Orange Whip and Orange Peel Swing Trainer Review Thread

Reaally interested in both of these aids. Looking forward to your thoughts Jake

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mine is in the trunk buddy, let me know when you want to try it out.

more interested in the orange whip than I am the boogie board thing. Looking forward to the process Jake. You going to bring this to FL with you?

LOL @ boogie board. That is exactly what it looks like.

I thought it looked like a kneeboard.

I'm really interested in the orange whip, so definitely look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

more interested in the orange whip than I am the boogie board thing. Looking forward to the process Jake. You going to bring this to FL with you?
If I have enough space in my bag (weight wise and actual space) I'll throw the whip in. I'm not bringing the Orange Peel though, sorry!

If I have enough space in my bag (weight wise and actual space) I'll throw the whip in. I'm not bringing the Orange Peel though, sorry!

Do you need someone to babysit it?

Side note P4B.. You going to the Taylormade Demo Friday 3-7 at Elmwood?

Do you need someone to babysit it?

Side note P4B.. You going to the Taylormade Demo Friday 3-7 at Elmwood?
I'd be happy to let you check it out if you want to.

TM Demo on Friday huh? I think I will go, I hadn't heard about it.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback on the whip, as I love mine, but don't think I would use the board thing.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback on the whip, as I love mine, but don't think I would use the board thing.

I'm interested in both. Almost had a stroke at the price of the peel though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Can someone explain what the theory is behind this device or how it's suposed to aid your swing? Not clear to me from their website what it supposedly does for you or what feedback it gives. Thanks. :act-up:

The Orange Whip, when not in my golf bag sets right by the door to my garage where I pass by it several times a day. I like to grab it and take about 10 swings with it multiple times throughout the day, nothing more than that though. After talking with Mike from the company that is what they recommend. Anyway I decided to grab a quick video of an abbreviated workout with it. I really love the feeling you get when swinging this, I feel like it's helping me with my swing plane and I can sense that this will help generate more power in my golf swing.

Great video, Jake. I saw these at Golfsmith last week and was intrigued. How long does they say it takes before you see anything different as it translates to your game?

Great video, Jake. I saw these at Golfsmith last week and was intrigued. How long does they say it takes before you see anything different as it translates to your game?
They don't really say any set time frame really. I imagine it's like any other kind of a training, it probably won't happen over night but I can definitely sense getting a better swing plane relatively quick.

Good stuff. That's what I do with mine also. I usually bring it to my range sessions and warm up with it and the Tour Striker. About 10 swings is all you need to get a good tempo "feeling".

I've been using the Orange Whip regularly 2 to 3 times a day for quick (10 swings or so) little workouts. I'm not going to sit her and claim that this thing is a miracle device but typically I need to pop Aleve at least twice a day because of my back pain and today is now the 3rd day in a row that I have not had to take any, even first thing in the morning. I think the Orange Whip is helping me keep my back nice and loose throughout the day. If that's definitely the reason I've been feeling better lately then I'm sold already!

All that aside I do love the feeling of the lag and swing plane the Orange Whip gets me into. I feel that it helps me develop more of an inside out swing rather than the dreaded loop of an over the top swing that cuts across the ball generating a high slice. It'll be in the bag with me tonight and I'll use it to warm up before my round for Men's League tonight.

I've started to use the Orange Peel for some of these quick little workouts as well, using the Orange Peel helps to add balance and increase the core strength beyond just using the Orange Whip on it's own. It does definitely require more balance and thus firing more of your core muscles at the same time. I will get into using the Orange Peel more and more as I progress through my testing.

Good stuff Jake. The orange whip is interesting. I guess I'm confused as to what the orange peel really does.

I bought an Orange Whip this past weekend and have used it almost everyday since then. I agree with Jake that this thing has helped to loosen up my back. My main reason for buying it (I had tried it several times before and really liked it) was to help me with my tempo. I feel that it has worked wonderfully for that. My first round out I hit all but one fairway with my driver. My first swing with the Orange Whip convinced me that this is the swing aid for me. I tried to make my normal driver swing (too quick) and nearly tore my arms off because I was all out of sequence. In addition to helping my tempo (again it has only been a few days, but I have played two rounds) I feel that it has helped my balance and flexibility.

Ddec, go here: http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/orangepeel/index.php to see more on the Orange Peel. It is an addition to the Orange Whip for the core and balance workouts but you can also use it to emulate various different stances and lie angles you'll see on the course.

Doc, this thing is pretty sweet isn't it? I love the tempo and swing path it forces you into. I agree about the swinging it like you normally would your driver, you'll tear an arm off doing that! Thanks for chiming in with feedback, please continue to update this thread as you use it. I know a lot of people would appreciate it (as well as me!).

I am quite intrigued by this, Jake. You going to have this with you next week?

I am quite intrigued by this, Jake. You going to have this with you next week?
I'm really going to try. I have to see how much weight my bag is and how much room I have. I'm definitely hoping to squeeze it in though. Orange Peel won't fit though....haha.

I'm really going to try. I have to see how much weight my bag is and how much room I have. I'm definitely hoping to squeeze it in though. Orange Peel won't fit though....haha.
I've seen them at Golfsmith, and was quite surprised at the weight on it, didnt expect that. I took a couple swings with it and liked the feel, almost like it was stretching me out. Could definitely see the benefits of it as a warm up tool.

I might finally stop in our new Golfsmith and check these out.

Just another reason to swing by, right?

Exactly. I would have already been by but I had GG money to burn so I went there instead.

I always pick up the Orange Whip at the PGA Store and swing it every time I pass by it. It does have a cool feeling about it when you swing. Good stuff P4B!

Back