Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple ponders.
1. Change my wedge setup from 50, 56, 62 to 50, 54, 58. My experimenting with a 6 degree gap has resulted in barely using the 62. I only use it on greenside chips with a tight pin and lately I feel more confident with the putter or hybrid.
2. Drop the 4 iron and pick up a RBZ 4 hybrid. They are so easy to hit. I love my 3 hybrid... and I often find myself saying "Now that's Rocketballz!". :D
i like your thinking, the 4hybrid will be a purchase for me

It's time for me to S*** or get off the pot with the R11 irons. I either need to get serious about reshafting them and letting them fight the J38's for a spot in the bag, or I need to sell them. They are just depreciating sitting in my closet.
It seems you like the j38s so sell the R11s and by some j40 DPC

Hey thanks guys.. I do not have the option to demo.

I currently game a pw (45), 50, and 60 in the SQ Machspeed series and want to get rid of the 50 and 60 and make the switch over to 50, 54, and 58.. I am getting one at a time for the 588s so I dont really have a go to club but I like my 60 and want the 58 for a little added distance.

Is the high bounce 14, low bounce 8, and lob wedge 12? or not?
you will have a 5* gap between your PW and gap. Does this concern you? You'll have to stretch the gap or swing easy on PW when you get to,hose yardages, what ever that is for you.

you will have a 5* gap between your PW and gap. Does this concern you? You'll have to stretch the gap or swing easy on PW when you get to,hose yardages, what ever that is for you.

If he goes 5* gap with his GW from his PW, it would be the same as the MachSpeed set, which is also a 50* GW. The rest of the set at the shorter irons are 4*. I dont think that extra degree will have too much of a gap distance personally.

True, I didn't catch that
If he goes 5* gap with his GW from his PW, it would be the same as the MachSpeed set, which is also a 50* GW. The rest of the set at the shorter irons are 4*. I dont think that extra degree will have too much of a gap distance personally.

1024120.jpg

Whats wrong with that wedge though? Its got a strange spot on it. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm pondering an R9 driver and a couple of Fybrids.

After reading some of the stories in the Adams 12 cutdown thread, I'm contemplating cutting down a PX shaft I have sitting in backup. Anyone know offhand how much length the TM heads (SuperTri in particular) adds to the total length? The shaft I have ready to trim is currently 44.25" from butt to R9 sleeve tip.

Well after my round on Saturday with tequila4kapp I am now ponder a new rangefinder. What?!?! You say?!?! I thought you had a wonderful Bushnell Hybrid rangefinder, pretty much brand new. Well I did. That was until the Marshal came by for about the 6th time in 6 holes and told us we were on the clock (one of the ladies we got paired with was struggling a ton. I don't think she took less than a 10 on any hole and those were probably the par 3s). So, in an effort to speed us up we decided that once one of us finished the hole they should go tee off. So after I was in the hole I picked up and went to tee off, when we remembered that I marked tequilas ball, so I turned around to make sure he knew where his ball was. That is when I heard the other lady in our group scream, I turned just in time to see my push cart rolling into the creek. Well that was it for my rangefinder. I was thoroughly upset with the marshal. I hate slow p,at as much as the next guy, probably more in fact, but there was nothing we could do.

Well after my round on Saturday with tequila4kapp I am now ponder a new rangefinder. What?!?! You say?!?! I thought you had a wonderful Bushnell Hybrid rangefinder, pretty much brand new. Well I did. That was until the Marshal came by for about the 6th time in 6 holes and told us we were on the clock (one of the ladies we got paired with was struggling a ton. I don't think she took less than a 10 on any hole and those were probably the par 3s). So, in an effort to speed us up we decided that once one of us finished the hole they should go tee off. So after I was in the hole I picked up and went to tee off, when we remembered that I marked tequilas ball, so I turned around to make sure he knew where his ball was. That is when I heard the other lady in our group scream, I turned just in time to see my push cart rolling into the creek. Well that was it for my rangefinder. I was thoroughly upset with the marshal. I hate slow p,at as much as the next guy, probably more in fact, but there was nothing we could do.

Oh man, that's awful! Hope you can find a new one soon.

Hey thanks for the advise JB and Freddie.. I am not worried about the distance as I don't know how long I will be gaming them..

Is a 45 or 46 or something else standard for a typical Pw in an iron set?

Sent from my iPhone

Man that is just awful Doc, I'd be happy to send you my Bushnell that you got for me though. Now that its no longer cart path only I have the GPS on the cart that I can use and it is very accurate.

Man that is just awful Doc, I'd be happy to send you my Bushnell that you got for me though. Now that its no longer cart path only I have the GPS on the cart that I can use and it is very accurate.

That is an incredible offer CB, but I would never ask you to do that. You are awesome for offering.

That is an incredible offer CB, but I would never ask you to do that. You are awesome for offering.
Keep it in mind man, we know how expensive they are.

Dang Teeth that really sucks. I am so sorry to hear that man. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Doc that sucks....it's even worse that the brake failed on the cart. I'd be talking to the course about a new range finder.

I'm pretty sure I will be putting with a White Hot XG #7 putter by the end of the day. They are on sale right now brand new for cheap at a store here, and I have a butt extender here that I can add an inch to the club with and then install a Winn Jumbo Lite putter grip on.

Doc that sucks....it's even worse that the brake failed on the cart. I'd be talking to the course about a new range finder.

I will be calling the people at Pumpkin today. They had all left by the time we finished.

I'm pretty sure I will be putting with a White Hot XG #7 putter by the end of the day. They are on sale right now brand new for cheap at a store here, and I have a butt extender here that I can add an inch to the club with and then install a Winn Jumbo Lite putter grip on.

Very nice!! Better see you in the what did you buy today thread, today.

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back