The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha, poor Jake. I would've busted that sucker out in no time. How did you secure the post bases?

Puttin4Vila, impressive stuff man!

hahahaha, poor Jake. I would've busted that sucker out in no time. How did you secure the post bases?
What? I just used nails and hammered them into the ground. It was real hard so they should hold. Plus those rocks are there.

Not really. I dug holes and cemented them in. Each post goes down 3 feet into the ground.

Goodness Jake, looks like you put some sweat into that one.

nice job Jake! wish I could do something like that

Thanks guys but I'll be honest, it wasn't all that tough. I mean for me it kinda was because I'm really dangerous with a hand tool of any kind but it was alright and last time I checked it everything was level and it hasn't fallen over yet. :D

What? I just used nails and hammered them into the ground. It was real hard so they should hold. Plus those rocks are there.

Not really. I dug holes and cemented them in. Each post goes down 3 feet into the ground.

Nice! you did good Jake. I'm proud of you.

Nice! you did good Jake. I'm proud of you.
Thanks pal. I know my wife likes it. She was pretty skeptical that I could A. do it and B. do it in a timely manner without having to hire someone or bring my dad over to help. The worst part was digging them got damn post holes. I had a manual post hole digger and man alive 3 feet is a lot deeper than you realize. 4 times to boot made it a lot of work.

Thanks pal. I know my wife likes it. She was pretty skeptical that I could A. do it and B. do it in a timely manner without having to hire someone or bring my dad over to help. The worst part was digging them got damn post holes. I had a manual post hole digger and man alive 3 feet is a lot deeper than you realize. 4 times to boot made it a lot of work.

What an IT dork. You should have to dig footers for actual houses.

Good job Jake, I would have just bought one! Or hired someone to do what you did!

What an IT dork. You should have to dig footers for actual houses.
Dude...no freakin' way. Give me a back hoe and I'll do it. Why in the hell would anyone actually dig more than a little hole with a manual shovel? My dove soft hands are thrashed from this dang project. :angry:

Dude...no freakin' way. Give me a back hoe and I'll do it. Why in the hell would anyone actually dig more than a little hole with a manual shovel? My dove soft hands are thrashed from this dang project. :angry:

All that work and you couldn't even use those hands later :bulgy-eyes:

Nice work Jake, looks really good.

If that thing breaks though, you suck.

Good job Jake, I would have just bought one! Or hired someone to do what you did!
Thanks man. Last night we ran to Mendard's to get the chain we needed to hang the swing and they had this HUGE pergola setup for sale for about the same amount of $ I had into this one. It was metal and kind of chincy but huge and we could have easily put a smaller swing inside it. I was like...dang, look what you COULD have had. She likes the one I made better though. She is such a good liar.

Dude...no freakin' way. Give me a back hoe and I'll do it. Why in the hell would anyone actually dig more than a little hole with a manual shovel? My dove-for-men soft hands are thrashed from this dang project. :angry:

fify.
Youre a man Jake!

[video=youtube;t-Lc9Mhi9l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Lc9Mhi9l0[/video]

My life insurance company scheduled my physical & blood sample for next monday morning. That should be interesting following the THP outing this weekend :bomb:

There is a guy at work that picks his nose non-stop. He will be having a conversation with you and he just feels the need to just dig for gold mid sentence. It is so nasty. Everyone sometimes has to pick their nose, but you do it with a tissue and not mid-sentence.

FAIL!!!!

My life insurance company scheduled my physical & blood sample for next monday morning. That should be interesting following the THP outing this weekend :bomb:

lol @ nose picking in the office. Pick'em and flick'em!

This dude just got done telling us that Troy, the movie with Brad Pitt, is better then Gladiator, arguably one of the greatest movies of all time. And he said it with a straight face. I want to punch him. Troy was a terrible movie unless you are into Brad Pitt. Wtc!

he needs his man card revoked

lol @ nose picking in the office. Pick'em and flick'em!

This dude just got done telling us that Troy, the movie with Brad Pitt, is better then Gladiator, arguably one of the greatest movies of all time. And he said it with a straight face. I want to punch him. Troy was a terrible movie unless you are into Brad Pitt. Wtc!

he needs his man card revoked

Exactly what I said. No worthy man card carrying man would say TROY! is better then Gladiator.

Plus one. Troy was a good movie, really good actually. But Gladiator was by far a MOVIE. Dare I say epic? One of Hans Zimmer's best soundtracks too.

Strength and Honor....

Exactly what I said. No worthy man card carrying man would say TROY! is better then Gladiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back