2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Isnt there a porterage fee for arrival and departure on the final bill? Is that for the bellman?

I dont want to stiff anyone on a tip if its not included

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

The only thing that stinks is that those guys aren't the ones actually loading your clubs into the plane. Plus the bags are handled a lot between TSA scanning and actual loading into the plane. Skycaps are great for making sure your bags get onto the right plane though

It doesn't but if you don't tip appropriately your clubs might break somehow.

If I curbside check I tip $5 a bag, I don't my bags to end up in Timbucktwo
It doesn't but if you don't tip appropriately your clubs might break somehow.

Isnt there a porterage fee for arrival and departure on the final bill? Is that for the bellman?

I dont want to stiff anyone on a tip if its not included

I believe there is...this was from the original post. As I read it though, that only really takes care of the bellman, not the guys out at the course.

* Porterage: Porterage is a one time charge, that is the only thing not included in the package. These baggage handling charges are $10.00 plus 6.5% tax, which includes $5.00 arrival and $5.00 departure. (This is a one time, per person charge). This is for the bellmen for handling all your luggage including your golf bags.

The only thing that stinks is that those guys aren't the ones actually loading your clubs into the plane. Plus the bags are handled a lot between TSA scanning and actual loading into the plane. Skycaps are great for making sure your bags get onto the right plane though

You guys all travelling together again?

If I curbside check I tip $5 a bag, I don't my bags to end up in Timbucktwo

Is that the norm tadashi? I've always wondered what to give those guys and if I'm stiffing them.

Negative ghost rider....Buck and I are on SW and I think Kev is on AirTran....not sure aboot G4L though

You guys all travelling together again?

Negative ghost rider....Buck and I are on SW and I think Kev is on AirTran....not sure aboot G4L though

That is too bad. I am actully flying (gasp) USAir. It was way cheaper than SW to fly non-stop.

I like the ghost rider ref!

Um....SW is non-stop too

That is too bad. I am actully flying (gasp) USAir. It was way cheaper than SW to fly non-stop.

I am bummed to be missing this. Can't wait until next year.

Tapatalk

Yeah Im on AirTran because it was cheaper even with paying for bags although not by much but mainly because the departure time was normal, 11:30 AM instead of 8AM or whatever SW was.

That's really odd for SW to be that much more....especially to Orlando

I know. A non-stop flight on SW would have been 160 more than non-stop on USair.

That's really odd for SW to be that much more....especially to Orlando

It may have just been timing. It is weird. In february I flew round trip on SW for 190

Southwest always 3 non-stops to Orlando (morning, noon, night) with their 11:30 being the mid-day non-stop too. You're going to miss those nice comfy seats of theirs, man! But probably won't miss their cattle call boarding process

Yeah Im on AirTran because it was cheaper even with paying for bags although not by much but mainly because the departure time was normal, 11:30 AM instead of 8AM or whatever SW was.

Southwest always 3 non-stops to Orlando (morning, noon, night) with their 11:30 being the mid-day non-stop too. You're going to miss those nice comfy seats of theirs, man! But probably won't miss their cattle call boarding process

I do hate that boarding process but when I bought my tickets they didnt have the midday flight. Plus AirTran has wifi. Even though I wont use it.

1 more hour of work until the ultimate weekend starts for me. Over/under on how many pointless request I get in the next hour for crap that can wait...take the over.

Oh snap...hadn't thought about the wifi on AirTran. Wonder if SW has it now?

I do hate that boarding process but when I bought my tickets they didnt have the midday flight. Plus AirTran has wifi. Even though I wont use it.

1 more hour of work until the ultimate weekend starts for me. Over/under on how many pointless request I get in the next hour for crap that can wait...take the over.

5 hours of work for me then league then bed then flight to Orlando. Been waiting for this for 10 months!

My buddy works curbside at MCO and he says they expect $2-$3 a bag. When I travel and check bags is usually business related so I throw the guys $5 a bag and I have no had a bag rerouted since I was a teenager, seriously. I'd tip $5 on two bags or $2.50 a bag out of BWI
Is that the norm tadashi? I've always wondered what to give those guys and if I'm stiffing them.

I'm flying Airtran non-stop from Indy. They always seem to be early arriving. I need read up on their golf bag policy.

Oh snap...hadn't thought about the wifi on AirTran. Wonder if SW has it now?
Only a few plans have been converted over. Usually the cross country or anything longer then 2hours.

Today and tomorrow are popular travel days into MCO. Baggage should take about half hour from the time you dock at the gate. Taxis are one level down.

My buddy works curbside at MCO and he says they expect $2-$3 a bag. When I travel and check bags is usually business related so I throw the guys $5 a bag and I have no had a bag rerouted since I was a teenager, seriously. I'd tip $5 on two bags or $2.50 a bag out of BWI

Ok, we usually do $2-3 a bag so were pretty close. And we fly out of PHL, I hate BWI and the ride down there.

I usually just tip what I have with me. It varies from $2 to $5. It depends on how nice the bagger is.

Back