2nd
3rd
Overall
2nd
4th
5th
1st
3rd

All ties were determined with a long distance putt-out. These balls were tested on carpet, soon I will test on the greens of my golf course. Discuss.

Can you explain a little bit more?
How were the testings done?
What made you go with these balls since they are so different in materials and compression?
How many balls were hit?

Can you explain a little bit more?
How were the testings done?
What made you go with these balls since they are so different in materials and compression?
How many balls were hit?

1. I hit 10 balls for each category with each ball.
2.These are the best that I have in my bag (Junior Golfer).
3. I only tested those. I think I'll test some more if people find this helpful.

Thanks JB, for responding to my first ever post.:clapp:

Anytime dude. Glad to have you on board.

Next to test these out with my TM R5 Driver. I have used the Callaway HX Diablo, and its long and straight, but not so good putting.

If anyone has any advice on new tests or balls to try out, I'll try to get one. Looks like I'll be using the Nike PD Long For my putting.

I'm interested what you find. I have never noticed a difference between golf balls and my putter. Hope you find something you like.

I'm interested what you find. I have never noticed a difference between golf balls and my putter. Hope you find something you like.

I have too, and have read the reviews on most major balls. They are true, especially for the HX I tried. Way too much roll. What do you think?

I have too, and have read the reviews on most major balls. They are true, especially for the HX I tried. Way too much roll. What do you think?

I have yet to tell a difference off of my putter. I think you could put down 9 s of one model, and 1 of another and I don't know if could tell which was which. Full swings are a different story. But if you can give some subjective insight with the putter, please do and add to the forum.

I forgot to mention I have an old Odyssey Two-Ball putter. I tried the Metal X (amazing putter). Better feel. For me, It's all about feel with my putter. One way to tell it to do 10 foot putts on your carpet and see which one feels different. Also, make sure you know which ball you are putting with to build your confidence.

Sounds like you're the right man for this endevour. My answer would be "they all feel the same." Good luck with this test.

Sounds like you're the right man for this endevour. My answer would be "they all feel the same." Good luck with this test.

I would have tested the Penta Tp, but I lost that one. Another day, here I come Ebay!

If anyone has any advice on new tests or balls to try out, I'll try to get one. Looks like I'll be using the Nike PD Long For my putting.

That would mean using this ball full time. You can't switch balls on the green.

Hmm, It did sound like I was implying that I will only use it on the green. If I don't like how it plays off the green, then I'll switch to the Pro V1. I don't have a lot of money (Junior Golfer) but maybe I could find some. I have a bout 5 at the moment.

Have you ever tried the Bridgestone Bfit program? It's linked at the top of the page. It may be really helpful.

how did you determine if the accuracy of the balls was due to the design of the balls or due to variations in your own putting stroke?

how did you determine if the accuracy of the balls was due to the design of the balls or due to variations in your own putting stroke?

I tested each ball separately, as to iron out (or putt out) the subtle changes every time in my stroke. Which ever one I liked/performed the best, I listed as such. I guess the nike ball won because of the really small dimples.

@blugold
I have been fit before by Bridgestone in Myrtle Beach. They recommended the e6. It sucked. I tried it out on the course, insta-slice (bigger than a banana) and landed it on the other fairway. So I don't like them any more. The B330-RX were pretty good.

Try and find deals in your local golf store for balls, they usually have some sort of sale on no matter what time of year it is. Also you can't really judge a ball by one shot, and the e6 is a low spinning ball, especially off the tee, so I don't think it was the balls fault.

I'm going to be frank here. You are not going to notice that much difference in balls when you putt. If a ball is a little harder or softer it will give you a little bit of a different feel and may come of from the face a little or less hotter. As far as accuracy there is no way one ball will be more accurate than another. BTW the e6 is a great ball. It's not the ball that makes you slicing especaially considering that is an extremely low spinning tee ball.

CM is right. The only way a ball could truly be more accurate when putting is if either a) you purposely putted better with one to make it look more accurate or b) you put powerful magnets in the core of the ball and the bottom of the cup. Really feel and a small amount of ball speed deviation is all the difference you will see when putting.

The e6 is like the straightest ball off the tee I've ever played, and it plays similar for the overwhelming majority of other people I've seen use it. If you had a huge slice with it then it is going to be a swing flaw, not the ball.

Maybe I skimmed, but what putter were you using?

~Rock

CM is right. The only way a ball could truly be more accurate when putting is if either a) you purposely putted better with one to make it look more accurate or b) you put powerful magnets in the core of the ball and the bottom of the cup. Really feel and a small amount of ball speed deviation is all the difference you will see when putting.

The e6 is like the straightest ball off the tee I've ever played, and it plays similar for the overwhelming majority of other people I've seen use it. If you had a huge slice with it then it is going to be a swing flaw, not the ball.

Agreed. The e6 is by far the straightest ball I have ever played and is the ball BStone fitted me for. I stray away from it every so often to try other balls but none so far have been able to beat it. The only drawback to the e6 is the lack of being able to make it hop and stop on approach shots into the greens for me.

I have tried the Callaway Diablo HX, which was very straight. The e6 just wasn't good for me.
@McRock - Odyssey Two-Ball.

That would mean using this ball full time. You can't switch balls on the green.

Hah! Unless I'm playing in a tournament, which is very seldom, tell me I can't do that. I'll prove ya wrong.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Hah! Unless I'm playing in a tournament, which is very seldom, tell me I can't do that. I'll prove ya wrong.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You have a GHIN handicap I see. You're welcome to use whatever ball you want on the green, but don't submit the score then.

Back