RBZ Tour vs. i20 vs. VR_S Drivers

Jacz97

Reaction score
Handicap
I was just wondering if anyone has tested these drivers (RBZ Tour, i20, VR_S) as I am looking to buy one of them. I am a 14 HCP, my natural shot shape is a fade and my average drive length is about 260-270. I am now playing with a burner '08 and I really am starting to dislike the feel and sound of it. So if anyone has tested any, or all three of these drivers, please tell me what you think the pros and cons of them are.

Yesterday I hit both the RBZ(not tour) and the i20 and I was hitting tighter patterns with the i20. The i20 stock shaft was longer and allowing me to get more turn in my swing but was also a little heavier in the head it seemed. The RBZ was longer by probably 10 yards though, but I was very erratic with the grouping. The stock stiff shaft on the RBZ was still a little to whippy for me and had to test an x-flex to get the same feel. I hope that helps out some!

Purchased the RBZ Tour yesterday and played it today in a tournament. I gained 10-12 yards average of several of my drives and I am very impressed with how it played. Not a fan of the stock grip, trying to decide if I am going to go GP VDR or Tour Wrap...

I have hit all of these.

I like the RBZ Tour head a lot but it is a higher spinning head.

i20 is my favorite of these but it is fade biased and you might find that with a natural fade it might pronounce it more than you might like.

VR_S was okay, but comes with the weakest stock shaft IMO, so I wasn't much interested after that. (the stock shaft is a made for version that is extremely whippy.)

I've hit all they are all solid drivers. I actually hit them all the same day and I think I liked the i20 the most although it wasn't the longest. The RBZ was the longest but wasn't as accurate. Wasn't as impressed with the Nike. It's a decent driver just wasn't for me.

Hated the RBZ. I didn't like the feel or sound. Distance was nothing special.
The i20 was decent, loved the flat black. Good distance, just not as forgiving.
Loved the VR_S (Currently in my bag minus the stock shaft.) Great distance and forgiveness.

I've hit them all and just purchased the VR_S. I'm not using the stock Fubuki, wasn't for me. What I've found is that the club head is extremely forgiving. On miss hits the club is still very straight and long.

I've hit them all and just purchased the VR_S. I'm not using the stock Fubuki, wasn't for me. What I've found is that the club head is extremely forgiving. On miss hits the club is still very straight and long.

+1 very forgiving head.

I'm sure the Fubuki is a great shaft for some, but it wasn't right for me either. I put in a PX 6.0 in mine and think its a match made in heaven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back