Status
Not open for further replies.
+8/+5 83

still spraying the ball everywhere
lost a ton of balls today
at least i got a birdie today and hit a bomb drive of 278
too bad i hit it too far and it went right into the creek

37/38 for a 75 (+4)

I played twilight golf at Olde Atlanta. Like a couple of other Canongate clubs, Olde Atlanta is replacing their bent grass greens with bermuda. Step 1 is spraying a poison to kill the bentgrass, which leaves hard, brown greens. But they rolled fast and true, and the front 9 greens were actually fairly receptive to iron shots. I was +3 after 6 holes, and decided to shake things up by playing some different balls. I switched to the Penta TP3, and went par, par, birdie, to finish the front at 37.

Back 9 greens were like granite. parred #10 but bogeyed 11 when my pitching wedge shot, which landed right next to the pin, couldn't hold the green and ran off the back. Double bogeyed 12. TP3 was benched in favor of the Hex Chrome. I promptly went par, par, birdie wiith the Chrome. Hmmm, what was it I didn't like about this ball again? Parred the par 3, 16th, and then birdied the 17th. Three 3's in a row on my card, and 6 for the day! I've never kept track of this, but I'm sure six 3s is a personal record. I tried a "hero" shot on the 18th and wound up with a bogey 6, and I drowned the Chrome that had performed so well for a 5 hole stretch.

My swing is really clicking right now. My only swing thought is to not let my right shoulder come over the top. It probably does anyway, but I'm working on it.

Shot 79 on my home course par 73. A great round for me. My second time breaking 80, 40/39. Birdies on 2 and 10 with a double and some bogeys. Overall a really good striking and putting day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/40/44/44 lol. Yesterday was like the longest day of golf with 41 holes total. I played pretty solid considering this crazy wind and then played in a 9 ball tournament until really late and just missed the win.

Todays round of 39/46 was as simple as running out of gas before the round ended. might take tomorrow off.

Well, thanks for the 'grats, on the 79 but today was another day.
The bunkers ate my lunch today. And I just wasn't hitting greens.
It was also about 145* out there and I scooted back to the blues.

Par544354344363435443543571
Score746375446464655544544288
Fairway
check2.png
check2.png
x_red.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_right_red.png
check2.png
check2.png
57.1%
arrow_left_red.png
check2.png
arrow_right_red.png
arrow_left_red.png
check2.png
check2.png
50%53.8%
Putts2221122121.72222211211.71.7
GIR
x_red.png
check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
11.1%
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
check2.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
x_red.png
check2.png
x_red.png
22.2%16.7%
Penalty Strokes000000000001000000011

Shot 74 in a tournament today.

40-39 79! First time breaking 80!

40/42 = 82

Was +3 with 4 to play and went double, double, bogey, double. That's a choke job right there.

4ac380e0-0dc0-e3ee.jpg

4ac380e0-0dcc-08ab.jpg

Played the Cypress Course at Stonegate

Not a bad course, was in pretty good shape. Just struggled badly to put it together. Very frustrating day because i was striping the ball on the range and felt really comfortable with my swing heading to the first tee.

stonegate_052512.png

+2 37 this morning. Played great, birdied the first, my birdie putt on 4 hit the flag and popped back out, had another birdie putt lip out as well. Putter was on fire today and just hit everything really well. Ended up bogey, bogey on the last 2 holes, o well theres always tomorrow for even or under par lol. Was under par a couple times today but always had a bogey pop up to ruin it hehe.

Well I played yesterday and stunk up the corse, really nice course to. I played Southern Pines CG developed in 1906!! greens where very hard. But I just sucked it up, the worst I have played all year. I need to get my mental game back!!

I shot a 91, my previous best was a 94. The tips I got from the Outing really helped.

I shot a 91, my previous best was a 94. The tips I got from the Outing really helped.

Congrats ripper! That is awesome.

42/42, 84 today.
10 FWs
Only 5 greens.

Actually kept the ball in the fairway from the tee for most of the day.
Putting was terrible, missed everything. That's what happens when I decided to change it up and put the Spider in the bag for a round. SeeMore is back in the bag, effective immediately.

mc526.png

46/45 91 from the tips 6,850 yds. Trust me it wasn't my choice to play from there, but I was the odd man out. My buddies wanted to play fourball so it was a grind. I don't think I ever touched 6-9i on most par 4s measuring 420 - 450yds. My partner carried our team 2&1 for a free beer so that made it a bit more enjoyable.

79 today, left a few out there, but very pleased to break 80 considering how mediocre my iron play was.

Also managed to have only 115 yards into the 450 yard finishing hole -- Easily the closest I've ever been on that hole, and so much easier than hitting it over the water!!

6ac191d8.jpg

Penalties killed me along with a few bad tee balls and completely missing greens.
Screenshot2012-05-27at34944PM.png

Just got back from a great round!!

Had 5 pars and 4 bogeys on the front to shoot 40, made the turn and almost sank a chip for eagle on #10, left a tap in birdie...so I ended up with 6 pars, 2 birdies and a double for 36 on the back for my third time ever breaking 80!! 40/36=76!!

10/13 Fairways
9 GIR (which is really good for me) I also had at least 4 GAIR where I was less than a foot off the green
29 putts 16 on the front and 13 on the back

I was actually 2 under for the back standing on 18 tee box and pulled my drive into a fairway bunker and was so close to the lip I had to go straight sideways to get out and ended up with double.

Playing again tomorrow...hope I didn't use all of my good shots today!

Sweet round TBT!! That's huge based on your GHIN!

Thanks...I have my moments....LOL
I will probably shoot 95 tomorrow to make up for it..that's just the way it goes. :laughing:

Thanks...I have my moments....LOL
I will probably shoot 95 tomorrow to make up for it..that's just the way it goes. :laughing:

hah, I think that's why golf is so addictive..

Did it drop your trend at all putting that score in?

shot my best round of my short 2 year golf career so far. Shot an 88 today and its the first time i have broke 90. The drier courses have helped my game as i am getting more run and its helping my game.

hah, I think that's why golf is so addictive..

Did it drop your trend at all putting that score in?

I am sure it will, my course enters scores for us...so I don't see anything until the update comes out on the 1st.

But I shot 87 yesterday...and 3 mid 80's last week...so I might see a decent size drop in my index

shot my best round of my short 2 year golf career so far. Shot an 88 today and its the first time i have broke 90. The drier courses have helped my game as i am getting more run and its helping my game.

Congrats on the personal best....breaking thos milestones is always exciting!

Shot 92 today. Kind of windy and the course is in the river valley and with the wind direction it was a swirling wind, on the one green it blew in from three different directions while my group was putting.
Tee to green kind of sucked today. Lost more strokes than usual in the fairways. Putting was better. Left my spider at home and took the old blade today and only had one three jack all day. Had a handful of one putts for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back