Mulligan9111

Go Skers!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Time
So this year I joined a league with a buddy, and the course we are playing at has some very bumpy greens. It's a pretty hard transition going from my "home" course, which has very smooth greens to this course.

What do you guys do to try to "combat" the bumpy greens? Is there any tips you have to possibly get a more consistent roll?

Every week I have to play these greens and they just frustrate the heck out of me.

Don't count on the true break on a short breaking putt. Play a little break, ram it in, hope it goes in. I play on bumpy greens all the time, and they make me appreciate nice, smooth greens a whole lot more. Long putts aren't terrible on bumpy greens, may have to hit the ball a bit firmer due to all the hops.

Like jank said, I typically try and put it through the hole rather than playing the breaks. Typically works out better.

Yeah last month around here was time for airing out the greens, I just hit my puts a little harder then the norm. Now everthing is nice again and Im putting threw the holes. good luck, never leave a birdie put short!

The greens on my home course haven't been rolled in about 10 years, so they're pretty bumpy. You just have to putt hard enough to get over the bumps I think. Doesn't always work.

~Rock

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll try some of the things mentioned next week for league.

Back