Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

I tossed and turned on this all night and woke up today and contacted my Tour Rep who was nice enough to take care of the switch even after the order was sent. I'm going PX Flighted in 6.0 instead of 5.5. I have 6.0 now and just couldn't stop thinking I needed to stick with that shaft because I really do like it. The reason I thought of going 5.5 was because the J40 Cavity Back I used at the THP demo had a 5.5 in it and while I liked it and it worked well I just couldn't be 100% sure if that was the right call or not. Now with my 6.0 order in I know the shafts will perform just like I'm used to and I feel like I'm making a wise choice.

A special thanks goes otu to our Tour Rep for putting up with me!

Why is everybody going up a stiffness and flighting it? For weight?

I had been nervous for the last few weeks about making sure I had the right shafts but after placing the order I slept like a baby. Glad to hear GG was able to make the change for you and hopfully you will get a full nights sleep tonight Puttin4SecondGuessing.

I took a pic of myself for Bridgestone, I wonder what will happen with it?

Oh man I can't wait to see pictures of these bad boys when they come in.. I like the different shafts

I was actually going to be going down in stiffness if my order was not changed. I have 6.0 now and my initial order was for 5.5 but I decided to go with what I know.

I took a pic of myself for Bridgestone, I wonder what will happen with it?
Good question buddy, I am pretty sure they all came out amazing. I actually got to see yours too...Bridgestone probably has you on billboards all over Covington, GA.

Smart move, Jakester. I predict good things for us with those irons in your bag.

I was actually going to be going down in stiffness if my order was not changed. I have 6.0 now and my initial order was for 5.5 but I decided to go with what I know.

Why did you go flighted with the additional stiffness? Would the 5.5 have the same ball flight as the 6.0 Flighted?

The flighted shaft is the stock offering and I went with the 5.5 over the 5.0 because of the success I saw with it via the Pay it Forward opportunity and also hitting War Eagle's in Florida. Was seeing better dispersion out of the 5.5 over the 5.0.

Why did you go flighted with the additional stiffness? Would the 5.5 have the same ball flight as the 6.0 Flighted?
What Cookie says on the Flighted being the stock shaft. I could have tinkered around a bit but in my opinion the R&D folks at Bridgestone are smarter than me so they paired their irons with the best shaft available, all I had to do was get the flex I needed and I am set.

The flighted shaft is the stock offering and I went with the 5.5 over the 5.0 because of the success I saw with it via the Pay it Forward opportunity and also hitting War Eagle's in Florida. Was seeing better dispersion out of the 5.5 over the 5.0.

What Cookie says on the Flighted being the stock shaft. I could have tinkered around a bit but in my opinion the R&D folks at Bridgestone are smarter than me so they paired their irons with the best shaft available, all I had to do was get the flex I needed and I am set.

I get it now. Thanks guys for the explanations.

Also Grant, its kinda debatable but the Flighted plays a little softer than the Non flighted PX. True Temper has it listed in a diagram somewhere and you kinda feel the difference in the longer iron shafts. But as Jake said,its more for comfort for him.

Got an email this morning telling me to expect a delivery tomorrow. I'm guessing it's going to be the Fairway and Hybrids I ordered. Can't wait for them to get in.

Got an email this morning telling me to expect a delivery tomorrow. I'm guessing it's going to be the Fairway and Hybrids I ordered. Can't wait for them to get in.

Very nice, looking forward to seeing them in hand!!

Don't know how many times I told Jman, JB, and GG this weekend: I CAN'T WAIT to have the DPC's in hand. I think they are just what the doctor ordered for me - I have never had a set of clubs that are fit to me that I think are the exact blend of what I need in an iron....until now!

I got the same e-mail! Can't wait to get these on the course.

Congrats guys, can't wait to see the unboxing videos!

That's a nice Monday morning email right there.

I finally get to be at home for 2 weeks and I look forward to playing my bridgestone stuff more. These clubs are turning heads at the course.

Pretty sound logic there P4Simplicity !

Pretty sound logic there P4Simplicity !

that's an epic chunkyresponse right there! Quote from 2 1/2 weeks ago FTW!!! hehe

Some updated pictures of my Morgan Cup bag. Can't thank Bridgestone and THP enough for this opportunity of a lifetime!

7c33c625.jpg
03bf3558.jpg
1617173b.jpg

Looking great so far Erik! Tell you what, that Betti head cover looks phenomenal in the bag as well - it blends extremely well with everything. I like....a lot.

Looking great so far Erik! Tell you what, that Betti head cover looks phenomenal in the bag as well - it blends extremely well with everything. I like....a lot.

Thanks. It was nice of Bettinardi to hook me up the black and silver one. It looks even better in person.

Back