What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45/45 6 fairways 36 putts
the wind was a study 15 miles hr.

Bookend doubles on front along with birdies on 3, 5 and 8 for a +1-37. Missed good looks at birdie on 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 for a back side +2-38 for a +5-75.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Played final round in williamsburg yesterday, shot 44 41
Played well off tee and putting. Still had a few thin irons and wedges but happy with score

What a difference a day makes..after yesterday disastrous 99 I returned to my normal course and tees. On a side note I have a set of PING Rapture V2 irons that I hadn't played in over a year. I was considering trading them so I took them out today just see how they felt. Well wouldn't you know they still felt great. I had forgotten just how good. Ball striking and short game was good and the Mashie hybrids were awesome. Even my putting was good today. Shot 40/43 from my normal tees. The 83 was my second best round ever.

The forgiveness of the sticks is stellar and just what needed after yesterday and perhaps should bag them for a while longer. The Cleveland Classic was straight and long with only a couple of mishits. Even played my nemesis par 5 hole at bogey. Had two doubles but that didnt bother too much. This was one if those rare days when everything came together. What a game!

TapAhoy!

First full day out with the Callaway Forged irons. Shot a 80 (39/41). Only had 33% GIRs, 54% FIR and 30 putts. I put the Seemore back in the bag and putted great. Nice quick greens at the course too.

Tapatalkin

So this weekend had it's ups and downs.

Saturday, shot 36, then a 46

Sunday, shot a 36, then a 43.

All rounds on the par 35 home course for me. Solid, steady putting on the 36's, terrible putting on the other scores. 2 birdies on each of the 36's. Finally hitting the greens on the par 3's, but problems with the driver is giving me either a massive drive down the middle, or a menacing hook. Oh well. Thats golf.

Really need to work on my fitness level in general, my pulse is going nutso on me at times..... I figure the higher scores are a combination of over-confidence and growing fatigue.

First full day out with the Callaway Forged irons. Shot a 80 (39/41). Only had 33% GIRs, 54% FIR and 30 putts. I put the Seemore back in the bag and putted great. Nice quick greens at the course too.

Tapatalkin

Very nice round grant! You have a great game already and it sounds like these sticks are a good match.

Bunch of other good scores too. Dean love the 36 holes today. Esox, you're a beast. Nuff said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Very nice round grant! You have a great game already and it sounds like these sticks are a good match.

Bunch of other good scores too. Dean love the 36 holes today. Esox, you're a beast. Nuff said.

Thanks man. They help me focus a lot more. I think that is a better thing for me. I did have a few bad shots, but that can be fixed with some range time.

Tapatalkin

Thanks man. They help me focus a lot more. I think that is a better thing for me. I did have a few bad shots, but that can be fixed with some range time.

Tapatalkin

Agreed Grant. You have the game for those and its just a matter of getting the kinks worked out.

Played Southern Pines GC and shot another horrible round of golf, in all fairness I'm working on a completely different swing. Rome wasn't built in a day!!
Oh yeah shot a 103, with playing two extra holes by that I mean I had a ten on a Par 5 and a six on a par 3.

Beat my personal best today with a 39 (+3)/33 (-2) for a 72 (+1). Could have been a 69, but I missed an 8 foot eagle putt (and the 2-3 foot birdie putt that followed) and then missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the next hole. What sucks the most was I was stuck behind the slowest 2 people ever for the entire front 9, slow play kills my game, and despite my best putting round ever I missed the eagle and two birdie putts. Oh well, I am so happy right now.

Played Southern Pines GC and shot another horrible round of golf, in all fairness I'm working on a completely different swing. Rome wasn't built in a day!!
Oh yeah shot a 103, with playing two extra holes by that I mean I had a ten on a Par 5 and a six on a par 3.

That is a tough track. Donald Ross did a real number when he built that course. They are some of the toughest greens I have ever played.

Tapatalkin

shot a 47, but felt like I shot it much better, in certain areas. Had a couple great tee shots, including 2 300+ yd drives, and one that was 275. Had some great short shots as well, I've just got to get to where I can put it all together, and I really need to work on my iron game.

