Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I need to get on a launch monitor, I think I could benefit from a heavier shaft. When I go with a light shaft I feel like I got all of out synch.

Exactly what they did for me. You want to talk about whippy. I went with the heavier ones as well. I wasn't looking to gain SS, like so many are. I think if you have a faster transition at the top, like myself, the lighter shafts were impossible for me to hit without changing things up drastically. They aren't for everyone.

That's one of the beauties of the Miyazaki line...there IS a shaft for EVRYONE!

Been told by the little lady that I should wait until next Tuesday (anniversary) before making any golf purchases, so my want for the Classic will have to suffer through the weekend. Glad I didn't OEM one last night though!

I hit my Cleveland Classic only 5 times today and nutted up on all on them and in the fairways. I am a happy camper to say the least.

I hit my Cleveland Classic only 5 times today and nutted up on all on them and in the fairways. I am a happy camper to say the least.

Yep, the Tower of Power was long and straight with the CC, impressive day of driving and scoring for my buddy. :thumb:

I saw these at the golf shop in person for the first time today.. Man they are slick looking!! I need to hit one soon

Still loving some CC action. Straight as an arrow and long to boot. I'm finding 280+ becoming somewhat of the norm instead of the "really nailed it" drive. Pair the distance with an average of 3-4 more fairways hit a round and I can't find a reason to complain.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Purchasing ban lifted once she figured out what it cost. :D Kind of a slow day in the office... May need to duck out early. If I can find one in stock, I should be able to get it out on the course this weekend. More thoughts to follow.

I have been reading this thread for awhile and am wondering if this driver will provide any benefits to what I am currently hitting.

A lot of the positive feedback seems to be centered around more fairways hit. Is this because the driver is more forgiving? Does it have a larger sweetspot? Is side spin reduced?

The reason I ask is because I can not really test this driver out. I need a very stiff shaft and this driver does not have an adjustable head so you can not easily swap out shafts during a demo.

My misses with the driver are purely due to my poor swings. The bad swings are usually a result of my swing path or face at impact. I have great hand eye and typically hit the ball in the middle of the face, the club just happens to be going the wrong direction a good portion of the time.

That said, what can I expect to see with this driver vs others on the market when hit square? Higher ball flight? More penetrating ball flight? Larger sweet spot? Improved distance?

Thanks

I had a great front 9 with the Classic and a rough back when my head got to me. 497 yard par 5 I was left with 205 to the pin, by far the furthest I have hit the Classic. This club just performs as long as that crap between my ears is clear. Right now I have the Diamana Blue Board in it but will soon be gripping a Kusala Blue. The Diamana is working well with a mid-high ball flight and an ok roll out. My problem is I have about 500 tees that are short for my swing. I have found that I need a half ball above the face for center impact. I have the 2 3/4" tee's but they are barley in the ground and usually fall over. I can say that if thats all thats bad (buying new tee's) I am a very happy Classic owner!

Trigger pulled. Went back to the store and hit the Classic again just to be sure. Apparently I wasn't crazy... I'm playing this weekend so I'll have some on course feedback after we get back from our trip!

Trigger pulled. Went back to the store and hit the Classic again just to be sure. Apparently I wasn't crazy... I'm playing this weekend so I'll have some on course feedback after we get back from our trip!

Nice! Congrats on the new classic Jon.

First time out was interesting. Had some issues hitting off the toe. Wasn't able to get it completely fixed on the course, but I'm certain I'll be able to work it out on the range. Good thing was that the toe hits didn't kill me at all. Decent distance and not too much trouble. The few that I did get hold of were impressive. I could get used to hitting drives like those. All in all I'm satisfied with the purchase. I know this thing is going to be a weapon for me. Oh and the sound. Who doesn't love that? Thwak! Not tingy at all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone compared the C Kua 59x and the 72x Black? I guess it doesn't have to be x stiff, but it would help.

Has anyone compared the C Kua 59x and the 72x Black? I guess it doesn't have to be x stiff, but it would help.

I've not directly compared the two but they are a bit different. Here's a great article about the C. Kua, http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=10347

The Black is a little softer in the hands and stiffens as you progress down the shaft.

If you reach out to miyazaki via their help desk they can give you a good idea of what shaft will work well for you.

Had an on and off day with the Classic today - all in all, this club has severely reduced the severity of my slices off of the tee, even though they do still rear their ugly head at times. I bombed a few drives 260+ yards, but also hit some weaker slices off of the heel - which seems to be my miss these days. However, even some of the heel misses got out there and into the fairway - this driver is FORGIVING with a capital F.

I want this club. Can't wait for it to go on sale!!

I've not directly compared the two but they are a bit different. Here's a great article about the C. Kua, http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=10347

The Black is a little softer in the hands and stiffens as you progress down the shaft.

If you reach out to miyazaki via their help desk they can give you a good idea of what shaft will work well for you.

Thanks, man. apparently Cleveland no longer offers the c kua in 59x so I'm just trying to figure out what the next option will be.

Last edited:
Thanks, man. apparently Cleveland no longer offers the c kua in 59x so I'm just trying to figure out what the next option will be.

Hmm I would give em a call, you might be surprised.

--
Tapatalk2

I played this driver in my Club Championship today and it was money! I shot a slick little 73 and I'm in first place heading in to tomorrow :blob:

I played this driver in my Club Championship today and it was money! I shot a slick little 73 and I'm in first place heading in to tomorrow :blob:

You'll bring home that Championship tomorrow! Go OG!!!!! Take 'em to the Woodshed!

Had another good day with the Classic, 2 bombs today. They didn't beat the 290 yards from yesterday but GPS'd at 268 and 272. That is long for me considering carry is 230 and roll usually is around 250. Very happy and on Tuesday I should be a new owner of a Kusala Blue unless I get sniped on eBay.

Nice! Pics of trophy and woodshed are hopefully in order!

I want this club. Can't wait for it to go on sale!!

Cleveland is offering a $50 mail in rebate right now. That plus the father's day sales could make it pretty affordable.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Back