2012 Ultimate Golf Weekend Recap Thread

dude, it was so embarrasing and I didnt even care. in 2 rounds, I played that stupid hole 8 over.

E after 3, +4 after 4 haha

E after 3, +4 after 4 haha

hahahaha...awesome.

then...plus 4 after 1 the next day

Its ok, I did go on a 6 hole par train with Ary, moira, and Ryan. take that

dude, it was so embarrasing and I didnt even care. in 2 rounds, I played that stupid hole 8 over.

What followed was even better. The part about not reaching the ladies tees. You and Moira were great in that foursome and (as well as War and Ary). It was a blast just being behind you guys.

Which hole was the fourth hole? They all kind of blended in after a while. Was it the slight dogleg left hole that shares a green on the right?

Awesome writeup MG4L. Poor Bret, he (like me) is just lost without the lady. Was I supposed to give him back his wallet? :act-up:
Oh my gosh! That would be so funny!!!

Nice write up Mrs g4l. It was fun sharing a villa with you. I must say you rocked the Willy Wonka theme. I think most everyone enjoyed it. I know JB did when he saw that bowl full of candy. DDXU is still waiting to see that oompa loompa dance, perhaps at the next outing. Sorry to hear that Brett's wallet went missing. I know Jenn had a blast teeing it up with you, she asked me yesterday when we are driving down to see you again

Dean, we totally have to get together!!! I told Jenn I can't live without her now!!! PM coming soon.... :)

Nice write up MG4L.. By the way, your villas' bubblegum vodka drink was awesome!
Thanks!!!! I tried a lot of recipe's before deciding on that one! i am glad you liked it!!!!

What followed was even better. The part about not reaching the ladies tees. You and Moira were great in that foursome and (as well as War and Ary). It was a blast just being behind you guys.

I am glad you guys were behind us, minus jake...he tried to kill us. Glad Moira had went to the restroom...that would have made the Golf Channel had jake hit her.

Which hole was the fourth hole? They all kind of blended in after a while. Was it the slight dogleg left hole that shares a green on the right?

It was right after 3 and right before 5.

Being the first golf outing I've ever been to, it seems this one will be hard to beat or even compare with. It was a pleasure to put faces to so many handles and meet some many nice people.

I want to thank all the groups I played a round with for their patience, while I played my mediocre golf. GrantD, Chewie and BMWnola on Thursday afternoon. Dawgdaddy, V.man and Stillmyshot on Saturday morning. That was the seniors group. Sunday with Interlooper, RxGus and MikeDean. You were all gracious and it was a pleasure not only to meet you but play a round of golf.

The Demo Day was beyond belief. With a gentle nudge from Chewie and Dawgdaddy I tried a new driver, the Cleveland Black. Now I have to get one. A huge thanks to Chewie for working with me on my tee shots. It's still not great but it was a big leap forward. The Meet and Greet, the Dinner and raffle were all terrific along with the villa crawl. My hats off to JB and GG for being able to get so many people together and then make it work.

My Villa mates, Ole Gray and KellyBo, Dawgdaddy and his lovely wife and Toad and his wife. They made me feel welcome and put together one heck of a villa crawl for our villa on short notice. Toad sorry for the scare on Saturday nite.

I'll be back again next year.

hahahaha...awesome.

then...plus 4 after 1 the next day

Its ok, I did go on a 6 hole par train with Ary, moira, and Ryan. take that

and you played good golf on Sunday too on that much easier North/South track

If by slight you meant hard dogleg left then yes. Stupid hole, actually easier to play it up the adjoining fairway.

Great recap MrsG4L! It's not an Outing unless we travel with you guys and get some pics along the way

My pleasure One-T! We do need to golf it up again sometime..it's been way way too long

and you played good golf on Sunday too on that much easier North/South track

hahaha...I think the new Course was easier. damn 83 on Sunday.

Sat AM- What a blessing it was to play with this group. I’ve never played with as skilled of a group as this and they were all as cool as could be. Tadashi, bear4ever, and playdough all have serious game and it was great to watch them all shoot in the 70’s on the new course from the tips. They were very patient with me as I got off to a slow start and were just a joy to get to spend 5 hours with. Playdough was a great room mate all weekend and is just a great golfer and human being. Tadashi was one of the people I was most looking forward to playing with and he didn’t disappoint. Great game and a big heart. He has a way of just making you feel better about yourself. Bear4ever was also a treat to play with. He’s the kind of guy that a young man like me is just drawn to. You can tell he has lived an awesome life and I wish I lived closer as I’d always be trying to catch a round with him.

Sat PM part two- After being totally exhausted and ready for some R and R ddxu, mward, and playdough rolled by ready for hole 37-45. How can a hacker say no to that? None of my rounds this weekend were particularly pretty but this was down right ugly. I think I had two pars and the rest were bogeys or others. All three guys were a blast to play with though and I’m glad I was able to hang with them for a few holes. Mward also talks trash with the best of them and has the game to back it up. Ddxu is also a stud and I look forward to playing with him again sometime.

Great write up! Thanks man. Your are just as good of a person. You got a great head on your shoulders for this sport and have come a long way very quickly. Your slow start I think was nerves more than anything else, but once you got past those, you hit the ball great. That 42 on the back 9 on the New from the tips was pretty impressive. I was honored to call you my room-mate for the weekend. Hope that we can tee it up again sometime. And I'm glad you came out and played that third nine with us, was a great time!

I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard during a round as ours on Sunday. From the moment the Walrus stepped up to the first ball till the final putt dropping it was nothing short of fun.

You hit pretty good on Sunday. While I thought the New Course was easier as well, I enjoyed the North/South more.

I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard during a round as ours on Sunday. From the moment the Walrus stepped up to the first ball till the final putt dropping it was nothing short of fun.

I agree, a farting walrus at that

I don't think I laughed that hard on course all weekend. That was great! The Walrus move to loosen up after the first tee ball was priceless and needed to be caught on video.

Best part was, never once stepped off the shot and reset.... Just set, fart, swing...3 easy steps to better golf...

I don't think I laughed that hard on course all weekend. That was great! The Walrus move to loosen up after the first tee ball was priceless and needed to be caught on video.

Best part was, never once stepped off the shot and reset.... Just set, fart, swing...3 easy steps to better golf...

I'm cracking up right now just thinking about it.

I will say that while I thought the courses have been in better shape (grand cypress), I enjoyed how they played and how diabolical they were at times. I also thought the villa setup added some stuff to the outing (also took some away). Its an interesting thing planning outings.

I will say that while I thought the courses have been in better shape (grand cypress), I enjoyed how they played and how diabolical they were at times. I also thought the villa setup added some stuff to the outing (also took some away). Its an interesting thing planning outings.

I agree on both accounts. I actually really enjoyed the villas, it allowed for saving money that would have been spent in a bar. I know the New Course greens didnt look great but every one of them rolled true.

I was unsure on how the whole Villa part would work out, but I thought it worked out very well. The Villa Crawl was excellent and was a great way of bringing people together for a good time off the course. I thought the greens on the New course looked awful, but considering they were sanded days before, they putted well.

Very diabolical at times. I may have laid up on a Par 4 or two during the North/South round.

The New Course greens rolled MUCH better than they looked. I agree with One-T that I thought the New Course was easier than the North/South/East (or any combination thereof).

Another cool thing is that there was not much wind this weekend but what wind there was you could definitely feel it more on the new course with the lack of trees, etc.

Very, very cool to have 2 completely different styles of golf on the same property.

Back