Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Just got caught up on this thread after being away for a while and I just wanted to say that you testers are doing an amazing job, and really have me pondering these irons even though I have a new set on the way.

There is so much great info in this thread, I'm sure there are a ton of lurkers out there who now own i20's because of your great work. Keep it up.

Just got caught up on this thread after being away for a while and I just wanted to say that you testers are doing an amazing job, and really have me pondering these irons even though I have a new set on the way.

There is so much great info in this thread, I'm sure there are a ton of lurkers out there who now own i20's because of your great work. Keep it up.

Lofty words Breezy! I know I surely appreciate it and I know Griff and Dave do too!

I also like you having a tiny bit of PING lust...hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got word that my corrected order for my irons is going to be shipping in the next few days and hopefully I will have it next week! I can't wait!

Great score Griff! Nice detailed write-up.

Still loving my i20's. I have to admit that it took some time to get used to the whole set, but it's working out great.
After hitting them a few times I was a bit worried about the wear. But now, after 3 months, it turns out that it's not to bad after all.

Thanks man. I agree about the wear. They wore quickly at first and I haven't seen much change since.

I've heard in the past that it is really hard to change the lie on a ping iron properly. Is this still true with the i20's? Should I just send them back to Ping? It would probably cost $60 round trip to send them back to ping and would be without them for about 2 weeks or so.

Yeahm just send em to Ping. They'll even change the dot color on the iron.

Im kinda bummed.... I'm really starting to get comfortable with the Modus and i20 combo. Now that I didnt order modus shafts. While Im not seeing a good amount of distance... man are they consistent. Great write ups everyone.

Thanks Yoccos. That's what I love about the i20s, consistnecy. I haven't seen any of the distance gains some users have seen. Don't really care about that, ya know? My gaps are good and I have confidence hitting anything at any time.

Dude, well worth it IMO if you are gonna get more out of them being properly adjusted.

Just shot 80. With two doubles and a QUAD in sequence the 6th, 7th, and 8th holes. WTFunkygolf? The short story is I hit singular tiny tree branches with a few shots, like one in a thousand happenings.

When I first started golfing I was told trees are 90% error. I think it's closer to 99.99%. Sounds like a great round Jman.

Thanks CB. Lot of work yes, but totally worth the time.

Griff: that was a really good review from last night. I liked how you described the seamless transition from irons to wedges, I think that is something that we all seek - consistent feel throughout a set.

Congrats on the 34 and getting revenge!

Thanks Cookster! Was a sweet round.

Dude, well worth it IMO if you are gonna get more out of them being properly adjusted.

Just shot 80. With two doubles and a QUAD in sequence the 6th, 7th, and 8th holes. WTFunkygolf? The short story is I hit singular tiny tree branches with a few shots, like one in a thousand happenings.

Hey, you're not even allowed to take a quad so I hope that's not on the scorecard!!! One man's trash is another man's treasure, and I'd sure treasure that 80 if you're giving it away...

Nice to be able to say you had a bad round at 80, eh?

Hey, you're not even allowed to take a quad so I hope that's not on the scorecard!!! One man's trash is another man's treasure, and I'd sure treasure that 80 if you're giving it away...

Nice to be able to say you had a bad round at 80, eh?

Oh its beyond nice man. I put up +8 in 3 holes in a row and didn't bat an eye because I KNEW I could and would get a couple back on the turn. It's crazy to think that way.

teeing up the i20's with FrankA tomorrow, should be fun. Will try to get some videos

By the way, quick snippet.

3i off the tee is AMAZING for me. Off the deck is pretty good too. I'm still trying to think of how to put my thoughts on the CFS in words.

I'm waiting for your CFS thoughts Jman

When I first started golfing I was told trees are 90% error. I think it's closer to 99.99%.

Dude trees are 100% error. You are never supposed to hit trees

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm waiting for your CFS thoughts Jman

Dude, I'm trying. I really think I need to install the 8i shaft so I can see the flight better than the 3i. I like the weight, I LOVE the feel, I'm just concerned about the flight.

For just having a 3i with CFS, I'm pretty impressed considering.

Dude, I'm trying. I really think I need to install the 8i shaft so I can see the flight better than the 3i. I like the weight, I LOVE the feel, I'm just concerned about the flight.

For just having a 3i with CFS, I'm pretty impressed considering.

Does it look high? I had this concern as well but it doesn't balloon at all. At least for me.

Are you afraid they'll flight too high?

Does it look high? I had this concern as well but it doesn't balloon at all. At least for me.

Same. I don't mind high as long as I am seeing the distance I'm seeing.

Same. I don't mind high as long as I am seeing the distance I'm seeing.

Yah I was worried about this as well but when I demo'd them I was in a 20 mph wind hurting from the right and the ball flew far and true. It did look really high though to the naked eye.

I hit a 5 iron from 192 into a breeze today that was awesome. What's nice is that I can flight these low if I want to.

That's pretty stout.

It was effortless. Point is, I shouldn't be able to do that. I'm a high ball hitter. But this combo just works great for me.

JRod, the 3i just isn't the best to judge it on I think.

Yeah TC, I'm concerned about too high, the CT's have been bliss in the crazy Oklahoma winds, the high shot in the wind is what worries me. Also, I'm hitting the CT's longer than I ever have each time out. I just don't know.

I need to install the 8i I think, I really do.

Just wait dude. Wait Neil your golf season is winding down. You're in good form, just keep playing with the set up you have now.

Just wait dude. Wait Neil your golf season is winding down. You're in good form, just keep playing with the set up you have now.

I hear ya man. I'm just naturally so dang curious dude!

Dude trees are 100% error. You are never supposed to hit trees

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was a little worried about where he was playing if there is a chance a tree will run out into a fairway and hit a ball.

Back