pondering settling this Driver thing once and for all (for hopefully a full year lol).

I'm pondering settling this Driver thing once and for all (for hopefully a full year lol).

You should let me know what you might get rid of. I might like some of the drivers you have.

You should let me know what you might get rid of. I might like some of the drivers you have.

No problemo.

I just need to get back to NOT thinking about my driver as much as I am, when I got greedy and left the ML4 it sent everything into absolute chaos and going back didn't help. I want that confidence back.

No problemo.

I just need to get back to NOT thinking about my driver as much as I am, when I got greedy and left the ML4 it sent everything into absolute chaos and going back didn't help. I want that confidence back.

I've been hawkponderin' the crap out of the Adams Fast 12 LS.

I've been hawkponderin' the crap out of the Adams Fast 12 LS.

Haha, funnily enough that's one that just doesn't tickle my fancy. I've got quite the varied selection going on though.

Haha, funnily enough that's one that just doesn't tickle my fancy. I've got quite the varied selection going on though.

With the news that I would have to buy a new HVAC system for my house, it can only be a dream right now. In all honesty I am super pumped with my bag at the moment.

After seeing Rory hit a 339 yards 3-wood on 18 I am thinking about buying a 910f 13degree wood.

Guys, I need help. Manta or the Drone? I like the feel of the Drone much more, but I align the Manta a lot better. I still like the feel of the Manta but it is a bit soft. Any help, or other suggestions?

After seeing Rory hit a 339 yards 3-wood on 18 I am thinking about buying a 910f 13degree wood.

I could be mistaken but i don't think Rory bags a 910F I think it's an older model.

I could be mistaken but i don't think Rory bags a 910F I think it's an older model.

I think you're right. I thought I read 906 somewhere.

I'd rather pay Rory to hit all of my shots for me instead.

Rory does game the 906. I know JB posted Rory's WITB after his win at the Honda, but I can't find it through search. Here is his bag listed at Golf Channel.

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (8.5 degree; Fujikura Rombax 7V05 shaft)
Fairway Woods: Titleist 906F2 3-wood (13 degree; Fujikura ZCom Pro 95 shaft) and 5-wood (18 degree; Fujikura ZCom Pro 95 shaft)
Irons (3-9): Titleist MB (Project X 6.5 shafts)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM4 (46, 54 and 60 degree; Project X 6.5 shafts)
Putter: Scotty Cameron GSS Newport prototype
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Footwear: FootJoy FJ Sport
Glove: FootJoy Pure Touch Limited

I demo'd a Titleist 910 D2 for my round today and I am in love. It had the 'ahina shaft which really seemed to fit my swing. I was hitting it MUCH MUCH better than my current driver. May end up ordering tomorrow. I know there are a ton of options, but are there any other shafts I should consider before ordering?

Only things like a Ahina are the Whiteboard, Kusala Black or .2 Speeders. If the Ahina was rocking it, I'd stick with it. Any of the other ones will mostly be about feel rather then the numbers and come with a big cost difference.

Rory switched to a 910F a couple rounds back, I think he has gone back and forth however. Not sure which one he gamed this weekend.

Rory switched to a 910F a couple rounds back, I think he has gone back and forth however. Not sure which one he gamed this weekend.

He gamed the one that strapped a rocket to his ball... Jeeze he bombed that thing. He made D.J. Look like a short knocker.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Thinking about a TaylorMade Corza Ghost belly or SeeMore Si3 belly.. rolled them both a few times and they feel remarkably smooth. Non belly I'm liking the Scotty Cameron Sea Mist Del Mar, but it's out of my price range atm.

I think he played the 906 for most of the year. But I read somewhere that he played the 910 a couple of weeks ago and he was just killing it. He ended up going back to the 906 because he was hitting the 910 too far.
The 3 wood he hit yesterday looked different from the old one so I just assumed he went back to the 910.

I am pondering getting some Nike Lunars before the outing next week. I think they would be nice to have on the hot days in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back