Boccieri Forum Testing Review Thread

Here's a pic with the headcover on:
430422ef-fbc8-d648.jpg

And:
430422ef-fbe1-62aa.jpg

If the consesus is to leave the headcover on, then I will. I don't want to make waves.

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to butt in. Test it how you want to man. This is your testing. Have some fun with it

If the consesus is to leave the headcover on, then I will. I don't want to make waves.

Caught up on the thread this am. You guys are off to a flying start and I look forward to following your testing.

blugold, I don't see how your changing the h/c will affect testing at all, if you want to change it then do. I am not a fan of zippered h/c's at all.

I'm sorry if I came off as trying to butt in. Test it how you want to man. This is your testing. Have some fun with it

No harm done. You brought a perspective I hadn't thought of with the headcover. I just really like the THP headcover.

The headcover is pretty ugly, but it always seemed easy to get on/off and it's been durable for me over the last year.

Thanks Frank for the response. I'm glad this fits in with what you've been working on, that is key.

Caught up on the thread this am. You guys are off to a flying start and I look forward to following your testing.

blugold, I don't see how your changing the h/c will affect testing at all, if you want to change it then do. I am not a fan of zippered h/c's at all.

It's up to Kmod.

Not liking the headcover sounds like valid feedback

Frank how is the turf interaction? I sole looks a Loire flat and free of rails or grooved. I imagine it's a pretty some delivery.
If you get a chance I'd love to hear how this performs our of the rough

I dont think we really need to make a big deal about the headcover, like Tadashi says you dont hit the ball with it on BUT I do feel as though the headcover, grip, shaft and all are part of testing an OEM club. My opinion is to test them out and even wear them out real good before looking to replace anything. And when you do lets not make it the focus of too much discussion as it was not part of the original club test. And if its something that bothers you by all means report back on it and what your opinion is of it.

I'm liking what I see here. Very similar to some comments on hybrids and FW woods given last year by a select few testers. Consistency consistency consistency. Seems to be said over and over about these clubs.

Another question, kind of a two parter. How is it getting the ball into the air compared to similar clubs? Is it weighted at the bottom to pop it up, or is it standard weight distribution in the head? Also, how about the spin/rollout?

~Rock

Well, seeing as how I can never experience actual performance, I have to be particular about aesthetics. Didn't mean to derail the thread, but it's funny that my criticism can create some chatter.

Well, seeing as how I can never experience actual performance, I have to be particular about aesthetics. Didn't mean to derail the thread, but it's funny that my criticism can create some chatter.

No way man, it's a valid criticism. We as golfers tend to be very conscience on appearance. The club has to work well, but also look good at address and in the bag.

No way man, it's a valid criticism. We as golfers tend to be very conscience on appearance. The club has to work well, but also look good at address and in the bag.

I agree with you, although some seem to disagree.

Hideous headcover.

TC = Needle Mover

I'm not a fan of the headcover either but that can easily be replaced if purchased. We talk about headcovers in the reviews we do for the home page so why not mention them, good or bad, in a forum testing thread?

Like I said earlier, it isn't the worst headcover I have ever experienced but it does leave a little to be desired from the personality standpoint.

I agree with you, although some seem to disagree.

When in Rome.

TC = Needle Mover

I'm not a fan of the headcover either but that can easily be replaced if purchased. We talk about headcovers in the reviews we do for the home page so why not mention them, good or bad, in a forum testing thread?

Boom! Again, I agree. Just looks to me like Boccieri Rickie'd it when it came to making a headcover look somewhat appealing. As for me, I'm a OEM headcover guy. So I'd rather it look good than function well.

To me the only part they botched on was making it twice as long as it needs to be. Otherwise I like the color scheme and the zipper feature is really easy to use as far as taking it on and off.. Will be interested to see if it fades from the few hours of sun it sees like mentioned earlier.

Valid, yes and part of testing. So Is getting the name of the company out there in the open and generating conversation. Having a gator head cover does nothing for the company underneath. That is why I think the head cover should be left on until testing is over.

I can't wait to hit Frank's 5w today. These have me intrigued

Valid, yes and part of testing. So Is getting the name of the company out there in the open and generating conversation. Having a gator head cover does nothing for the company underneath. That is why I think the head cover should be left on until testing is over.

I will leave it on, but that wasn't my point. My point was that the headcover is a valid aspect of this testing. At least I didn't change the grip because I thought it was too heavy....... :alien:

I just got done at the driving range. I hit 30 balls with the Heavy Wood. That sound you may have heard 40 minutes ago was my mind being blown.

Further details to come.

I like to hear that. It was a shocker for me the first time I hit it.

I just got done at the driving range. I hit 30 balls with the Heavy Wood. That sound you may have heard 40 minutes ago was my mind being blown.

Further details to come.

Ha, I love teasers like this. Looking forward to the write up!

Further details to come.

Nice!! That's how I felt after my first range session with the Heavy 3W last year! Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

Back