You ever get that feeling?

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Where your just pumped and ready to get on the course because you think you're going to have a good day? I think I might just tear it up tomorrow. Going to get there nice and early, hit some balls so I'm loosey goosey, and get after it. Mega Skins is the men's club event. Not sure what that is, but I love making skins. So Mega Skins have to be even better, right?

Anyway, I don't always feel like that, and sometimes Saturday mornings come pretty early when I like to get there by 7:00 to warm up.

Kevin

Actually, yes. In fact I posted it in the weather thread:

This was on June 4:

84 on Tuesday with not much wind. Should be a good day for a personal best.

Then on June 5, I posted this in the What did you shoot today thread:

They had us playing the back nine first today, and I went out and did this:

Spoiler
PERSONAL BEST FOR NINE HOLES (38, +3)

75613121.jpg

And then on the front nine, I finished up with:

Spoiler
PERSONAL BEST FOR 18 HOLES(82, +12)

c26592cc.jpg

And together:

Spoiler
4e99c94e.jpg

Six pars, three bogeys on the back nine. Two pars, six bogeys and a TRIPLE on the front nine.

Yep. Definitely. Last week played with 3 other guys and I was jacked to play. Warmed up well and played great. Similar thing going on tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm a dork as I'm in the kitchen cleaning my clubs but I think it helps me to want to kick some tail. Doesn't always come off as planned but not for lack of effort. Gonna get to the course about 45 minutes before they do so I can work on the short game. And hopefully need a bigger car to bring home all the cashe.

Yep. Definitely. Last week played with 3 other guys and I was jacked to play. Warmed up well and played great. Similar thing going on tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm a dork as I'm in the kitchen cleaning my clubs but I think it helps me to want to kick some tail. Doesn't always come off as planned but not for lack of effort. Gonna get to the course about 45 minutes before they do so I can work on the short game. And hopefully need a bigger car to bring home all the cashe.

I like getting there for a leisurely warm up. Many weekends my wife and daughter come, but will do their own thing while I play the morning round. I'm always having to hurry them along and that wears on me. For the last three weeks I've taken my own car. No stress for me, none for them, and everybody is more relaxed. I have a routine I like to go through. It loosens me up well enough, and leaves me time to do a little BS'ing before the shotgun start.

Kevin

Maybe it's having new sticks in the bag, but I am super jacked to get back to the course. I play this coming Wednesday in a benefit golf tournament, and the guys I am playing with are pretty damn good, so I am hoping I am able to elevate my game a little bit, from my norm. If I can hit the driver well, it all seems to hinge on that, that I am confident the rest of the way through the bag.

That's what I'm talking about. Way to call it. I like to call my shots sometimes.

Kevin
I usually call my shots after I take them. It's easier that way, hehe.

Maybe it's having new sticks in the bag, but I am super jacked to get back to the course. I play this coming Wednesday in a benefit golf tournament, and the guys I am playing with are pretty damn good, so I am hoping I am able to elevate my game a little bit, from my norm. If I can hit the driver well, it all seems to hinge on that, that I am confident the rest of the way through the bag.

Get out there and tear it up. Getting off the tee well does lead to good things.

Kevin

When i have a feeling like that i'm so excited i can't sleep well and then I arrive like 2 hours early and practice a lot

When i have a feeling like that i'm so excited i can't sleep well and then I arrive like 2 hours early and practice a lot

Don't over do it. Loosen up and get in a rhythm. Then tear it up.

Kevin

I am incapable of calling my shots... other than the club twirl. I can always seem to muster up a pretty mean club twirl

That's what I'm talking about. Way to call it. I like to call my shots sometimes.

Kevin

I am incapable of calling my shots... other than the club twirl. I can always seem to muster up a pretty mean club twirl

That's an art in itself.

Kevin

Absolutely. Most of the time it comes when I have plans to play somewhere really nice. If I know I'm going somewhere really awesome (most of the time with my Dad) I get this indescribable feeling where I just know I'm going to go out there and tear it up. I always tend to play better the nicer the place is, which is kinda weird.

But I know what you mean about just feeling it.

Mega Skins gotta be tons better that regular skins....go get em Esox!!

Whenever I feel like i'm really ready to go, got it figured out and am going to play really well before I get to the course, I play like crap.

Don't over do it. Loosen up and get in a rhythm. Then tear it up.

Kevin

Yeah it's just the excitement haha I clean my clubs and arrange everything nicely before I go the next morning. It's probable cause I'm a golf addict.

I know this feeling you speak of and it is a greaat feeling. I had it a few weeks prior to the outing on Mother's day, I played around with my Dad and felt like I was going to stripe it all day. I had one of my best rounds in terms of ball striking and scoring. Hope it worked out for you today.

Woke up plenty early to get to the course in a relaxing manner. Still felling pretty good, but a little stiff, as usual in the morning. Took two Naproxin, that usually does the trick.

Mega Skins. They're going to be freakin' MEGA. Man.

Kevin

First day of Club Championship this morning. Normally I get too pumped and excited however this year I don't give a flip. They took out the handicap portion for the senior division,which means I would have to shoot low 70's both days. Soooooo I'm just going out to enjoy the golf and take it easy. No pressure as I have no expectations what so ever. Just an old hacker enjoying golfing with my buddies.

First day of Club Championship this morning. Normally I get too pumped and excited however this year I don't give a flip. They took out the handicap portion for the senior division,which means I would have to shoot low 70's both days. Soooooo I'm just going out to enjoy the golf and take it easy. No pressure as I have no expectations what so ever. Just an old hacker enjoying golfing with my buddies.

Have fun and shoot low OG

formerly butters35

I know that feeling, usually its gas but occasionally its not. I'm jacked to play today, no mega skins or anything just a fun round among friend.

Tear it up today, you deserve mega huge skins!

--
Tapatalk2

I have and it wasn't that long ago. Just make sure you are able to control it and not get too pumped up. I had a tournament around the beginning of May. After the first day, I was sitting about 3 or 4 shots off the lead. I had a feeling on the second day that it was going to be one of those really good days. I started that day with a birdie on the first. I then missed a short birdie on 2 and 3, so I should have been -3 after 3 holes. I made another long birdie on 5, and when it went in, I'm pretty sure I could have run straight through a brick wall. I played a few more good holes after that and was getting more and more pumped up. It finally got to the point where I couldn't control it anymore and it ended up making me get extremely tired really fast. I didn't play so well on the back and ended up not placing. I think if I could have controlled those emotions a little better, I would have scored much better on the back.

Woke up plenty early to get to the course in a relaxing manner. Still felling pretty good, but a little stiff, as usual in the morning. Took two Naproxin, that usually does the trick.

Kevin

Kill it today Esox!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Kevin

Esox may be looking at a name change here, MegaMan has a nice ring too. I know you are going to do well, keep 'em in the short grass.

Just relax and hit the ball like you did yesterday, you were one swing from being at 74. Only the tee shot on 13 kept you from being there. Good luck buddy!

I like this Mega Skins thing...sounds awesome. Take all the money man...:D

Back