Beat my personal best today with a 39 (+3)/33 (-2) for a 72 (+1). Could have been a 69, but I missed an 8 foot eagle putt (and the 2-3 foot birdie putt that followed) and then missed a 3 foot birdie putt on the next hole. What sucks the most was I was stuck behind the slowest 2 people ever for the entire front 9, slow play kills my game, and despite my best putting round ever I missed the eagle and two birdie putts. Oh well, I am so happy right now.

Great round, but your post made me chuckle. Slow play killed your game to the point of your best round ever.

Kevin

Great round, but your post made me chuckle. Slow play killed your game to the point of your best round ever.

Kevin

LOL, I meant it's affect on the front 9. Plus that was my way of making myself feel better for my putting coming apart.

I struggled a bit today but I'm starting to really get what Freddie helped me with. The thing is the ball is going completely opposite of the fade I've played for the last 3 years. Freddie said my miss will be left and long for a while and he's spot on, just gotta trust it. All said it was an 82 (+11). Once I get this all dialed in I know it will make me a much better player. I am excited with the ball striking, just hard adjusting to hitting a draw, it's been a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice round Jake, keep up the work, we all know change is tough and kudos to you for keeping with it.

Shot an awful 84. I was able to get off the tee better today but just not as straight as I'd like. I just think I am not focused enough when I'm playing and just get lazy

I struggled a bit today but I'm starting to really get what Freddie helped me with. The thing is the ball is going completely opposite of the fade I've played for the last 3 years. Freddie said my miss will be left and long for a while and he's spot on, just gotta trust it. All said it was an 82 (+11). Once I get this all dialed in I know it will make me a much better player. I am excited with the ball striking, just hard adjusting to hitting a draw, it's been a while!

I understand that dude. I had a nice draw with my last shaft. Now I have either a straight ball or a slight fade with my newer one. I am still aiming for the draw naturally. That doesn't work out for fade. I am sure it is the same with your draw, but opposite.

39/36 for a 75(+4)

Last few rounds I have really tanked in the closing holes. Today was completely opposite. I started out wishing I had put in some range time before teeing off: after 5 holes I was +3, had only 1 GIR, and just wasn't hitting shots from the fairway well at all. The 6th hole started with a 275 yard drive down the middle of the fairway, and I was off: Hit 11 of the last 13 greens and played +1 the rest of the way. Got no birdies out of my 12 GIRs....but none of the balls were particularly close to the pin. A couple of birdie putts looked in the hole on the way by, but most of them were really just lag putts. I'm not hitting the ball as well as I was a week ago, but its nice when you can hit fairways and greens even when you're having an off day.

I had a pretty poor round today. I struck the ball decently on the front, but could not buy a break. If I landed within 10 feet of a bunker, it was going to find a way to roll in. It was just one of those days when nothing would go right. I ended up with a 46 on the front. I went to the back and my ball striking was just piss poor, but I caught better breaks and shot a 43. Golf is weird sometimes.

I hit 6 FW's, 5 greens, 32 putts and seemingly 47 sand shots for an 89.

I understand that dude. I had a nice draw with my last shaft. Now I have either a straight ball or a slight fade with my newer one. I am still aiming for the draw naturally. That doesn't work out for fade. I am sure it is the same with your draw, but opposite.

One of the reasons I had to break up with my Cleveland Classic was I just couldn't get used to the left to right shots. I don't mind playing a fade on holes that demand it, but the constant fade/slice just wasn't something I could take. Particularly since all my other clubs hit draws.

45/44 for an 89, blew on a few holes but overall a decent day.

One of the reasons I had to break up with my Cleveland Classic was I just couldn't get used to the left to right shots. I don't mind playing a fade on holes that demand it, but the constant fade/slice just wasn't something I could take. Particularly since all my other clubs hit draws.

Nothing wrong with that Rusty, all about what gives the most confidence. I'm the opposite, I love the classic because it's helping eliminate the left side for me, and that is HUGE for me.

Another illustration of why the game is great! What's great for one isn't for everyone, gotta love it!

Nothing wrong with that Rusty, all about what gives the most confidence. I'm the opposite, I love the classic because it's helping eliminate the left side for me, and that is HUGE for me.

Another illustration of why the game is great! What's great for one isn't for everyone, gotta love it!

I didn't think it would be a big deal...in fact, when I first started playing with the Classic I was excited that I was hitting a nice high fade. But, I spent many, many years fighting a slice, and seeing the Classic hit balls that consistently turn left just started eating away at me until I couldn't keep the ball in the fairway anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back