Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Here are some photos I took of my simulator session:

4c650e3a-a97f-9c4a.jpg

4c650e3a-a98e-1af0.jpg

My ball flight with the trajectory showed more of a left to right, which is what I expected, but not what I experienced on the course. The length average was 269 and pretty close to what I saw on the course.

I've used the club for two rounds and here are some of the things I am seeing right off the bat.

1. Consistent hitting of fairways. I've missed one out of 10.

2. Length. I'm getting 270 on average off the tee and the dispersion range in length is within about 5 yards. So I am getting consistent length.

3. It's very straight for me. Gone are the days of an uncontrollable ball flight and trepidation setting up to a routine shot. Ball flight and trajectory are what I have been looking for in a fairway wood for years.

I can't imagine what the next few weeks are going to bring with this club. I for one am excited about it.

Many Many thanks to THP and Cleveland Golf!

Tappin from my iPad

Good thoughts BIGGSY. Sounds like the Mashie has been nothing but a solid fairway finder. I've thoroughly enjoyed mine too and have seen much the same results.

As the effects of my lesson a few weeks ago wear off, I'm once again hitting driver with less (basically my normal) accuracy and I've really tried to commit to hitting the Mashie F3+ more often, or even the F7 if appropriate. I played a quick nine last night and hit every fairway that I used them, even after a couple mishits. I've never really been a fairway wood off the tee type of guy, but it really just works for finding short grass.

Same here hawk. It's awesome having a fairway metal that is so easy to hit and I have such confidence in. Over the last year I've started to hit 3 metal more and more off the tee because of this. And the Mashie just continues this.

My f3 3Metal is going to give my Black 3wood cobwebs.

Oh, biggsy, great thoughts bro.

I can't wait to see Biggsy bomb this thing next week.

Biggsy, those were 2 great posts. Glad to hear you are getting all that distance, and accuracy to go with it.

My dad just bought a FL3HT and I will be trying it today in my round. I am seriously contemplating ditching my driver. Even on my good drives (which I never seem to get anymore) the FL3 is only like 20 yds shorter from what distance it looked like I was getting out of it in my yard. My occasional miss was a random slice which I''m not sure why I got. I will soon be comparing the FL3 to the Mashie F3 to see what one is better for me. I typically have trouble hitting a FW of the deck but according to the salesman (who really are honest, un-biased guys) the FW I have now (Adams Tight-Lies) is only good for really tight lies (even though I can't hit it off any lie) I will be comparing whether or not the FL3 is as easy to hit overall and the consitency. Distance isn't as important to me. Also it should perform almost as well from the deck as the tee. The big catch is even if I am a more consistent with the Mashie vs the FL3 is it worth another 80$?

Thanks guys, im loving my classic driver, but something has me thinking id love to see a Mashie driver.

Tappin from my iPad

Biggsy - what shaft did you go with in that mashie again?

Biggsy - what shaft did you go with in that mashie again?

Miyazaki Kusala Black 83.

Same shaft as the driver, just shorter and 11 grams heavier.

Tappin from my iPad

Got out for a scramble tourney yesterday, but the tees were moved up so I didn't have too many chances to hit the F5. No tee shots, which retrospectively seems silly... A couple of par 5 shots. Both were nice high bombs that went about 210 & change, which is good distance for me. Very impressed with the turf interaction. Dropped a couple in the rough just to see as well and had no trouble putting club on ball. Funny thing is I was duffing all over the place in my limited range time off the mats. This club really does shine on the grass. Look forward to getting some more opportunities with this guy this weekend as I have another round scheduled tomorrow. If things continue to go like this, I may seriously ponder a F7...

I week from today I'll be hitting this thing...looking forward to it

I week from today I'll be hitting this thing...looking forward to it

I foresee you wanting to take the F7 out for test run.

--
Tapatalk2

Just curious, what is the gap between the F5 and the M3 White Rhino? or better yet what do you hit the two?

I could see myself looking at something between my 3w and 3h not called a 5 wood

I foresee you wanting to take the F7 out for test run.

--
Tapatalk2

These posts have really made me take a seriously look at the Mashie line. Looking to replace my hybrid and this is in the running.

Got out again this weekend and made a point to hit the F5. I continue to see good results. Had some directional issues on a couple, a slight push that did not penalize me either time. This thing seems pretty long off the tee for a 5W. I'm officially in serious ponder mode on an F7.

hit the 3w at golf galaxy wasnt impressed, hoping it was a fluke and I'll try again outside Friday

After hitting a bunch of balls with the Tour Striker I moved right to the F5 and just crushed it. I can tell I was getting too under the ball lately and losing distance. Hit the TS again and then hit the F3 just as well as the F5. Im still loving the Mashie FW's

Back