JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So I conducted a little survey that finished up today with all 491 people in my outlook contacts. Almost all are golfers and more than 100 of them work in the golf industry in some capacity. Do you know that out of 491 people less than 30 knew the names of more than 2 of the LPGA majors. It shocked me. We hope that THP can change that.

So I conducted a little survey that finished up today with all 491 people in my outlook contacts. Almost all are golfers and more than 100 of them work in the golf industry in some capacity. Do you know that out of 491 people less than 30 knew the names of more than 2 of the LPGA majors. It shocked me. We hope that THP can change that.

Geez--US Open and British Open. Then you only need one more.

You need to add me to your outlook, JB!

Kraft-Nabisco!!!!

Duh. And the McDonalds. JB, did they know about the Solheim Cup?

Spoiler
Okay, I couldn't name a Champions Tour major if my life depended on it.

Duh. And the McDonalds. JB, did they know about the Solheim Cup?

Spoiler
Okay, I couldn't name a Champions Tour major if my life depended on it.

How about the US Senior Open? Or the Senior British Open? :smile:

• Admin
That was the point 907, they need some rebranding. Nobody outside of diehards knows that the Kraft Nabisco is a major.

ooh! oh! I can name 3! :call-me:

That was the point 907, they need some rebranding. Nobody outside of diehards knows that the Kraft Nabisco is a major.

And you wouldn't know it from the website, the advertising...

I know I've said it before, but I could do a better job as marketing than this. And I'm a math nerd.

Majors shouldn't have title sponsors. Sponsors are too transitory. The reason no one knows the Kraft-Nabisco is a major is because it used to be (and still should be) "The Dinah."

I know Bivens took a lot a heat for it, but I think taking back the LPGA Championship from McDonalds was an extremely good idea for branding purposes.

And I know I'm not the typical golf viewer, but I knew all four of the majors.

Back