The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So honest question to those that sign up for testings, and pay attention to signups.

What is more active in your opinion?
1. Person posts 70 posts per week and usually in equipment or tournament threads.
2. Person posts 150 posts per week, but 95% of them are in the random and off topic threads.

So honest question to those that sign up for testings, and pay attention to signups.

1. Person posts 70 posts per week and usually in equipment or tournament threads.
2. Person posts 150 posts per week, but 95% of them are in the random and off topic threads.

Option 1. Of course I make about 70 posts per week primarily in TMC2 threads (equipment/official/trash talk/etc) so maybe I am biased.

Option #1

For testing reasons, probably number 1.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Is this a test since its in the random and off topic thread?

Case 1 is 10 solid posts a day..
Case 2 is 1 solid post per day..

In this situation I would say case 1 is more active

keep the feedback coming guys. Its a genuine question that I think about a lot. Obviously a lot more goes into choosing testers, but we get a lot of "feedback" about what is "active", so I like to think about it.

I'd take option 1 myself. A balance between posts in the random / off topic forum and golf/equipment forums is great, just because you can get to know someone with their banter, but then also see how thoughtful and knowlegeable they are in describing equipment and how it works for their game.

Person 1, without question.

This is a golf forum, first and foremost. When you want to be involved in testing, you need to participate in golf threads more than 5% of the time.

Most active is option 2, but if it's your intention to be a tester, option 1 should pull most weight.

Plus, nobody talk about silly accents while I'm still here.

If case 1 is 70 posts a week mostly golf related and case 2 is 200 posts a week but 2/3rds of that is off-topic, I would say case 2 is "more active". Especially since they have about the same number of golf related posts

Number 1. I try to post in all the thread, but inevitably more than half of mine are in off topic threads, something I need to work on.

Person 1, without question.

This is a golf forum, first and foremost. When you want to be involved in testing, you need to participate in golf threads more than 5% of the time.
I agree, and a lot of time folks get caught up in the banter with their friends, me included.

Banter helps, and I say that because, sometimes it's really hard to get to know people and their personality simply through talking equipment 24/7. Its nice to make friends and be comfortable with the people at THP. That being said, it's also nice to talk some golf, since that is our purpose here, and like I said, for testing reasons, it's nice to know that you are handing equipment to someone that is going to give you some feedback.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

keep the feedback coming guys. Its a genuine question that I think about a lot. Obviously a lot more goes into choosing testers, but we get a lot of "feedback" about what is "active", so I like to think about it.

In all seriousness JB, I do not get into this thread to often with posts. I may read it just to see what is going on but I don't do a ton of posting in here, and I would rather see someone with fewer posts, but posts that are in the "right threads" get to do the testing. What I mean by that is, lets just say someone signs up for THP right before football season, gets in to one of the THP fantasy leagues, and makes 100 posts a day in the fantasy football thread, and none anywhere else on the forum. I would not consider that to be an active person that should be doing testing. JMO.

Ouch. Just looked, 12 of my last 50 posts were golf related. Worse than I thought, though I have posted quite a bit in here today.

From the newbie... Option 1

However, going forward as you post for sign-ups on products, it would be helpful if you would include in the product description whether it would be appropriate/welcome for a new player and/or woman player to sign-up, especially in the case of clubs since, as I understand it, the standards for women are different AND it's not clear if the manufacturer will supply the women's version for the test.

1 hands down.

In all seriousness JB, I do not get into this thread to often with posts. I may read it just to see what is going on but I don't do a ton of posting in here, and I would rather see someone with fewer posts, but posts that are in the "right threads" get to do the testing. What I mean by that is, lets just say someone signs up for THP right before football season, gets in to one of the THP fantasy leagues, and makes 100 posts a day in the fantasy football thread, and none anywhere else on the forum. I would not consider that to be an active person that should be doing testing. JMO.

Is there such a thing as "right" threads though? I mean lets use you as an example and I think you are a great member of this forum. However outside of the MC threads right now, it would be safe to say that most would not know of you right? Is that an active member? Im not disagreeing or coming down on you, so I hope you dont take it that way, just asking questions.

From the newbie... Option 1

However, going forward as you post for sign-ups on products, it would be helpful if you would include in the product description whether it would be appropriate/welcome for a new player and/or woman player to sign-up, especially in the case of clubs since, as I understand it, the standards for women are different AND it's not clear if the manufacturer will supply the women's version for the test.

Unless it says otherwise (which sometimes it does), it is open for everybody. We have done ladies specific before, but I dont believe there is such as thing as mens specific on THP.

Good to know... And show my newness :)

The guys have been encouraging me to sign-up and I am watching for something I would be able to give intelligent feedback on as I read, learn and play.

I struggle to get into the banter sometimes because I live on the interesting side of the world. I mean, my timing is impeccable, but there's only so much I can do.

And 28 in the last 100.

I dunno man. I consider myself pretty active, but my thing is, I can't JUST talk golf. I mean, equipment threads I'm useless in because I so rarely get to go out and test, as there are no shops around. Outing threads are a no go, for now at least. I dunno. I consider myself a decent tester, not the worst, certainly not the best, so I try to contribute in that manner.

I think the banter is what makes this place so great. I can come on here after a long day, chew the fat, mix in some golf talk, and relax, ya know?

so you're the other person besides Jake who calls bathing suits 'swim trunks' !

Dude everyone calls them swim trunks!!!
I call them swim trunks too. Who wears a suit when they are taking a bath? At best, they should be called swim suit, hahaha.

I post all over the place, and I think that it's a tough call to make and I'm glad it's your decision. The question that is asked is all-encompassing: "what is your activity level on THP" (or close to it), not "what is your activity level on equipment or tournament topics". Golf topics in general aren't included in that, and are the third most popular forum behind the equipment forum and the off topic forum.

I am going to see if there is a way to tell how much one has posted in every forum. It would be an interesting stat. Maybe I have a new request for the Ben guys, haha.

And 28 in the last 100.

I dunno man. I consider myself pretty active, but my thing is, I can't JUST talk golf. I mean, equipment threads I'm useless in because I so rarely get to go out and test, as there are no shops around. Outing threads are a no go, for now at least. I dunno. I consider myself a decent tester, not the worst, certainly not the best, so I try to contribute in that manner.

I think the banter is what makes this place so great. I can come on here after a long day, chew the fat, mix in some golf talk, and relax, ya know?

And again, I am not saying that you are right or wrong, just asking questions. However I will disagree that there are not things to talk about. There is always a tournament going on. Always testings going on to ask questions and discuss. And always just regular golf talk.

Im not saying people shouldnt banter, heck I do it myself, just asking questions about the process.

Oh yeah, I agree, it's just I am kinda useless in those convo's a lot of the time. I don't get to watch a whole lotta golf, but anyone can attest that when I am watching, I am in the tourny thread.

Asking questions is good though. Makes me think a bit, I like it.
And again, I am not saying that you are right or wrong, just asking questions. However I will disagree that there are not things to talk about. There is always a tournament going on. Always testings going on to ask questions and discuss. And always just regular golf talk.

Im not saying people shouldnt banter, heck I do it myself, just asking questions about the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back