Cleveland Classic Proving to be Long and Accurate on Tour

Cleveland Classic is Awesome!

Cleveland Classic is Awesome!

I went to Macon today and had my driver cut down to 44.5 inch and a mid size grip put on. I was absolutely nailing this thing at our two man scramble tonight!!! All I got to say about this driver is: :blob::banana::clapp::drinks::guitar::golf2::golf::thumb::thankyou:

Great news OG!!

Great news OG!!

This driver is the real deal and once you get it fit to your personal specs it's on like Donkey Kong :banana:

This driver is the real deal and once you get it fit to your personal specs it's on like Donkey Kong :banana:

Great to hear man! I love it when people are bombing their clubs!

I went to Macon today and had my driver cut down to 44.5 inch and a mid size grip put on. I was absolutely nailing this thing at our two man scramble tonight!!! All I got to say about this driver is: :blob::banana::clapp::drinks::guitar::golf2::golf::thumb::thankyou:

I know its in the other thread but what shaft are you using OG?

I have the stock C Kua 43 gram stiff shaft. I had it cut down to 44.5 and put on a mid size grip. This dawg will hunt like a coon hound on a serious outing! It felt a little loosy goosy for me with the 46 or whatever the stock length is. Once I cut it down it was on like Donkey Kong :thumb:

I have the stock C Kua 43 gram stiff shaft. I had it cut down to 44.5 and put on a mid size grip. This dawg will hunt like a coon hound on a serious outing! It felt a little loosy goosy for me with the 46 or whatever the stock length is. Once I cut it down it was on like Donkey Kong :thumb:

LOL you are too funny dude! I was curious how a cut down shaft would work out. Glad to hear you rocking it OG.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Man, that's awesome for Cleveland. This driver seems like a beast. I need to hit this. Jersey Nate, we need to play. I feel like this head with the Blue in it would be awesome. I'd love to take some swings with that beast.

Interesting OG the stock length is 45.25 I believe, simple google search would find this....I'm significantly shorter than you and am now thinking about shortening the club for accuracy's sake

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

I just keep wanting one of these more and more.

Interesting OG the stock length is 45.25 I believe, simple google search would find this....I'm significantly shorter than you and am now thinking about shortening the club for accuracy's sake

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

I got these big old gorilla long arms so for me to have a long shaft is playing with some serious dynamite .. Sometimes shorter is better but the women don't think so :bulgy-eyes:. Seriously though I have always been a believer in shorter shafts for accuracy. Just works for me :thumb:

45.25 is the stock length.

45.25 is the stock length.

Thanks Jeff. It just felt long and whippy for me. When I got it down to the right length, the control was much better.

Thanks Jeff. It just felt long and whippy for me. When I got it down to the right length, the control was much better.

No problem. Even if you are getting a little more distance with the extra length, having control is more important in my opinion. I'm 6'3" and my driver (not a Classic :sad:) is 45.

Wow OG that's great to hear. So I guess it's not time to retire the clubs yet?? Maybe that CC is taking years off your swing.

I keep wanting to try one of these, but I'm really getting along with the two drivers I have now, so have enough to consider with that! I'm going to end up trying it anyways and probably end up in even more a quandary.

Yeah cleveland drivers are phenomenal I really enjoyed the classic but the Black one was better for me!

i just went and bought myself one of these, a 270g model with 12* loft, seen one with a reasonable price on ebay and could not resist.

I might be one of the few that just stayed with the standard length. It's worked out pretty well for me.

I have the stock C Kua 43 gram stiff shaft. I had it cut down to 44.5 and put on a mid size grip. ***THIS DAWG WILL HUNT LIKE A COON HOUND ON A SERIOUS OUTING!*** It felt a little loosy goosy for me with the 46 or whatever the stock length is. Once I cut it down it was on like Donkey Kong :thumb:

Why is it that when OG posts about Cleveland products I picture Boo Weekley's fingers jamming away on a keyboard somewhere down in "Jawja"? :alien:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

i just went and bought myself one of these, a 270g model with 12* loft, seen one with a reasonable price on ebay and could not resist.

Nice Chas, it is a great club.

Nice Chas, it is a great club.

i hope so, i love my r11s, but can be quite erratic, i hope this gaves me decent distance with a bit more accuracy

i hope so, i love my r11s, but can be quite erratic, i hope this gaves me decent distance with a bit more accuracy

You should love it, especially the 12*. Amazingly you shouldn't lose distance and it will be easier to control. I'm wishing I would have bought the 12* now.

Tap-in Talking

Wow OG that's great to hear. So I guess it's not time to retire the clubs yet?? Maybe that CC is taking years off your swing.

Huh? CC = Club Championship this weekend not Canadian Club Liquor :D

Why is it that when OG posts about Cleveland products I picture Boo Weekley's fingers jamming away on a keyboard somewhere down in "Jawja"? :alien:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Colt -- I got me one of those Boo Weekly shirts with the camouflaged sleeves and such.

Congrat Chas and have fun with her!

I might be one of the few that just stayed with the standard length. It's worked out pretty well for me.

You might be, I had mine cut to 45.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back