Favorite Hole You've Played

Out of thousands of holes no one sticks out as "favorite" some are very memorable though. As mentioned above, the 16th at Bandon Dunes is on that list. The floating green at Coeur D'Alene resort, the 18th at KooLau is the most memorable because it is probably the toughest I've played, #4 or #12 at Pine Barrens, the 17th at Quarry Oaks, the 17th at Okemo Valley, #12 at the Standard Club a par 5 where I have made scores from 4 to 10, so many I want to play again...no way to pick a "favorite."

I cant narrow it down to 1 hole but Pacific Grove Golf Links AKA Poor Man's Pebble Beach in Pacific Grove CA. (Pacific Grove is next to Monterey CA) The entire back 9 has views of the Pacific ocean. Some holes are so close to the water you get a nice mist. This is a pic of hole #12, best $60 I've spent in my golfing life.

Stay out of the ice plant!

Figured I'd post pics of mine. #16 at Firestone South. First, me on the tee:

TeeShotatTheMonster.jpg

Caution,:eek:fftopic:

just wondering, am I the only one who sees a UFO looking thing in the sky? Maybe I'm just crazy

Caution,:eek:fftopic:

just wondering, am I the only one who sees a UFO looking thing in the sky? Maybe I'm just crazy

You have really good eyes! You'd think Damaikis would have noticed it, he's looking right at it. Probably just something on approach to the Akron airport, it's not far from there.

You have really good eyes! You'd think Damaikis would have noticed it, he's looking right at it. Probably just something on approach to the Akron airport, it's not far from there.

It just looked pretty freaky. I won't be surprised if that picture ends up on the news with the caption, local golfer believes to have been visited by a UFO,:laughing: Just kidding.

It's probably the ball or the airplane like you said.

Hole 18 at Visby:
visby18-181.jpg

a897ecb2.jpg

Hole 17 at PGA of Sweden National, Lakes Course.
y4x5693pga7.jpg

Hole 18 at Visby:
visby18-181.jpg

a897ecb2.jpg

Hole 17 at PGA of Sweden National, Lakes Course.
y4x5693pga7.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful course, I take it you play from the championship tees?

#18 at Kapalua Plantation. I shot 81 from the tips (started double, double), with a bogey on 18, I was pin high in 2 but I was short sided. Hit a chip that I thought would be perfect and it ended up about 45 feet from the pin, and I 3 putted from there. Still a fun day.

2nd_18th.jpg

I haven't played too many different courses, but my favorite hole to this point is number 17 at Darlington Country Club. It's a 330 yard par 4 with water right, trees left of the driving area. It's one of those shots that the ideal shot shape is a pretty good fade, but if you can only hit a draw, it's nerve wracking having to start out down the right over the water. If you go left, you're in the trees, and dont have much of a shot out since the green falls off on the back and left sides. Difficult hole, but rewarding, if you can put the right shot in place you've got an easy wedge onto the green where there are some straight putts. I've birdied it 2-3 times now in the half dozen times I've played the course.

satellite pics just dont do the water justice, or the course condition. New ownership has lush fairways and great greens!

number17.jpg

this course also has a pretty sweet hole for #14, the back tees are actually on the back lawn of the clubhouse looking down about a 40-50 ft drop to the fairway. Awesome view and sounds really cool with driver echoing off the house.

Wow that is a beautiful course, I take it you play from the championship tees?

Yes, played our PGA Championship there two weeks ago. Around 7200 yards all in all. That particular hole played about 210 and into the wind.

Yes, played our PGA Championship there two weeks ago. Around 7200 yards all in all. That particular hole played about 210 and into the wind.

Wow that's awesome!

Wow that's awesome!

It was tough, no doubt. :act-up: But it's actually easier into the wind than downwind, because into the wind you can hold a 3-iron or whatever you need. Holding a 5 or a 6 downwind and trying to land it just over the water and bunker is virtually impossible.

It was tough, no doubt. :act-up: But it's actually easier into the wind than downwind, because into the wind you can hold a 3-iron or whatever you need. Holding a 5 or a 6 downwind and trying to land it just over the water and bunker is virtually impossible.

Wow, It seems to complicated for me hahah

Back