The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Damaikis and JR,
You will be getting a nice bit of money for graduating high school. Don't be stupid with that money.

Sincerely,
arydolphin

I bought a big ol' television, a bunch of booze, and an iPhone when I graduated in 2007. And I went to the beach.

Where were you then?

Thanks ary. Though I don't think I'll be getting all that much. My parents got me a laptop for graduation, and in general my family doesn't roll that way. I hope I do though. I could use it.

That's cool too, the laptop will be needed in college. My whole point is that blowing money on a lot of material things isn't the best thing to do all the time. Of course, I don't always subscribe to that philosophy when it comes to golf equipment, but you get what I'm saying. Also, having a little money in a savings account for unforeseen circumstances is always a good thing, because those circumstances tend to happen fairly frequently when you are in college.

That's cool too, the laptop will be needed in college. My whole point is that blowing money on a lot of material things isn't the best thing to do all the time. Of course, I don't always subscribe to that philosophy when it comes to golf equipment, but you get what I'm saying. Also, having a little money in a savings account for unforeseen circumstances is always a good thing, because those circumstances tend to happen fairly frequently when you are in college.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely saving a bunch. Whatever money I do get for graduation will probably be going there too (unless a new ponder comes up, lol). And I agree, I needed a laptop badly, so that was awesome.

Aye, Ary, I agree. Grad money is going towards a laptop, and nothing else. Whatever money I use this summer, will be earned separately. I am currently budgeting 100 dollars a month for personal expenses. That is more than sufficient for my needs.

Aye, Ary, I agree. Grad money is going towards a laptop, and nothing else. Whatever money I use this summer, will be earned separately. I am currently budgeting 100 dollars a month for personal expenses. That is more than sufficient for my needs.

Dude, that's some serious budgeting!

Not really, for me that is quite a luxurious amount. I average about 40 per month now, being that I am allowed cash for gas.
Dude, that's some serious budgeting!

Not really, for me that is quite a luxurious amount. I average about 40 per month now, being that I am allowed cash for gas.

More power to you, my man. I need to take a page out of your book and learn how to not spend all of my money.

I find it interesting how THP has a weekday crowd that is all but gone come Friday till Monday morning. And who these people are makes it even worse. :confused2:
I know this isn't directed at me! hahaha. I have no life.

Dude, how dare you forget Butthead. I bet he would be around a lot. He had a lot to say. :act-up:
Harry doesn't come here anymore.

Please Pleas Please do yourself a favor and invest in a mac, I had nightmares the first two years of college cause I had a terrible windows 7 based computer, it would crap out on me seconds before an online homework or quiz was do and the next day in class I had to explain to my professor why he should accept my late homework again, I got tired of making the same excuse every other day that I saved up and used my scholarship money to buy a mac book pro, bam no more late quizzes and bad grades! You won't regret it like I did!

Please Pleas Please do yourself a favor and invest in a mac, I had nightmares the first two years of college cause I had a terrible windows 7 based computer, it would crap out on me seconds before an online homework or quiz was do and the next day in class I had to explain to my professor why he should accept my late homework again, I got tired of making the same excuse every other day that I saved up and used my scholarship money to buy a mac book pro, bam no more late quizez and bad grades! You won't regret it like I did!

Negative commander. I just got a Dell. It's fine. Besides, I'm not supposed to have a Mac for college. Says my college.

Please Pleas Please do yourself a favor and invest in a mac, I had nightmares the first two years of college cause I had a terrible windows 7 based computer, it would crap out on me seconds before an online homework or quiz was do and the next day in class I had to explain to my professor why he should accept my late homework again, I got tired of making the same excuse every other day that I saved up and used my scholarship money to buy a mac book pro, bam no more late quizez and bad grades! You won't regret it like I did!
I will never fork out the ridiculous amounts of cash that they ask for a Mac. I have worked with them for the last 4 years relatively frequently, and I prefer PC's in almost every way. Also, I am relatively technologically adept, I will not make a choice that will fail me.

Negative commander. I just got a Dell. It's fine. Besides, I'm not supposed to have a Mac for college. Says my college.

Haha that's funny, well take care of your dell eh!

Haha that's funny, well take care of your dell eh!

Read what JR said. If you are at all tech-savvy, there shouldn't be problems. And I agree, Macs are too damn expensive. I got mine for about $800-$900 cheaper than a Mac with similar insides would've cost me.

Read what JR said. If you are at all tech-savvy, there shouldn't be problems. And I agree, Macs are too damn expensive. I got mine for about $800-$900 cheaper than a Mac with similar insides would've cost me.

I fold!

funny-gifs-nerd-rage.gif

Hahahahahhahaha

Macs are so over rated in price it's not even funny.

Lol, you knew better than to start a PC vs. Mac convo!

Lol. Sometimes I love those convos. Other times they just go on far too long.

Boom roasted!

World Peace everyone

mac2008_office-757231.jpg

Pear-mousepad.jpg

I win..

well since there is not going to be a mac/pc showdown, these people are waiting for a show, ladies and gentleman mr conway twitty. . .

Family guy fans would get the joke

never_been_this_far1974hee_haw10.jpg

Battery is getting low and currently too lazy to plug phone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back