CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

Out for the day, however I did get a chance to get to my local shop and pick up a spike wrench. I promptly installed my stingers in my shoes in the parking lot, lol.

Before and after:
425750b7-eb14-2ab4.jpg

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

BAM!!!! Double CHAMP Testing on Saturday! glad we got both kinds we can compare during the round!

BAM!!!! Double CHAMP Testing on Saturday! glad we got both kinds we can compare during the round!

Will be interested to see what you guys think of each. JN your shoes look much better now lol, those were pretty worn down man.

the mrs called and said my package has arrived, will post pics when I get back in town Monday

My spikes arrived today. I will have my initial thoughts and photos tonight. They seems very cushiony.

I changed out my spikes earlier, video will follow. I was very impressed with these spikes
I will try to test them out on the green ASAP and on a round later this week. I am looking forward to seeing the difference in stability with these things
Before:
7163912205_73509ed601.jpg

7349124348_6cb6c80d5b.jpg

7349124752_582aea081f.jpg

Side view

Note the hidden guitar strings lol
7349125516_2b14499868.jpg

After:
7349125998_5d48772118.jpg

On my way to walk 9 holes and Fedex pulls up with a box from Champ. The Zarma spikes are installed in the shoes and I am now off to the course. I will have a full report in a few hours.

nice chewie looking forward to your review glad they got there in time.

Good stuff so far guys! I've been walking a lot lately, so I'm interested to hear if the Zarmas are more comfortable for walking.

Good stuff so far guys! I've been walking a lot lately, so I'm interested to hear if the Zarmas are more comfortable for walking.

This for me too. I walk pretty much all of my rounds and I'm curious to see if spikes actually can make a difference in comfort.

Looking forward to your info Chewie.

I'm really liking the feel of these on the shoe itself, although they look tough they are quite cushiony, I feel like they are ideal for digging into the ground in hard ground. At red hawk golf course here in town the grounds are so hard you can barely put a tee in the ground correctly but these things help up nicely and I wasn't slipping at all

7164464243_458eeb5fba.jpg

Well my package arrived today too. Here are a few pics of the Champ Zarma spikes.

Spoiler
Here is what I found in the box.
100_0953.jpg

Spoiler
Close up of the Zarma spikes & my old spike choice, yep that is a CHAMP Stinger :D
100_0955.jpg

Spoiler
The Footjoy SYNR-G before changing out the old Stingers
100_0959.jpg

Spoiler
After changing of with the Zarmas
100_0962.jpg

Spoiler
Side view of the two type of spikes, I was surprised that the Zarma is taller than the Stinger
100_0961.jpg

I was pretty surprised at the finding in the last photo, I would have thought just the opposite to be true. I did find it a little troublesome with one of the spikes as I could not get it to give me the last click that lets me know the spike is fully seated, that could be either the shoe or the spike, not sure on that but if it does work its way out I will try another to see if it will give me the familar "seating" click that I have come to know with CHAMP spikes.

I will get these out on the course tomorrow and give my initial thoughts of on course interaction. I am very happy to see that CHAMP is continuing the option of either yellow or white in their new offerings. Thank you THP & CHAMP for this testing opportunity, I really appreciate your vote of confidence and promise my truthful observations.

Last edited:
Played 18 today with the new Scorpion spikes and I have to admit they seemed much better then the old spikes. The shoes seemed much more stable and even a bit more cushioned too. I wasn't sure if I'd really notice much difference but I sure did. I actually think they made a very noticeable difference. Here is a picture of the shoes after one round. Of course I walked. From the cart to my ball.

c6e4c99e-2c6b-3201.jpg

Guys, the reason I haven't posted pics is because my memory card is over at a friends apparently. I will be heading over there tonight, so I will have pictures in the morning. Will have a writeup tomorrow and a full round on Saturday.

Just got my spikes in today and I gotta say that the bag they sent the items in is much nicer than the pictures do justice. I will be using this pouch to hold all of my ball markers, divot tools, spike tool, and extra spikes. I want to thank Champ also for the opportunity to try out the Fly tee. I am a big proponent of using reusable tees as I like to keep them in my pocket and not having to haul around 18 is very nice.

Here are a couple of pictures.

2012-06-07_17-33-20_242.jpg

2012-06-07_17-34-45_622.jpg

2012-06-07_17-37-55_58.jpg

Initial thoughts:

I have used Champ spikes in most of my shoes and they work wonderful. I have never had problems with them unlocking and coming out like I have with other spike brands. Nothing is worse when you start walking and you realize something isn't right, only to realize you've lost a spike. These feel extremely durable and I'm excited to have them installed tomorrow before a range session and 36 holes this weekend.

Again thank you to both Champ and THP for this opportunity to try out an often overlooked piece of equipment. I know for a fact good spikes make a big difference. Hopefully these will perform as well as previous Champ spikes I have used.

First review video is rendering as I type...It will be up shortly...So far these zarma spikes have exceeded expectations just in feel out of the box!

Nice Buck! I'm now pondering the Zarma's. But the Scorpion's have me intrigued as well with the longer 3 prong's. May have to buy both and try them out. Great reviews guy's.

First review video is rendering as I type...It will be up shortly...So far these zarma spikes have exceeded expectations just in feel out of the box!

Looking forward to seeing what you put together there buddy.

I was on my way to the course when Fedex pulled up with a box labeled Champ, so of course I had to switch the spikes in my shoes. Here is what arrived in my box:

7349842766_bc1ae1048e.jpg

7349842910_bc3d4e28b5.jpg

My old spike in my FJ Sports was the Softspikes Pulsar. Here are pics of the difference between the two:

7349843074_c49f5d6223.jpg

7164631679_35e99246aa.jpg

7349843452_980b102f75.jpg

The most noticable difference upon taking out the old spikes and putting in the new is the Zarmas have a hard plastic sleeve around the holes for the spike tool. Too many times with other spikes do you try to put them in, or especially when taking them out, the tool slips out of the hole or holes and it is somewhat difficult to change the spikes, due to dirt buildup. With the sleeve that Champ has incorporated into these spikes the tool really fits and I have no doubt they will be just as easy to take out when the time comes.

7349843614_97ac197621.jpg

The Zarmas are more rigid than the softspikes I had been playing and I could feel a slight difference upon getting to the course and walking across the parking lot. We walked 9 holes today and I was very happy with the performance of the Zarmas. I never felt like my feet were slipping, and they provided a very solid base. I noticed more marks on the greens from these than what I had been playing, and I am sure that is from them being a little more rigid. There are a few holes where we have to walk the cart path between green and the next tee, so there is a little wear that I doubt would be there from riding a cart.

7164632385_fddbd2779c.jpg

7164632503_510d56be10.jpg

7349844146_1b3ac9681a.jpg

Overall, I am initially very happy with the Zarma spikes. I do like that they are a little more stiff than the Softspikes I have been using. I will keep track of how many rounds I get out of them here before they really start to show some wear.

Just finished my league. Will post more details when I get home, but these stingers really made a difference in my stability today.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Nice updates everybody! Kmac those are clean man, is your course very wet or is it pretty dry at the moment? With my old spikes they gather grass and mud like its their job, hopefully the Stingers are a lot better at that.

I received my spikes today, unfortunately I won't get to play tomorrow. I can't wait to try these out.

Here is my intro video for the Champ Zarmas.

Last edited:
Nice video Perry.

Back